It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange surveillance towers in Chesapeake, VA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
OP, I noticed them too. They suddenly started popping up around town out of the blue. Need to post better pictures though. Your pictures aren't really showing the short little stubby antennas attached. Never seen anything like it before. What are the antennas for? I put two and two together and surmised that it may simply be some form of wireless technology to control street lights and motorist alert signs, etc. I think these strange looking mysterious antennas are also attached to the motorist signs you see on the side of the road that are there to alert drivers to upcoming traffic delays and bridge openings, so I'm thinking it's merely a high tech way for them to wirelessly transmit messages to the signs for motorists to read while they are driving. And the other ones at street corners are to control traffic lights for emergency vehicles.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarist

just wondering if the cam's are at major intersection or on back streets the one taken in the is that in a shopping mall? knowing the location will tell one the purpose of them.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The ones in the pics are on city streets. That's where they all are. They very well could be DOT cameras, however for one I've never seen any paperwork with funding for this. And two this is the only city that has installed this system.

So I'm a little skeptical of DOT cameras, considering that, and on the case of light changers, it could be possible?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

i found this www.511va.org it is a web based video link for DOT of VA 166 I64 and I26 are covered with cams. i do not know the roads you refer too, if you give me the names i would be glade to look them up and see if this part of the DOT program or police surveillance,

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yeah, as far as I know most of the I-64#s are covered with public feed cameras. The location of the camera in question is at the intersection of Taylor Road and Western Branch Blvd. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

well i have no clue the site just list the I's and State and yes US, but no street so this might be local police, for RED LIGHT runners, part of the "2012" DOT up grade the project ids to up grade street signs flow of traffic, light control for emergency vech, police, fire/rescue. we have them here in UT go in to SLC and every corner has one it seems like, parking lots street poles buildings traffic lights,well you get the idea , smile and wave that is what i do.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'm onto this topic a bit late, but here is what you have been seeing in Chesapeake. (Same brand, same system, etc.)

imagesensingca.com...

In the past year, the proliferation of these scanners throughout Chesapeake has increased exponentially. The "explanation" for their presence is benign, but their capabilities border on what might reasonably be considered intrusive.

You mention no record of related city council notes, and I admit I was unable to find anything either. DHS, perhaps?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

"If not already, I'm sure pretty soon they'll all probably be tied into the fusion centers to track everyones movements with license plate reading software. "

Many cruisers have been equipped with the LP scanners, and we have them installed on every on/off ramp in the area. For good or ill, the time of trees silently falling in the forest is quickly coming to an end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join