It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparing us for disclosure? With films like this!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Are we getting groomed slowly so we accept disclosure when it happens?

What are everybody elses thoughts.

This looks like a really cool film very funny lol

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

This movie looks kinda cool. Especially when he revives the dead bird just to eat it. Might not be in this trailer, i didn't watch this one lol

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That looks like it might be a decent comedy, but as for grooming us for disclosure...they must have been doing so since the 1950's. There are literally countless "alien" movies, a lot of good ones coming from the late 70's, 80's, and mid 90's. Alien, Aliens, Close Encounters, E.T. (most overrated film of all time, imo), Contact, Independence Day, Men in Black, Signs, the list goes on and on.

The extraterrestrial based sci-fi genre is almost as old as film itself. Personally, I hope some really good new film-makers come up with some fresh ideas, because it's all getting a little cliched now. With all the new ones coming out this year, there's bound to be at least one gem in the mix.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

The most prevalent theme I see in movies these days by FAR, is the devil and paranormal stuff. Demons, Vampires, Devil, Exorcism, Ghosts, all that stuff.
If we are being programed for anything, I think it has to do somehow with all this scary crap.
I find it very disturbing too.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If that is grooming us for alien contact then E.T. would be, as would Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Independence Day, Earth Girls Are Easy, War of the Worlds, My Favorite Martian and many many others that are too numerous to name. This is just another of the many alien movies that we see spring up from time to time.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Are we getting groomed slowly so we accept disclosure when it happens?

What are everybody elses thoughts.

This looks like a really cool film very funny lol

Thats fine they can prepare us with movies like this all they want but keep the crap like

skyline

battle for l.a.

aliens and cowboys and all teh other evil aliens have come to earth to kill us movies outta the theater and video stores cause we dont want em.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Personally, I think we're being groomed for hamfisted spiritual journeys that prove to be enlightening in most unexpected ways

edit on 2-2-2011 by laterallateral because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think movies are just what it is...movies. Its all about money and ratings. The producers know just as much as we do about conspiracy's and Extraterrestrials. Also, most of of the movies come from ideas and dreams. Stephen King for example, writes his books based on his dreams.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hollywood is grooming us to spend money watching their movies imo.

funny looking flick. Simon Pegg is brilliant.

Preparing us for disclosure? naa..people have been suggesting that since the 70s with star trek, close encounters, etc...meh. its just a movie like all the others.
preparing us for disclosure (the next step) will take form in government disclosing finding a earthlike planet by kepler, including traces of an actual civilization living on said planet...let people digest that for a decade or two.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

But thats like saying that "The End Times" are coming because of , insert any disaster or religious film from the last 100 years here
edit on 2-2-2011 by dalek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
im liking the comments guys, i personally think Hollywood do know whats on peoples minds and what better way to rake the money in but i still find it fascinating that it might just be possible some government department may just possibly have an input

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Grooming us for disclosure. Why is it every time a new alien movie comes out someone has to say it's the goverment or TPTB getting us ready for disclosure. But I know you post this so if TPTB decide they want to tell the truth you can say See I told you. Come on this is getting old.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm really looking forward to that movie... old-school Science Fiction fans meeting up with an Alien, sounds like good comedy, especially cause it's from makers from "Shaun of the Dead", one of the most funny parodies out there... but for disclosure? No, realy not, they rather want us to panic about an Alien invasion, Paul is too good-minded I guess.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

grooming us for disclosure
... Why does this always sound to me like a religious thing akin to the Armageddon that Christians have been waiting for?

Ufology is feeling more and more like a new religion to me, no real evidence needed just belief and now we have something to actually wait for 'disclosure'...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SanTanManAz

i realy dont post so i can say i told you so, i just wanted to know what other people think on it, i know theres been alien film for years now but lately it just seems to be getting more and more which goes hand in hand with hollywood knowing what the public want and how to make a quick buck.

so please dont start arguments people, people believe in different things respect it, i dont want a discussion i would like more just a personal opinion board im intrested what peopl think

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
sounds like a very cool movie, that grey is very funny
i think i love greys now

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If this is somehow preparing me for disclosure that aliens are here or are simply real, then I had better prepare myself for the reality of Narnia, talking lions and a cupboard which has all the characteristics of Dr Who's Tardis! Enjoy it for the exciting and funny movie it will undoubtedly be and don't try to over complicate it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

hahaha love it star for you sir

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hollywood works in funny ways, They seem to play on peoples beleifs to make cash out of it. They done it when it comes to the "2012" end of world thing with that crappy movie and have made god knows how many films about UFO/Aliens attacking earth. Yeah so there cant be friendly aliens only blood thirsty ones?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
good post an very good concept, i guess they think where fools?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join