It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derell Sims?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A few nights ago on the Colbert report they had an interview with a man who called himself an alien hunter, Derell Sims. He claimed his interest in UFOs was spurred by alien abductions in his child hood, however his abduction claims were different from standard UFO faire.

For instance, in common abduction stories, the aliens usually are said to pass right through doors, walls, windows, etc.

Sims claims that the so called aliens broke door knobs, smashed in doors, broke through glass in order to get to him.

Secondly, most UFO abductees claim the aliens don't display over hostility toward them, yet Sims
claimed he was manhandled, thrown against things, and even hit by his captors...

So, has anyone heard of Derell Sims before? and if so has anyone else ever heard of a case wherein the person claiming abduction reports such overt hostility and a penchant for destruction?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

A few nights ago on the Colbert report.....

You can pretty much stop right about there. Seriously though, I have heard of violent encounters, I couldn't tell you the place, date, or names of people involved, but a really crappy movie called "Fire in the sky" was made loosely on the event. Man was abducted, beaten, essentially tortured, and left naked miles in the woods several days later.

So he says.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishybongwaters
reply to post by NavalFC

You can pretty much stop right about there. Seriously though, I have heard of violent encounters, I couldn't tell you the place, date, or names of people involved, but a really crappy movie called "Fire in the sky" was made loosely on the event. Man was abducted, beaten, essentially tortured, and left naked miles in the woods several days later.

So he says.

Eh? I dont recall walton claiming to be beat, and in the fire in the sky movie they dont beat him..he gets dragged though a hall and placed on a table according to the movie.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Perhaps it was Stephen's financial advisor Gorlock just having some fun...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/401347e91cbd.jpg[/atsimg]
The guy looks shifty for a grey

Anyhow, Derrel Sim is just another book peddler in the field, wanting to make a buck off the gullible.
And here is his smoking gun evidence to his claims

Aliens...their implants can be defeated by a magnet.

Anyhow, yep...I would put him on the same level as meyers...no, actually, that is a insult to Billy. at least Billy gave us dreams of hot pleadian chicks wanting to take us for a spin around the galaxy.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

So he says.

That guy (Travis Walton) is actually part of ATS, but he hasn't posted in quite sometime.
He came here and discussed some things with the peeps here.
There are tons of threads on it, the earlier ones he weighs in on to clarify some bits of the book and movie.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The guy looks shifty for a grey

Anyhow, Derrel Sim is just another book peddler in the field, wanting to make a buck off the gullible.
And here is his smoking gun evidence to his claims
Aliens...their implants can be defeated by a magnet.
Hmmm I don't have any magnets handy so I better go get some!
Actually he looks more green than gray.

I don't find Sims too credible, but I'll bet Colbert had some fun with him. I didn't see that show, I only see Colbert a few times a month.

Originally posted by SaturnFX
That guy (Travis Walton) is actually part of ATS, but he hasn't posted in quite sometime.
He came here and discussed some things with the peeps here.
It hasn't been that long ago, only about 3 months ago, on a thread about how he was "exposed" on a game show:

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

He must have created a new profile because the profile he used for that thread only has 15 posts all in that thread? www.abovetopsecret.com...

He also was featured in an ATS live interview:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

So, has anyone heard of Derell Sims before?

yes, i actually used to think user "southpaw11" was Derell sims. Sothpaw11 made a few alien abduction threads on ATS but always seemed to mention derell sims. Someone commented in one of those threads "jeez every post you make sounds like an infomercial for derrel sims"

I think southpaw11 claimed he was using Sims as a consultant but i was suspicious it was sims trying to drum up some business or raise his profile in the ufo community.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
07 and the best we can do to see inside a finger is probe it with a magnet?
If it cant be x-rayd or scanned, cut that bitch open and lets see whats what!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

So he says.

Your statement is unclear is some part. Perhaps you have your wires crossed. Fire in the Sky was a movie about the Travis Walton case and not Sims. In addition, Walton seems to have accepted my interpretation to him of the event as differently hypothesised by him and others at the time and held for some time later.

While you can call the Walton case a "vicious" abduction, it was anything but. It became a mercy mission. Basically, Walton was silly enough to walk immediately under the craft hovering only about 40 feet off the ground. A alarm noise sounded and seconds later a blast knocked him backward--so said his three watching friends. They took off in the truck and returned later to not find Walton. Walton later appeared several days later feeling like he had been hit by a truck, but alive. I won't argue the case with you, but my interpretation of the initial scene is more humane than a simple "vicious" abduction attack which, needs to be seriously considered as "vicious abdduction" cases are rather rare.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

I listened to the Derrel Sims interview on Open Minds blogtalk radio (link here).

I have to say the guy is fantastic, epic and awesome! He's like Chuck Norris crossed with Yoda and Blade. I could listen to those stories all day and plan to get a few more interviews with him. The guy's been in the CIA, Special Forces, battled aliens with his sword and travels the world on the request of governments. He even gets asked by medical MDs for advice on how to do their job.

Some Hollywood guys need to do a fly on the wall doco with him. It'd be car-crash TV. I honestly don't care if he makes up every single word of his stories.

He talks about his mate Dale and had me laughing my ass off. 'Dale says to me, he says Derrel, I don't believe that woman's story. She isn't being followed by the alien. I said to Dale, Dale just watch and see.'

Later on, they have a car chase after this alien and the alien gets away at the stop-sign. It's hiding in the back seat of the car and looks out the rear window as it speeds away. I was laughing so hard at this part

So Derrel's right and Dale apologises. 'Dale says to me, he says Derrel, Derrel, I'm so sorry and I shoulda trusted you. You were right Derrel. I said to Dale, Dale, I don't care if you think I was right, I don't care what anyone thinks. I have to do what I have to do.'

I give this interview 11 out of 10. Car chases, swords and aliens!

top topics

join