It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found an American Hero . . . So I Made a Movie About Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Where are the good men ... the heroes? Are they the guys in spandex, chasing balls around, & covered in tattoos on ESPN? Are they on American Idol, or Dancing with the Stars? No. Hell no.

The following short film is the story of a former Narcotics Detective named Russ Jones. Russ was assigned to a DEA task force, infiltrated and rode with the Hells’ Angels, & served as a Foreign Intelligence Agent in Latin America where he watched as drugs were shipped out while our government officials were looking the other way ... but this is just the beginning. And this is not, in my opinion, why this man is a hero ... keep reading.

There is much more to Russ’s story. You need to watch this short film to understand. For now, I’ll let Russ speak for himself: “What I was experiencing as a police officer on the streets of the City of San Jose, was that . . . we didn’t have a war on drugs, we had drug prohibition . . . and we had a war on people.”

Today, Russ volunteers his time to speak around the country in an effort to answer questions, educate, & inform the public regarding one of America’s largest ongoing policy disasters--Nixon’s Drug War. Russ is a speaker for LEAP, (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition), and DPFT, (Drug Policy Forum of Texas).

I first heard Russ, years ago, on a big city radio show. I had never heard a person answer questions about our miserable, ‘Drug War,’ with such depth, knowledge, & clarity. I was absolutely glued to the radio. Ironically, I later met Russ through a series of fortunate events, & Russ graciously allowed me to film him speaking at universities, churches, rotary clubs, and the like.

Over the years, I have enjoyed reading the ATS website, and have often shared in the anger and disbelief expressed on the forums regarding our disappearing freedoms. But I reached a point where my desire to actually do something overrode my quiet anger. So I spent the last two years of my life doing nothing but learning how to make a film, spending lot’s-o-money, and then shooting and editing Russ’s film. I promise you this is worth a few minutes of your time.

Former Narcotics Detective Russ Jones on: "The War on Drugs” - (HD)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
posting here to remind myself to watch it later... be back with an opinion eventually...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thankyou op very much. Youre absolutely correct, here is a "HERO"!. In fact, by spending your time as you did...you too deserve KUDOS. Flag for you and Ill be following your threads.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by YourMomLied

I only got 5 mins until my Godforsaken computer browser crashed,But I will watch this if it takes a complete computer rebuild.
You made this film YML?
Good Job on what I have seen so far.
He already mentioned "contras"-will he mention Gary Webb i wonder.
I read this book once,called "whiteout."

Get the video up on ATS media if you can,contact a mod

S/F

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yes, Russ does mention Gary Webb, and actually displays a full newspaper article by Gary Webb. Thank you, I will contact a mod and try and get his film up on ATS media. (It will probably help if other members request his film too).

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Thankyou op very much. Youre absolutely correct, here is a "HERO"!. In fact, by spending your time as you did...you too deserve KUDOS. Flag for you and Ill be following your threads.

Russ is the real deal ... my respect for him has only grown over time. It’s time we start recognizing the real hero’s in our country while we still have the freedom to do so. And if I’m the only one doing it, then so be it ... because my patience has run out on the mainstream American media to do so.

(Thanks for the kudos. I was hesitant to bring myself in to this thread description at all, but I decided to do so because I wanted people to understand that they can do the same thing I have done ... to filter their desire for change in to actually creating a change. Three years ago, I was a regular daily viewer on ATS, sitting back & shaking my head as I read about the, “changes," occurring in this great country. Then I decided to do something about it).

When we have great men of distinction who speak the truth, we need to surround this person with support. And let me add this ... if people think Russ is warmly greeted by every group, they would be mistaken. While it is true that many people are well ahead of our puppet politicians, and do indeed welcome Russ, there is still some who are not always so friendly to the truth & facts he presents. Russ is one tough cookie, yet he is still a human being. This is not a cake walk even for Russ. This man has volunteered a great deal of his time, and put forth a great deal of effort in traveling around the U.S. giving his presentations. What he, (and the organizations he represents), is doing is unprecedented.

If anyone has a moment, please make a comment To Russ under his YouTube video ... Russ does read these.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I am going to send it out to family and friends in the morning.

Guys like Russ Jones and Serpico give me hope that there are still good guys out there attempting to bring sanity to the world of law enforcement. Russ will go up there with Serpico as one of my heros.
edit on 31-1-2011 by MikeNice81 because: keep typing their instead of there

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well done! Nice job on the movie. He is correct the big impediment is moral and ethical beliefs based on the false propaganda government and their media lap dogs have been spreading for decades.

I loved the part about Marijuana just being a weed. 50% of our prison population is in there because of a plant for god sake... How absurd is that... Sigh

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Watched it. Liked it. Thanks.

He was the real deal and very informative.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this. I am going to send it out to family and friends in the morning.

Guys like Russ Jones and Serpico give me hope that there are still good guys out there attempting to bring sanity to the world of law enforcement. Russ will go up there with Serpico as one of my heros.
reply to post by MikeNice81

Russ is indeed up there with Serpico. I just hope more people will become aware of Russ, and spread this presentation around. Russ has a truly, truly unique ability to communicate with audiences. I just hope he doesn’t get completely burned out during the process ... there are no fan clubs waiting for him at the end of the day. People need to support this guy. Thank you

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Well done! Nice job on the movie. He is correct the big impediment is moral and ethical beliefs based on the false propaganda government and their media lap dogs have been spreading for decades.

I loved the part about Marijuana just being a weed. 50% of our prison population is in there because of a plant for god sake... How absurd is that... Sigh
reply to post by hawkiye

Thank you. Yes sir ... it’s all about imposing personal beliefs and morals on others. Basically, this is the reality of the insane, ‘Drug War,’ ... “If you don’t live like I want you to live, then I’m gonna put you in jail !!!”

Yeah, marijuana is just a weed. There are so many, ignored, 800 lb. gorillas in the room when it comes to the drug war. It’s time we start shaming those who ignore these 800 lb. gorillas, and honoring those who acknowledge them.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is a message so many need to hear! There is no one more credible to speak out and to the waste of lives and the economy that the "war on drugs" is.
You did a *really* great job on the video, YML! I hope there will be more to come!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Great video, great message, great man.
Thanks for doing this and for sharing it with us, YML.

This failed policy has cost us dearly on many levels. The war on drugs needs to end now. Let's get this message out.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Great video, great message, great man. Thanks for doing this and for sharing it with us, YML.

This failed policy has cost us dearly on many levels. The war on drugs needs to end now. Let's get this message out.
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You, “get it.” This certainly is about the, ‘Drug War,’ but not just about the Drug War. This is much bigger. This is about enormous loss of freedom for everyone. You nailed it with: “This failed policy has cost us dearly on many levels.” You said it all.

Thank You Lucidity for spreading this with the link in your signature ... it is time that men like Russ Jones be publicly honored, and time for those who continue this policy to be openly shamed.

top topics

join