It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting down a UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

Makes you wonder how they just crash.

Yeah,it does make me wonder.

Are you telling me that aliens have the technology allowing them to travel universe as they please yet when they hit earth they just drop out of the sky?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Shooting down an alien craft with any weapon a basic civilian can acquire, probably impossible. Shooting down an alien craft with somthing the military has, probably done already and most likely possible being the weapons of today are so much more impressive then what they had during the 1942 L.A. incident.

But, killing an alien being that was 'not inside' any craft and with a weapon acquired by a common citizen (gun, knife ect.), highly possible in my opinion. If said alien was any bit hostile towards me or another human being and I had the chance to kill it, I probably would with out hesitation. I think every person who claims they were abducted and tortured would also want a little 'pay back' if they had the chance, I know I would.

I don't think shooting at an alien craft would start a galactic war. Alien's in my opinion probably expect human's to react in such a manner because of the fear of the unknown and would understand our reactions, hence why they hide from us, (the general public), so much. Besides I believe TPTB already communicate with ET's and have been for quite awhile. I think alien's know that the ones with the 'real harmful weapons' are no longer trying to shoot at them unless they show to much hostility.

When a real nasty race of alien's show up at earth and have that 'we don't care what you human's think we are here to take over' atitude we all might just change our 'make love, not war' way of thinking.

2c,
Bzzzzzzz
edit on 1/22/2011 by BuzzingOn because: more typos I care to acknowledge

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just don;t get why people think we are SO far away technologically from anything else out there....

Maybe most people just DON'T GET that we are extremely close to a new series of technological breakthroughs that could ANY DAY NOW make physically travelling from one place to another obsolete. They could very well have also skipped some steps we have taken. Or be using their equivelant of modded LEAR JETS for their Interstellar X prize competition to get here (Note: for those that don't know one of the space x prize competitors is modifying Lear Jets to go into space)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
I just don;t get why people think we are SO far away technologically from anything else out there....

Even if we were able to develop something that would allow us to travel great distances, we still haven't developed the ESP abilities that they greys allegedly have. And how do they make babies without a verjana!? Must be produced in a lab!

This is what happened when I got my first UFO out of the sky. No weapons needed; I simply threatened it so hard it dropped out of the sky like a rock!

On a serious note, has anyone ever found out what that video actually was?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Dont know if posted yet, but havent the patience tonight to read through any further.....
Wilbert Smith carried a piece of a UFO that was shot away from it by .50 cal machingun fire.
The UFO was one of those small remote jobs about 2-3 ft diameter, and a pilot in a P51 mustang took a whack at dogfighting this thing.
He saw something shiny metalic fall away from the little devil as he fired a long burst at it, sort of like a hail mary pass.
Going back on the ground, to the scene of the aireal joust, he was lucky twice, and managed to find the jagged chunk of metal.
Many witnesses have seen this piece back then.
This is the only instance i am aware of where a UFO was actually shot and damaged(though not downed) by aireal gunfire.
I asume that it was possible because the scout disk was not equipped with a full spectrum array of the ET technology.
More likely it was a remote drone
The Kentucky family who shot at several ETs said bullets had little effect on them.
I believe that we have tried many more times than we imagine.
During the fifties and sixties, we know a period of that was covered by a shoot on sight order.
Staunton Friedman, UFO researcher and FOIA expert by now, has intimated over four hundred aircraft were lost in attempting to bring one down.
There definately were russian attempts as well....some of these have been already documented.
From what i have read somewhere, an anti aircraft missle unit in germany, got a lucky nike missle into a UFO at almost point blank range, and brought it down during an exercise of nato.
The tale of the powerful radars being responsible for the two saucers crashing near roswell, is also a good possibility, though id rather we could get some physicist to explain how powerful radars screw up antigravity, or anti magnetic propulsion(against the earths magnetic field)

I dont question the possibility, just need clarification....
Thailand, has also opened fire on UFOs, as i recall, the chief airmarshall has stated thus.
how successful they were, i cannot say.I think the Congo too has shot at one....
There have been other incidents you can be sure, just what the outcomes mostly were, we can only speculate, but i am sure the score is in favour of the visitors.....
edit on 23-1-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

I've asked that question for years. the best answer I've heard is it's related to instability of a EMP driven vehicle navigated at low speeds and altitudes. Seems to jive with model experiments of magnetic propulsion conducted in a lab.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't think it would be a good idea to shoot at a UFO, simply because, what goes around comes around. You try to shoot someone/something down and one day something/someone will try to shoot you down.

Peace 2 all

edit on 23-1-2011 by Hazz-14 because: edit

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Why would we wanna shoot a ufo in the first place?

The only reason i can think of because humans think they are superior so basically they are just scared
and afraid ,fear is a bad guideline.

If there are ET wanna to destroy us they already would have done it.

They dont have to attack us because mankind is capable enough of destroying everyone and anything for a nickle and a dim.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The key to the universe is love.
Not war.

Peace 2 all

edit on 23-1-2011 by Hazz-14 because: edit

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie

Maybe most people just DON'T GET that we are extremely close to a new series of technological breakthroughs that could ANY DAY NOW make physically travelling from one place to another obsolete.

I think I'm one of those that don't get. Can you elaborate on that?

About that, there's a recent article (quite technical) about interstellar travels feasibility:

arxiv.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Segfault Bug

I think that more of us ought to consider the possibility with UFOs that maybe "they is us". In other words that really these objects are routine activities of the US and maybe other governments, and nobody wants to talk about it. I recently read the novel "A Disruptive Invention" adisruptiveinvention.com... which describes in amazing detail how a UFO was built, and then the whole project was tucked away and developed secretly in the Redstone Arsenal in the USA, followed by testing in area 51. If you read this novel in which UFO technology is created, you can also readily see why nobody wants to talk about it. The novel is so realistic that it leaves you wondering if this already happened. .....Ufofan

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
1942 Battle of Los Angeles
Apparently the military had seen and shot at a UFO here is the video.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Typical human attitude. If I don't like the look of something "SHOOT IT!!"

With regards to weapons I highly doubt that if they are capable of intergalactic/ftl/wormhole travel they would not have sufficient shielding.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Is this all some sort of antic to promote the new Battle for LA film due out next month?

Certainly seems like it is as the official viral site allows you to view weapons etc etc..

ATS would be an excellent place to start a viral stunt.

More on topic, if we are to believe evidence we have tried to shoot these craft down in the past, depending on whose story you like we either did it or failed. It's not without issue that we certainly have fired at unidentified craft in the past but purely under the notion that there were another countries either spying or acting incorrectly.

I doubt very much if that we were seeing a craft doing incredible moves and a mile wide that anyone would sanction firing at it immediately, that would be just illogical and if our worst fears were correct then it would also be deadly. I really can't imagine that a commander would jump into the gung ho Independence day entertainment scenario and risk declaring war on a craft or unknown might.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well we shouldn't really be shooting at things in the sky, especially unidentified things, because in all fairness it'll probably just turn out to be an aeroplane with people in it. BUT if I had to pick one then my weapon of choice would be the Rail gun. Probably the only thing on this planet fast enough to get near enough.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i would use an imploding emp missile, this way their sitting duxs

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Spinster

If we are the equivalent of ' a puppy growing teeth ' then what chance do you think the puppy would have against the full might of the US military in a battle for supremacy?

ET could wipe us out without getting up from his human skinned hammock at his beach house on Percy I 8 and still be home in time for the latest episode of Futurama and we wouldn't even know who or what hit us as our atoms vaporised at twice the speed of silly.

Seen it happen a gazillion times buddy.

ET v Earth = away win

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Typical human attitude. If I don't like the look of something "SHOOT IT!!"

I think you mean typical military attitude. Or maybe you're an American, where shooting things is a given right. Thankfully the majority of other developed countries don't allow guns and so "shoot it!" wouldn't really be the first thing on people's minds.

It's pretty obvious you're just not going to get a chance to shoot down a UFO, it's been tried, it's failed every time. We just have to wait for them to fall - and hope that you're in the right place at the right time to scour the evidence before the military arrive. And shoot you!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Shooting at the UFO is just not going to work. There is no way any civilian weapon is going to do anything to it. However, the aliens themselves might be much easer to kill. No aliens = no one to keep you from entering the UFO and doing anything you want. Of course, there is probably automated defenses and the like.

For all those that think aliens are the good guys, stop right now. Aliens have tested, killed, implanted, and ruined the lives of many people.

If a full scale invasion started, heres what I would do:

Make a grenade using termite and ice. This stuff is nasty, and the super hot fire cannot be put out. It works underwater, in space, ect. The outer shell of the grenade would be your good old fashion flash grenade. Aliens have big eyes, big eyes and flash grenades do not go well together.

I would find a nice little UFO, and walk up to it. If they take the bait, and either come outside, or take me inside, they are dead. 20 second explosion delay, with the flash going off in 5 seconds.

Try to keep one of the aliens alive.

Take your alien hostage, chain it up very well, and put it somewhere far away from the ship with armed guards.

Put a big fat bomb on the ship. I mean big. Place it near the reactor, or whatever powers the thing. Set it to explode when it detects a drop in radiation comming from the reactor, with a thirty minute delay.

Damage the outside of the ship the best you can, then let the alien go back to its ship.

Run.

The alien takes the damaged ship back to where it goes to be repaired. Once landing in the "mother ship", it will naturally power down, and by doing so will set off the bomb, which will set off its reactor, and by-by mother ship.

We could then detected the explosive signature, if it were close to earth.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The Thomas Mantell case comes to mind when I read your thread. This pilot lost his life chasing after a UFO. There's been other documented cases that indicate the military has actively pursed shooting down UFOs, Some resulting in downed aircraft, disabling the planes missile mechanism (incident involving an Iranian pilot), shutdown of engines and total loss of plane and pilot. Whether all the incidents are true are a matter of opinion. Proof of anything related to UFO's is based upon its source.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join