It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting down a UFO?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive...Insert C-4 inside of cow...

That's what I call abominable!

As the rest of the responses show, whether or not a UFO can be shot down depends on who you want to believe. Some say we can't, some say we have.

Personally, I wouldn't shoot at one. I certainly wouldn't like it if they shot at me, so why would I shoot at them?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow some of the responses here are a little surprising. An advanced 'rail gun' being the best weapon available, or UFOs may well not be advanced technology. Hmmm

Anyway, if you assume UFOs are intelligent entities then they will almost certainly be smarter than us. Like a supercomputer during a game of chess they have already thought about most possible moves far in advance of you.
However nothing is infallible or invincible, if you wanted to shoot down a UFO you would have to use what they would think as an unlikely method to increase your chances.
Logic would tell us that advanced lasers would be an obvious choice as the weapon transmits at the speed of light. You would sweep the sky with multiple laser and box the UFO into an area. An EMP blast could acheive similar results. There methods would probably at most damage or put the UFO into defensive mode or force it into a certain configuration. Of course they have probably thought of a lot of this before you have. So then you would have to come in with a low tech attack method that they hadn't really counted on or they had ranked low on probability and they wouldn't have sensors attuned to (their sensors must be far more advanced than ours if you think about it).

Anyway.. shooting down a UFO is kind of senseless.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufofan
reply to post by Segfault Bug

I think that more of us ought to consider the possibility with UFOs that maybe "they is us". In other words that really these objects are routine activities of the US and maybe other governments, and nobody wants to talk about it. I recently read the novel "A Disruptive Invention" adisruptiveinvention.com... which describes in amazing detail how a UFO was built, and then the whole project was tucked away and developed secretly in the Redstone Arsenal in the USA, followed by testing in area 51. If you read this novel in which UFO technology is created, you can also readily see why nobody wants to talk about it. The novel is so realistic that it leaves you wondering if this already happened. .....Ufofan

Oh yeah, that's a possibility, to me that makes a lot of sense. But there have been sighting reports in countries where I don't think they'd have resources to developed these kind of crafts. And if those UFOs are from other coutnries, like US, then it would be "common" air space invasion and I'm surprised they are not being shot at.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
Why hasn't anyone tried to shoot down a UFO yet?

How do you know no one has tried?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

I don't.That's why I'm asking if someone has tried to shoot one down

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

hmmm...let's see...

there's a lot happening in the universe and solar system.....all the apocalyptic happenings.....I think advanced civilizations aka aliens would easily be able to throw a few electromagnetic bending spanners in the works if desired....and given the abuse of aliens and alien power by certain members of humanity, I think, for the sake of the rest of the universe, re-evaluate life on earth, humans aren't so important!

way to go aliens!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Be afraid everyone, be very afaid.... if we don't fight them up there we will have to fight them down here.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What about the Battle OF Los Angeles?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slan1
Be afraid everyone, be very afaid.... if we don't fight them up there we will have to fight them down here.

fighting because?.......aliens are superior?

humanity's problems are that they need to know when to back down as the lesser force....humanity can't fight universal laws and forces.

Face it, if aliens want to destroy humanity, it is probably because they have to, for the sake of the rest of the solar system, universe and advanced civilizations, and are most likely able to do it without humanity even realising.

humanity behaving like animals with gained technological powers, which they have demonstrated a complete lack of intelligence on how to use, essentially abusing their own kind, other advanced civilizations and the earth and it's atmosphere and natural resources is not a universally acceptable principle.

Natural laws of maths and physics even prove that fighting a greater force will lead to the destruction of humanity, yet the greed and evil corruption perpetrated by such ignorance has only led to depletion of this planet and it's resources, now even to it's protective atmosphere.

If humanity cannot act responsibly then they do not deserve to exist in their current form.
edit on 23-1-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yeh,was mentioned previously.Pretty cool.Knew someone had to try and shoot down a flying saucer.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Its simply not true that terran forces have never fired on a UFO, its just rare, since the only times it has occured (Im sure theres references out there but Im busy right now... check ATS search) has either had no effect , or had undesired effects, like systems on board craft randomly shutting down until the object had effected an escape.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Natural laws of math?not sure I follow u.

But true.We are curious little creatures.Though,aliens don't land.They just hang around in the sky creeping people out so obviously someone had to shoot them down to find out whats on the inside.Don't think it was out of xenophobia or something but because of curiousity.

But as the saying goes...curiousity killed the cat,ey?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yes,I few links and vids have been posted in this thread about the military trying to shoot down UFOs.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is a link to NUFORC report of a guy trying to shoot one off the CA coast, pretty weird:

National UFO Reporting Center report

Dovetails with some other reports that claim the triangles are of earthly origin,

As far as a common sense approach to shooting at a UFO, old wisdom when being trained to shoot:

Don't Shoot at something unless you know EXACTLY what it is.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

name a mathematical law and it probably has the same principle.....

energy continuance, action / reaction, electromagnetics, Newton, Keplar.....

basically if:

universal laws and forces (electromagnetics, physical, chemical etc) = x
electromagnetic field (for example) = a
humanity = b

b relies on a
a is part of x
disturbance at a level affects x
x is greater than a and b
b purposely negatively affects a (this act = z)
x being the greater force reacts to destruction of a
x reaction is greater than negative impact of z
b cannot exert greater froce than x
b cannot withstand the force of x
x reaction is destructive to b

it seems you may be making presumptions about the nature and behaviour of aliens, if there are alien visitations to earth there are most likely alien bases and indeed landings, assimilation, intelligence gathering (both sides), manipulation (root word is man - not for nothing), and many potential scanarios.

given that intergalactic / interstellar / interdimensional beings (aliens) are far advanced then it is very likely that humans would be completely unaware of any 'alien' attack and will be completely defenceless against any attack.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

the aliens shot first... we are just trying to use rational diplomacy to establish communications with these beings who are not actually from another world, but they already have been here, they live deep inside their fortified and lavish bunkers with all kinds of hi-tech gadgetry.

there is no question who fired the first shot imo...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

how many men, especially the egotistical sort that run governments, are able to keep to ''rational diplomacy''?

most of these guys got their jobs from ass kissing and the fact they are easily led salesmen...certainly wasn't for their ethical values and intelligence.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The alien fallen angel/messenger/demons will be coming down and out soon.They been here a while any way here in US ;can u say Dulce book .book of Enoch ,look that up ...nephilim which are the locusts of Revelation...
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I don't know, I only work on their crafts... I am gaining knowledge of their craft so I may better understand what makes them tick. I do not even know if they have a heart like our, maybe there is another little dude inside them ?

I don't "believe" in the aliens in anyway though...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Here's the first documented (publicly verifiable) attempt we made at taking a UFO down...

CHECK IT OUT!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

More in link below.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join