It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

house repeals "health care"bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
245 to 189 The senate says "its not going anywhere..."

House repeals healthcare law
By Russell Berman - 01/19/11 05:54 PM ET

The House voted on Wednesday to repeal the sweeping healthcare law enacted last year, as Republicans made good on a central campaign pledge and laid down the first major policy marker of their new majority.

The party-line vote was 245-189, as three Democrats joined all 242 Republicans in supporting repeal.

thehill.com...

Not going to argue either way..I believe its dangerous and govt over stepping its bounds. There's too much hidden crap in there that shouldn't be there;But opinions are like "orifices"...Everybody has them.
edit on 19-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
repealing the bill is futile and is just for giggles obama will veto that in a heartbeat! sad but true

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Don't the republicans have more important things to do than stage gimmicks like this?

edit on 19-1-2011 by Whyhi because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Don't the republicans have more important things to do than stages gimmicks like this?

Obviously not, I watched the vote earlier, this is a joke and makes the republican party looks bad, they know they can't win and don't care about the American people.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just a dog and pony show watch them raise the debt cieling to 16-18-20 trillion dollars.
second line.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
repealing the bill is futile and is just for giggles obama will veto that in a heartbeat! sad but true

I heard today that the dems aren't even going to allow the issue to get to the Senate floor for a vote, so it won't even make it to the President's desk.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
While I do not want the universal health care bill
the republicans repealing this is a PIPE DREAM.
Not going to pass in the senate, not going to get pass Obama.
The only way to stop this is having citizens use the courts.
The people must sue their state because they are unconstitutionally
forcing people into health care. When you get enough people that
get legally exempt it will have to go to the supreme court.
If you have no one in the system the system will fail quick.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Excellent move for politically targeting any Senator that doesn't support the repeal.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Let me get this straight . . . ..
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care
plan we are forced to purchase and
fined if we don't.
Which purportedly covers at least
ten million more people,
without adding a single new doctor,
but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents,
written by a committee whose chairman
says he doesn't understand it,
passed by a Congress that didn't read it but
exempted themselves from it,

signed by a President who smokes,
with funding administered by a treasury chief who
didn't pay his taxes,
for which we'll be taxed for four years before any
benefits take effect,
by a government which has
already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare,
all to be over seen by a surgeon general
who is obese,
and financed by a country that's broke!!!

'What the hell could possibly go wrong

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

What you said...
I second...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
anyone know which 3 democrats voted against the health care bill? I don't even want to know because I will just get my hopes up that Kucinich came back to reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by robinmorningstar

Originally posted by matrix12

I heard today that the dems aren't even going to allow the issue to get to the Senate floor for a vote, so it won't even make it to the President's desk.

Well, since it's the House that initiates the spending bills, will it matter if it even reaches the President's desk? What good will Obamacare be, without the funds? I think this is the start of a very long dead-lock, or stale-mate.

Meanwhile, the insurance companies will be free to charge what they want, deny coverage anytime they want, and so on.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The good news is that while this Congress can't make this legislation go away, they can withhold the funds to make it happen. So, effectively its dead until 2012. Let's hope there's a president elected who will permanently dismantle this legislative debacle.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
Excellent move for politically targeting any Senator that doesn't support the repeal.

Actually, it is an excellent move for the Dems.

The Republican Congress members will need to return to their districts and explain why they don't think their constituents deserve Govt. provided Healthcare when they failed to forfeit their own. Every single Republican Congress member was challenged to forego their own Govt provided coverage and guess how many accepted the challenge? ABSOLUTELY ZERO.

129 million Americans are considered to have Pre-existing conditions. Try selling that denial of coverage factoid to a third of the US population.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am willing to bet that the ones bashing republicans either receive government benefits, are employed by the government or are in a union.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
I am willing to bet that the ones bashing republicans either receive government benefits, are employed by the government or are in a union.

You would lose that bet with me. I'm none of those things but since I've paid thousands into the Social Security system, I do feel justified in my remuneration in roughly 10 years.

BTW what a trite overgeneralization. Reminds me of that useless, clear liquid that precedes the squeeze mustard.

Got anything tastier?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Obama Votes in the heath care bill
Insurance premiums double
Heathcare voted out
What do you think will happen to the premium cost?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread653095/pg1#pid10373777]post by kinda kurious[/

Why is it liberals believe people that don't do anything deserve money, free cell phones, free computers, free rent, free buss passes, free food and now free healthcare. I don't think people who work hard for their money should have to give it to those who sit around all day collecting welfare checks. It's one thing to have a job that doesn't get you much money, it's quite another to sit around and literally do nothing and still get rewarded for it. The sad thing is that the people who could actually use the help are living in homeless shelters and not able to get assistance.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Over half of the U.S. States are suing the government over Obamacare. The people Clearly do not want this!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
The sad thing is that the people who could actually use the help are living in homeless shelters and not able to get assistance.

Republican Senators Blocks Homeless Veterans Bill

MURRAY'S HOMELESS WOMEN VETERANS BILL BLOCKED BY SENATE REPUBLICANS

SOURCE

Will Republicans Remember they objected To Bill For Homeless Veterans, but Still Pushed to Keep Tax Cuts for the Wealthy

SOURCE

I suggest you pick a better argument or a different "liberal" to attack.

Weak sauce.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join