It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Gold and Silver are dropping ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wondering why demand is increasing, yet prices are dropping?

This is the last hurrah:

Buyers, who have legally contracted to take physical delivery of metals, are said to be accepting large, paper bribes to accept a cash settlement instead.

www.stockhouse.com...

We have reached the end of the line.

edit on 20-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: ch plummeting to dropping; added 1st sentence

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
How much have values gone down over the last few days, percentage wise? I mean, what constitutes a plummeting?

edit on 20-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
This is the last hurrah:

Buyers, who have legally contracted to take physical delivery of metals, are said to be accepting large, paper bribes to accept a cash settlement instead.

www.stockhouse.com...

We have reached the end of the line.

S & F
Some experts have been predicting this would happen. Just a matter of time.
There is no way I would ever accept "paper bullion" over the physical metal
if I was a big time investor.
edit on 20-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Good point. Plummeting was a bit harsh, though they have dropped quite a bit in the last week. I changed it to "dropping".

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Yes, it was only a matter of time. It's hard to say exactly when the manipulation will end. As the author points out:

Investors should not be troubled by this relatively minor level of uncertainty, as their strategy should be obvious: continue to accumulate precious metals until the bankers self-destruct. The longer we are forced to wait for our final pay-off/validation, the greater the reward for our patience.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You seem to know a lot about this kind of thing, GirlGenius. For the average Joe, is it a good idea to get a few thousand dollars worth of gold or silver rounds now while the price is dropping, for barter when TSHTF?

edit on 20-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Current price is $27.72 per oz.

It has dropped but the stock market has been doing well.

I think that the precious metals market is an indicator for how worried people are about their investments.

So, when things are bad, like real estate, or the value of the dollar, people invest in precious metals.

If the dollar stabilizes then the metals market will decline. If the dollar trends down vs other currencies the metals market will go up.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm gonna buy some silver next week. If the price goes down after that I'll buy more. With the printing of dollars it can only go up eventually. Thats my basic understanding anyways.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

www.goldprice.org... says that gold is down $16 today, just over 1% and silver is down about $1.25, around 4.25%. You can't read too much into that, though, as prices will obviously fluctuate greatly as the day goes on.

Over the last 30 days, silver is down 2% and gold 1.3%- this is slightly more alarming though, because apparently demand has only increased during this period, yet prices haven fallen. Considering how fast silver and gold were rising, then all of a sudden they start falling in value, even though demand is obviously still far, far greater than supply, seems a bit strange, indeed.

This whole thing is very sinister, good spot, O.P. These guys must be laughing, bribing people with monopoly money, of which they have basically a limitless supply of- let's just hope for the sake of the guys that accepted these bribes, that hyper-inflation doesn't come into play soon. Though I guess some would argue, they deserve it for being so greedy and short-sighted.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
omg, my shiny rocks are devaluing.

the gold scam is just that...a scam. Many powerful corporatists have hyperinflated the value to make a bunch of money, and yep, eventually it will bust. Watch as stock prices start increaseing..thats when you know to sell and sell quick.

shiny rocks is just as much pretend value as paper, stocks, credit, etc. its all done based on a agreement of pretend value.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
One of the great myths of our time is that gold is a hedge aginst the machination of the Federal Reserve and the evils of inflation. Gold prices are rather driven by inflation and are the machination of the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Push the price down, people will buy even more. It's a no win situation.

They've already started demonizing the gold and silver buyer, most notably Jared Loughner. Why?..........because they can't control it anymore. They can manipulate the price up or down, it doesn't matter. People are sucking it up like a Hoover.

Peace

link   

link   

Absolutely, I just shot an email off to my son-in-law.

I made my first PM purchase in 2006, right after I saw Aaron Russo's Freedom to Fascism. Silver, in particular, is a great investment.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
omg, my shiny rocks are devaluing.

the gold scam is just that...a scam. Many powerful corporatists have hyperinflated the value to make a bunch of money, and yep, eventually it will bust. Watch as stock prices start increaseing..thats when you know to sell and sell quick.

shiny rocks is just as much pretend value as paper, stocks, credit, etc. its all done based on a agreement of pretend value.

Ummm, no...try again.

Gold or rather precious metals are intrinsic. My intuition tells me somebody is sour they don't own any and would just instead criticize what they don't or can't afford to have.

But that's cool, you keep holding on to that precious fiat cash you have.

Remember kids, just buy the fu$#ing DIP!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Star for you. Not sure why though.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Silver, in particular, has great intrinsic value as not only a monetary metal but an industrial metal. I have the same amount of $ invested in both, but expect that gains will continue to be superior in silver holdings. Plus the ratio disparity. It's a fun metal to hold. Price drops never bother me

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
My intuition tells me somebody is sour they don't own any and would just instead criticize what they don't or can't afford to have.

I have about 100k oil paintings in storage. that is far more intrinsic than gold. do you have a warehouse with oil paintings? are you sour that you don't?

I put your shiny rocks against my art collection

Now...Here is the list of the top 10 most rare stones of earth...how much do you own?
PAINITE
SERENDIBITE
POUDRETTEITE
GRANDIDIERITE
JEREMEJEVITE
MAJORITE
TAAFFEITE
MUSGRAVITE
BENITOITE
and finally Diamonds

Gold is just a rock, and not even a very rare rock in comparison. Tell me why gold is super valued for its intrinsic nature and not something like, quartz. its not for availability..if rare = worth. then the above list would be far more sought after.

its a ploy..its a scam..but hey, what do I know...Goldline has told you its good, and Glen Beck (a product of goldline) has told you its good, therefore its good.

enjoy..I am sure corporate masters know better than you..just buy what they tell you to buy and don't question.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Are silver dollars a very good buy?
I reckon they are about 80% silver.
If a silver dollar is 26-27 grams minus 1/5th = roughly 20 grs pure silver,then they are worth about 20 $ each now...correct?
So, any silver dollar i can purchase for less than 20$ is a good investment?
I was thinking that with the gold bars filled with other metals and other scams(gold and silver plated commemoratives etc by such as the franklin mint that dont have a lot of precious metals in them,)
Perhaps silver coins would be a better guarantee of purity and consistency....
(or gold ones too) when one wants to sell later......

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Gold is just a rock.......

its a ploy..its a scam..

Then it's been a ploy and a scam since the beginning of human civilization.

Way to deal the Glenn Beck card BTW.
Sure you don't want to throw Alex Jones in for good measure?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join