It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster Storm Bears Down On Australia

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Terry14me

La Nina - as opposed to El Nino is a possible cause

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by squandered

One place to start is to make buildings with steel frames instead of timber...

Keep talking!

I want underground storage facilities and places to herd people that are waterproofed - with built in air etc. We need an accredited town planner to speak up here!

We HAVE to rebuild a stronger city to evacuate to, as well as use easy to find better construction methods, I'd think concentrating on triangular steel forms and pumped concrete walls... that cost about the same amount. Why not?

There's no GDP to be had in a ruined landscape.

It always comes back to 3 year terms of governance to me - along with longer term oligarchy corruption (which is already notable in America). China can make it work and all they have is the long term term goal beat America as a superpower.(Which will go bad for them, like America - the worlds celebrity nation).

link   
I saw this storm yesterday while I was playing around on google earth and was just shocked at the size of that thing. My thoughts and meditations will be focused on that region.

link   
I saw this storm yesterday while I was playing around on google earth and was just shocked at the size of that thing. My thoughts and meditations will be focused on that region.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

thanks for the live stream for these storm chaser guys

Saw them on the live coverage on Ch 7 in Sydney.
Crazy guys who also seem to be cautious which is good.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Omg when will it end for the Aussies......You have such a beautiful country and the people there seem so wonderful.My heart goes out to Australia and prayers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

We have so much love for each other you could cut with a knife and Queenslanders are tough as nails.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

We have so much love for each other you could cut with a knife and Queenslanders are tough as nails.

We are tough as guts and will get through it no problem. Driving around brisbane daily, some areas you can't even tell that 3 weeks ago, so much of it was underwater. The spirit of the people in my state has been amazing, & i've never been more proud to call myself a born & bred Queenslander

In saying that, tomorrow morning will most likely be devastating, but, give it a couple of weeks, and many will be back on their feet! My thoughts are with you all up north tonight & in the coming few days.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
lucky oprah is not here....she would be "#tin bricks" as we say here.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Terry14me

Good point, in my memory Mount Isa has never been hit by a cyclon,and iv'e had 52 years of watching them. Never seen one on the west coast get as fare down as Perth but it nearly did. Global warming?

Do your research mate i know of one ,i was 9 in 1978 called Alby wiped out Busso/ Quindalup/ Dunsborough and if you research more, you will find it was another high La Nina year, gee those wirly birds love the warm water.

For the record its why Bianca last week fizzeled out, lacked the warm water. even thou i predicted this in Oct last year, I fish and look at water temps

Wal

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by squandered

Yeah underground is the way to go.

You would need it to be a CBD style area, the Air / Oxygen supply pipes would have to run above ground but up higher than ground level. For example running through a 5-10 story building.

That way if there is flooding the oxygen supply pipes are not drowned out in water.

Of course the entrances would need to be water / airtight in the case of flooding. It would also have to be lines with cement or something that makes the entire lining of the bunkers waterproof. As the water table may rise as well.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If you're in Australia then the best of luck to you and my deepest sympathys. This is horrible, so much flooding and now this, such a massive chain of bad events in one place is seriously going to take a toll.

Take care guys.

link   
WHEN IS THIS STORM EXPECTED ??...IS IT OVER? OR

link   
It seems all cameras went offline by now...did they cut power yet?

link   
Heres a live video feed from Cairns www.novafm.com.au...

And some more news

Heres a live satellite feed that gives some idea as to how big this cyclone is www.bom.gov.au...
edit on 2-2-2011 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Raven_Heart

The news is running straight now, it normally finishes about 4 hours ago... they mentioned the power will have to be cut as the winds are definatly going to bring power lines down.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

It's been said on the live TV coverage that the main bit will hit at midnight tonight......Just under 2 hours now.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Rest assured that it is nowhere near Melbourne.

Your Mom will be safe from the storm.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Sky News has just stated the Cyclone will be bigger than Katrina. Now recording winds of 125K as front edge is hitting.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by Noobastronomer

It's been said on the live TV coverage that the main bit will hit at midnight tonight......Just under 2 hours now.

THANKS ALOT.......HOPE NOTHING TERRIBLE HAPPENS....

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join