It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds detained in Saudi Arabia over protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

www.tehrantimes.com...

Saudi authorities detained hundreds of demonstrators on Friday in Jeddah who gathered to protest against poor infrastructure after deadly floods swept through Saudi Arabia's second biggest city, police and witnesses said.
The protest came after mass messages sent over BlackBerry smart phones called for popular action in response to the flood, an unusual move in the Arab state at a time of spreading anti-government unrest across the Arab world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theglobeandmail.com
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: grrrrrrrrrr

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Another hot spot to watch.

Particularly of interest to me was the technology aspect cropping up once again. Seems the word is spreading like wildfire indeed.

The Saudis are among the most oppressed people in the ME, so If the Saudis enter this with more bodies, it could become one of the more tumultuous incidents. The government there would probably be a lot tougher on their people than we've seen thus far, as this report might indicate already.

This news is from the Tehran Times, so that gives it an interesting slant as Saudi Arabia and Iran...not the best of buds.

I've attached an article under additional links entitled, "Will Obama Lose Saudi Arabia." Here's a quote from it.

“After decades of American policy predicated on backing reliable, albeit repressive regimes in Egypt and Saudi Arabia, Barack Obama has begun signalling more sympathy with the aspirations of protesters in the Arab street.”

I'll keep this thread updates as I find more about this. Hope this wasn't posted already. Hard to keep up with all this stuff.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Sounds to me like they are getting ready to raise the cost of oil to me.

None of this seems to be about real change....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i can imagine the first question they get asked when they get to jail to be- what hand do you use to hold your picket sign? then chop chop bye bye handy

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Egypt is Middle East's number two worst fascist regime, and hardcore totalitarian, just behind Saudi Arabia.

Both nations are heavily backed by the West, and all their torture, mass arrest and murder of innocent people are left on the side and brushed under the table.

It is disgusting to see the West keep silent regarding this situation, it is disgusting how they responded to Iranian protests and how they are responding to these protests. Funny how US supplied a way for communication for protesters in Iran, but have done nothing for Egyptians, Tunisians and other nations who are trying to topple their puppet fascist dictators.

Coincident

Al-Zawahiri is from Egypt. Second in command of Al-Qaeda.
Osama bin laden is from Saudi Arabia. First in command.

Egypt is the second worst fascist regime in the Middle East.
Saudi Arabia is the first.

They ask how terrorism came to existence, maybe they should ask themselves. The answer is right in front of their noses.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well now this is interesting: Saudi King Arrives in Morocco After Treatment in U.S

A world leader not in "place." Any others?

Mubarak in Egypt seems to want to stay, but that's still up in the air.

Also in generarl: Arab Pundits Cheer the Tunisia, Egypt Protests

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Great points.

Why do we turn a blind eye? We probably all know by now that the reason is $$$ and OI (or access to the chokepoint through which the oil, water, and gas travel).

The governments put into place in these countries, well...we'll see.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It all seems planned to happen this fast..

The very people that put these regimes in place (US,Israel,UK etc) and supported and armed them are now calling for change..

Israel is the one to watch..
All of these countries have been reasonably stable as far as relationships with Israel go.
If regimes change, who knows?
We are seeing it in Lebanon, Iran,Syria,Egypt and now Saudi Arabia....

Israel may again have many enemies ready to attack..and Israel usually doesn't wait..
Is it planned.?????

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

US/UK/Israel talk like they are supporting the people because the situation is bleak. It could go either way, the people might win and their puppets might be removed from power. US is trying to be friendly with the future of those revolutionary nations. Funny US hasn't called for Mubarak to step down, the US has only called for Egypt to change, but for Mubarak to stay in power. That is why Mubarak listened to his puppet master and forced the government to resign, and now choosing a new government which will represent Zionist/US empire.

I don't think the US empire can do anything to gain a friendly regime (If the revolution is successful), the people vehemently hate the US for their support of fascist puppets, throughout the Muslim world. Not to mention the US double standard and hypocrisy considering the Zionist cancer Muslims are facing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Yes...you're right. The people called for him to leave and yet....

It's beginning to look like it may have been the government forcing Mubarak's hand in the incidents last summer in backing Iran against the sanctions and not allowing Israel and airspace. However, things aren't always how they seem at first glance.

What if he's being stubborn and might still wind up ousted?

Or what if the government is being sacrificed as a scapegoat to blame his actions on, as in to save face in front of or convince someone that things were not as they seemed.

Still some different scenarios possible here.

I posted it in another thread, but you might be interested in reading these threads and articles as they contain some very interesting information....

The whole atmosphere in the ME has been shifting toward the ME finally starting to band together against a "common enemy." So I'm wondering just a bit in the back of my mind if all this really isn't a result. This article last year really left an impression on me last summer: The Enemy of My Enemy as did this one: Poll: Arab majority believes nuclear Iran helps

Also, have you seen this? I just read it about an hour ago or so ago, so I'm still pondering it. If Egypt Falls, Syria Must Follow

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

In a way, yes, I do agree that it seems planned. What I'm needing a moment to wrap my head around is how they did it.

I think this is deep down about Iran and Syria, both of whom have been in the cross hairs of certain factions of certain governments for at least the 14 or so years I've been following this mess. We all know Iran was messed with before too...that's all pretty famous stuff. They both still are..

Remember when Israel bombed one of Syria's alleged nuclear sites (I think it was 2007) and a whole lot went on between (among?) Syria, Israel, and Egypt and investigations and allegations of airspace violations? After that Syria's ties with Iran strengthened and to me they appear to have benefited from a reprieve since. Now I'm thinking that somehow, some way this might be a new approach at getting at them. After all these years of failed attempts.

I can't wait to hear the Iranian statements on the situation in the ME right now. They've been oddly silent. Probably waiting like we are to see how this all pans out and wondering what it means to them. Turkey's statements might be very interesting as well, as they, like Egypt sided with Iran over the whole nuclear issue and sanction mess last year. .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I only want to bring an Edgar Cayce prophecy to light: 'Cayce also predicted the possibility of a third world war. He spoke of strifes arising near the Davis Straits, and in Libya, and in Egypt, in Ankara, and in Syria; through the straits around those areas above Australia, in the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf."'

The most we can do is to just think positive really. The West ain't gonna do jack all but try and keep their 'puppets' in place. If the people take over the government, they'll send in troops to 'help out' the current country. Not everything as it appears and the citizens of these countries know what's up while the ones (West) spoon fed new toys and food hide behind that to not face the issues at hand. Turkey could be next (Ankara) then that could open the door to conflicts in the Asian Ocean and the like..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Some very interesting facets to the story here in this thread.

Watching all of the events as they unfold...its hard to think its spontaneous.

I am leaning towards the heavy hand somewhere deep...at work.

S&F

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Cayce...wow ...thank you for the reminder. I hang out at the dream institute a bit, but haven't reread him in a long time.

We sure do seem to be heading for Asia. But I have a little subtheory about that...which about now I'm revisiting like a mad woman...seeing as some curves and fast balls have been thrown here lat

reply to post by burntheships

You're so right...it might take us a good while to sort this all out. I've been reading and listening all day and it just keeps coming.

edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Turkey's statements might be very interesting as well, as they, like Egypt sided with Iran over the whole nuclear issue and sanction mess last year. .

Turkey is the "elephant in the room"
They have a very strong defence force and are a NATO member..
If Turkey does infact side with the arab countries against any Israeli conflict then what does the US do ??

The US is supposed to suport NATO members and we know Turkey is not happy with Israel over many things including the Floatilla incident and it's biased investigation..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

through the straits around those areas above Australia, in the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf."'

Though Indonesia and Malaysia seem reasonably settled..
It would take something big to see real uprisings there...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ya'll! I'm gonna get country here because the crap is going down. Get your gas, get it now. Don't wait.Get your food if you need it. If Saudi goes nuts things are gonna go crazy in this economy. It's gonna be the 70's all over again.
edit on 28-1-2011 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Remember this? Brazil, Turkey urge delay in UN sanctions vote on Iran

Egypt also helped Iran get around the sanctions. Yep. They're the elephant in the room.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Ugh...I remember the gas lines. One of the first things they reported when this all started,,.gas prices soar in Egypt Of course.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
There was a thread a while ago about a Saudi prince saying something was going down.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted on 12-6-2010 @ 10:43 this post
Saudi Prince Turki bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud has warned the country's royal family to step down and flee before a military coup or a popular uprising overthrows the kingdom.
and another a few days ago that i am looking for

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join