It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I do admit all this chaos over a vial of VX

We need to keep looking up
in case if things drop down but the authorization for that is not allowed as far as it goes. I would presume there are going to be further test they should be releasing a new virus between February and June. Now what is the testing ground that is the true riddle.......................................

But yeh you are right nothing goes this big over a vial of VX.

With Respect

Mr X

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
reply to post by undo

Ok, addendum if i may.

I would not extend that to children, children have no control over the decisions of their parents.

HOWEVER ... those parents themselves bring the "death" onto their offspring, karma is a great big wheel that turns, and you cannot ignore it because you are well paid and can claim scientific objectivity.

Perhaps i am wrong, but we as parents must choose our own lives wisely, and in a manner that will reflect well for our children. We leave them inheritances ... who would want their child to inherit VX nerve gas? Really, who?

Just a thought, the war machine doesn't appeal to me either. i think the leaders who disagree with each other, should be put together in a room and work out any differences they have over a big bowl of celery (i hear it has a calming effect). it isn't everyone else's fault that the big guys can't get along with each other. why does it always require full scale war. why not give each leader a paint gun and who ever emerges from the arena with the least amounts of hits, wins lol

HOWEVER, (here comes reality), because countries have to protect themselves from each other, the military will be required it's just a fact of life. to blame it on the people who do the work (the janitor, the secretary, the doctor,, the red cross, the linguist, etc) but don't make the decisions, is shooting yourself in the foot because any monies or goods you contribute to your society, invariably supports the military of the country you're in.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrX11111

Is Dugway Near Arizona?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/29/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stu030273

Utah

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stu030273

If the virus is put forth it would take roughly 2 hours to reach your area there are new ways of distribution many are not aware of.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
NBC news affiliate in Dallas had a story this morning about a suspicious package by Cowboys Stadium hidden under manhole cover. Haz Mat guys are earning their keep. Two scares in 2 days..

.www.nbcdfw.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Waiting for the movie "Paranoid Planet"!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Just a thought, the war machine doesn't appeal to me either. i think the leaders who disagree with each other, should be put together in a room and work out any differences they have over a big bowl of celery (i hear it has a calming effect). it isn't everyone else's fault that the big guys can't get along with each other. why does it always require full scale war. why not give each leader a paint gun and who ever emerges from the arena with the least amounts of hits, wins lol

HOWEVER, (here comes reality), because countries have to protect themselves from each other, the military will be required it's just a fact of life. to blame it on the people who do the work (the janitor, the secretary, the doctor,, the red cross, the linguist, etc) but don't make the decisions, is shooting yourself in the foot because any monies or goods you contribute to your society, invariably supports the military of the country you're in.

You make such a compelling argument, thank you. I disagree of course, but it's such a ... difficult question.

My kids and i are watching a documentary on the world's water supply, specifically in places where it has been privatised. One of the stories involved coke and local farmers, and a shared water table, which was now empty. Despite the fact that it was in India, they understood that the best way to act against such injustice was to not buy coke in our own country.

Not the same perhaps, but what would an army do, if everyone refused to fight? An entire army full of cooks, medics, and prisoners ... conscientious objectors all. usa could have bombed Baghdad to death with medical supplies, and stationary, and food. Win the hearts and minds of the people?

However we spin it, consent is required, and given. Advances in death technology, and especially profits made therefrom, will never EVER advance the human race, in a direction any of us wish to go. At what point does usa become Egypt? It is this very thing they are protesting against, and this thing that opposes them in the streets. Many reports indicate the police are changing sides, they have families too. That's what it takes, but the Egyptians have a lot less to lose than well paid chemists and engineers in the usa. That's where the teargas is made, you know? That's being used right now in Cairo ...

peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

unfortunately, you still need a military, even if you don't use it or don't use it wisely, or use it aggressively. i know you're quoting yeshua (and i'm a christian, and definitely a conscientious objecter), it is an unavoidable reality that the rulers (and whatever is driving them) will continue to need or abuse their military machines. it's a love-hate thing. sort of like the concept of the cold war stand off between russia and the usa, in which the specter of annihilation kept the opponents in line (although i seriously question how much of a real threat they were posing too each other, as they seem to have alot of similarities when the dust clears).

i'm thinking this entire thing is driven by (here comes the conspiracy theory) extra-terrestrials, whose planet this is (real estate wise, ya know, galactic real estate), and to keep it from being over populated, they encourage war, abortion and things like the one child policy, euthanasia and religious beliefs that the baby producers (the women) are bad at some spiritual level. so men get killed in war. baby producers get killed at birth (Female fetuses/infants) etc. the human (?) power structures go along with it, because it has the added benefit of allowing them to gain material wealth, more power, and protection from annihilation. of course, that doesn't mean other things aren't in play, even mundane things, but the big picture suggests there's more going on than we think.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I wasn't quoting anyone, intentionally, but that sounds like a compliment, thank you

It was azazel taught men the art of war. No, no military. Just more maturity, at grass roots level. We have such messed up conceptions of normal ... we buy our kids toy guns, and allow violent movies!! No, not normal. All cultures have a violent side, but how long can we call ourselves civilised and still perpetuate the madness of war?

Conspiracy? For sure. Hidden? Not so much. Depends i guess on how big your picture is, and how sure you are of it. It's earth ... and aliens ... and us. The aliens are long known to us, since before us even, they're as much stuck here as we are. The rules are the same though, consent, although trickery is fair.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I wasn't quoting anyone, intentionally, but that sounds like a compliment, thank you

It was azazel taught men the art of war. No, no military. Just more maturity, at grass roots level. We have such messed up conceptions of normal ... we buy our kids toy guns, and allow violent movies!! No, not normal. All cultures have a violent side, but how long can we call ourselves civilised and still perpetuate the madness of war?

Conspiracy? For sure. Hidden? Not so much. Depends i guess on how big your picture is, and how sure you are of it. It's earth ... and aliens ... and us. The aliens are long known to us, since before us even, they're as much stuck here as we are. The rules are the same though, consent, although trickery is fair.

i'm not one of those people that believe generational curses are still relevant. so the idea that people in one's family are guilty for what you do, or people in one's government can pass their guilt down to you, just sounds like an easy way to manipulate the unfortunate situation we find ourselves in as a species, to the advantage of people who have this like unending need to have more more more more and more power, and did i mention more power? i dunno what mechanism drives people to want to have that much power. to say god or al'lah or jesus suggests that, doesn't sound right to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon - I am a military type and I am also "We The People" too - I am still part of the human collective and I worry about chem and bio hazards on a personal level that you will never understand. I do not think this is chicken little at all - as a matter of fact I understand that a lockdown of this nature for so long was not just a missing tool incident or situtation normal.

Military types are also concerned. We are vast in number and diverse. Some even vote for democrats! We are all colors, and a lot of shapes despite physical fitness requirements. We are straight and we are gay. We worship or don't worship a variety of Gods and dieties. We are high school drop outs and Ivy League educated. We are all these things, and we have families that live in the world too. Nobody to include 99% of the troops enjoy War. We serve for a variety of reasons, and are far from a brain washed subculture. Don't be so ugly.
edit on 27-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

Good post.
Include myself. I do it for everyone else. Service to others.
And I would never follow any order which conflicts with my morals or ethical code.
The citizens come first.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
wow this is the thread that keeps on going, so now there is going to be something happening at the superbowl ?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Generational curses aside, if i leave a polluted environment, my children will inherit it.

God has nothing to do with our choices. His decision ... if you believe in ... any of that?

Freewill vs Determinism. Another convo perhaps?

Our species is badly screwed, and we're not changing anything so far as i can see, certainly none for the better. Yes it's broken, but i doubt anything we could ever have dreamed could be as beautiful as Earth was, when new. Whose fault is it? We're the dominant species round here. Our fault, because we're stupid. I'm not stupid enough to mess around with VX nerve gas, but apparently many are

edit on 28-1-2011 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Generational curses aside, if i leave a polluted environment, my children will inherit it.

we pay natural consequences for our actions. but there are some who think we should pay consequences for the actions of our ancestors or our government or even our significant others, which i'm thinking is a pile of stinky brown stuff. if we're gonna start tossing around curses, let's take a real close look at how much more violence is perpetrated by men than women and ask ourselves if we honestly want to blame entire groups of people based on the actions of some people. personally, i like/love the men in my life. but i am certainly not responsible for their actions any more than they are responsible for mine. we each go before the judgement by ourselves. and although other people's actions may be called into remembrance as regards our actions, they are inevitably not going to be ultimately responsible unless we are missing a few marbles.

it reminds me of how often people are blamed for being crazy. a crazy person is not holding all their cards. the elevator doesn't go to the top floor. it's like saying you're responsible for being born with freckles or a propensity to stutter or one leg shorter than the other. your ancestor may have been subjected to some pollutant that caused it. is it your ancestor's fault if they didn't make the pollutant in the first place and may have had no control over the pollutant?

there are alot of jobs in the military that don't require any violence whatsoever, not even the need to have a gun or use it, or fly a plane, or operate an explosive device. medical people come to mind, as does the clergy. and as you mentioned, cooks, file clerks, and glorified secretaries. in fact, most people in the military have nothing to do with the use of weapons of ANY kind.

i realize you're expressing your desire for an ideal planet, and really, most people want the same thing, but your ideal may not match someone else's and that's where the problems arise.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So THAT'S how double posts happen.
edit on 28-1-2011 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

True. An ideal.

peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That says the production and stockpiling of it was outlawed in 1993, that's doesn't account for previous production and stockpiling of it though....

Jaden

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Whoa!!!!

Just finished getting caught up (again) in this thread and am watching a local Salt Lake Talk show on TV. Something one of the hosts just stated, seriously gave me chills!!!!!!!!

He mentioned that NORMALLY, the Superbowl would be THIS weekend. But they extended it a week to "push the hype and gain more attention."

Ummmmmmmmmm... the Superbowl is something that DOES NOT need more hype. It is the biggest sporting event in our country!!!!!!!!

So as you can imagine... after reading the posts in the last 24 hours regarding EPA planes over the Metroplex of Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington and the Superbowl being in Arlington this year... my hackles are up and my gut is screaming out to me. THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!!

Lockdown at Dugway... missing nerve agent that is supposedely located and accounted for... 2 suspicious packages in 2 days in the Metroplex area where the Superbowl is happening, now being reported as nothing. Ummm... something isn't right with any of this. And the extension of one week moving it to February 6th.

Seriously... what's going on?!?!?!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ok... just found this information in another thread here on ATS.

Strange lights in the sky over Utah County DURING THE LOCKDOWN AT DUGWAY!!!

Here is the thread:

ATS Thread

And here is the direct link to the story from the local news station here in Utah that covered it:

Strange Lights In Sky

I might need to step away from the computer for a few minutes and try and breathe! LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join