It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 rise from dead in brazil floods

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tollon

Wonder what the pope has to say about that?

Have you taken a close look at the pope??? Im convinced the HE is a zombie.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

There is also a book "10 days dead" that tells a story of a faith healer coming to a boy that had fell into a well in Mexico. After being dead 10 days the boys was raised. This ordeal was later proved to be a hoax but did the guy that wrote the book give the money back that he made from it....NOPE!! Jesus demonstrated his struggle to raise Lazorus from the dead...he also had contempt for profiteers of Faith. Any person of faith can ask a body to raise from the dead. But is the motive to bring the life back to end suffering OR as in the case of Lazorus the prove to the on lookers that Jesus waited to show up for the event, prove the power of God and his Glory...I dont doubt the power of God for a moment,I doubt the story in its entirety.
edit on 24-1-2011 by mike184ever because: the name of the book it was "10 days dead"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by Tollon

Wonder what the pope has to say about that?

Have you taken a close look at the pope??? Im convinced the HE is a zombie.

That was just hilarious. I'm at work and I can't stop laughing out loud after reading that post. People around here look at me like I'm crazy. That was one well timed joke. Thanks for making my night better!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is no holy miracle, or act of god, or zombie plague. Occam's Razor would dictate that the simplest explanation for this would be a combination of emergency triage and treatment protocols (rapid response, minimal examination, quick treatment) and a comatose state resulting from extremely low blood oxygenation levels. These people were likely in a deep comatose state, from which they recovered over the days in the morgue. They could possibly be brain-damaged, and are likely in a severe state of dehydration. This assuming the story is true, of course.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

A star for this voice of reason! Short and to the point, the most likely explanation emerges.

Here here!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I got really excited when I read this, and I had hoped it would be true, but for now, all efforts to verify it have proven it to be a hoax.

1. All searches for the article in archives of O Diario come up empty.

2. The ONLY result for the article name is directly linked to Healing Herald, which is the source of the "original" download.

3. And this is the sad part....Healing Herald appears to be in cahoots with the Bethel Church in which these missionaries are from. If you click on the links to go to their website(s), either the main one or the Bethel TV site, you will find that you cannot search or view anything until you pay them money. This doesn't necessarily dictate a hoax, however, until someone comes forward with more information, it's looking more like a publicity stunt to increase donations to Bethel's organization.

I'm just as disappointed, trust me...I hope someone finds out something to the contrary.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I can't find anything when I search in Portuguese aside for a blog with the same info the OP gave. I call BS on this.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Actually the simplest explanation is that God brought them back to life with magic/miracles. How could an explanation for anything be simpler than that? Bringing doctors and their fancy schmancy medicalist carry-on, into all of this is only complicating matters.It was magic and God did it, the Roman Catholic God, that is, not that one all the terrorists love or the fat one you see in Asia.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm from Brazil and dont heard anything ....
My family are protestants and if such thing happened, they must been on my ears blessing the God and trying to convince me to go to the church... None of then are here so ... not this time Lazarus come ...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Sounds like a couple priest's bank accounts were running dry.

Jesus will saveth thee for $7.95, plus taxes! Discounts to those who have children!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I bet this is true. Through all of the NDE's i've researched, there are plenty of people who have been dead for about a week and come back to life. That shows you right there, along with alot of other proof, that some sort of afterlife realm we don't understand exists after death. We're eternal. It just doesn't make sense, when people have been dead for days, officially dead, and come back to life. Like I stated in one of my other post's, I remember reading about a man who was dead for over 5 or 6 days, came back to life on an autopsy table right when it was about to be performed, and said the "light" sent him back. Very mysterious stuff, considering the fact the guy was DEAD. Why would he come back to life and in that moment declare something false to gain some sort of fame? There are plenty in the world who have experienced this, I remember as a kid meeting a guy who told me about his, when he truly died but was brought back to life.

There's things out there the human race will never be able to fully comprehend, not through science or anything else but the spiritual conscious. Just my opinions though, through research in different areas.
edit on 24-1-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm that the victims are eatting flesh? Or that they can be killed with a heavy blow or gunshot to the head?

I'm just wondering in my underground bunker.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
This is no holy miracle, or act of god, or zombie plague. Occam's Razor would dictate that the simplest explanation for this would be a combination of emergency triage and treatment protocols (rapid response, minimal examination, quick treatment) and a comatose state resulting from extremely low blood oxygenation levels. These people were likely in a deep comatose state, from which they recovered over the days in the morgue. They could possibly be brain-damaged, and are likely in a severe state of dehydration. This assuming the story is true, of course.

K i'll give you one thing, you sound smart, until one really thinks about what you just said...

first, laying under a blanket on the ground for 3 days doesnt sound like "a combination of emergency triage and treatment protocols (rapid response, minimal examination, quick treatment)"

second, their families wouldn't just assume that they are dead, they would do whatever they could to know they are still alive, and people in a coma still have a pulse and breath. as faint as that pulse and breath may be, they would still be detectable.

third (and most ridiculous of all), there's a group of 5 people in comas laying next to each other, a group comes up and says "Get up and walk in the name of Jesus". But they said it perfectly timed with when these people woke up from their comas by their own means of strength.

Man you're a thinker...

Now im not saying the story is true because i wasn't there and there is little evidence. But dont doubt the story either, God works in crazy and unexplainable ways, whether its publisized or not.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hello, all

First post here at ATS. I was drawn here by the account of alleged resurrections in Brazil. A co-worker of mine enthusiastically endorsed the truth of the account yesterday at work, so I started digging myself.

As some of you have mentioned, iBethel and Healing Herald have provided disclaimers stating that the story is now under investigation.

I've also found this link from a Christian woman's blog, "The Journey Project". Thought it might add to the discussion:

thejourneyproject.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
and to all you saying-
"Thats BS, why would God save those 16 people and let everyone in Haiti die?!?!?"

Who do you think you are, that you can judge God's plan?? Are you all seeing and all knowing, and know whats best for mankind, i think not...

God knows exactly what He's doing, just sit back and enjoy the journy He has in store for you, and all will be fine.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by readmedotexe

welcome to ATS, lots of good stuff here, as well as some not so good stuff.

Sry cant view your link, its blocked on my network.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Perhaps god doesn't want you to see! :-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by readmedotexe

That helps a lot!

Thank you for the link!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Probably because some people believe in the God of the Hebrews, who can easily do such things.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Probably because some people believe in the God of the Hebrews, who can easily do such things.

He can? And that's a miracle?

Wouldn't it be more of a miracle if he prevented the 600+ people from being killed in the first place? Or maybe bringing them ALL back to life?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join