It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Lucas thinks the world is going to end in 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Funnyman Seth Rogen was left stunned by a recent encounter with his moviemaking hero George Lucas - because the Star Wars director spent 20 minutes telling him the world would end in 2012.

Rogen was left speechless when Lucas and Steven Spielberg joined a movie meeting he was a part of - but the encounter has left him worried his life will be over next year.

He recalls, “George Lucas sits down and seriously proceeds to talk for around 25 minutes about how he thinks the world is gonna end in the year 2012, like, for real. He thinks it.

Source: www.torontosun.com...

Since this story is from a third party, I am not sure that it's 100% true, but would be interesting if it was.

I know THX-1138 was an anti-government film.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thats nice george, how about you loan me a couple of million till then? Can't take it with you right!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The best bit is the comment that was left.

Seth you twit!! You should have bought the rights for all his films post 2013. You would have been set for life and better yet, no digital messing with any of the Star Wars movies!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by elderban

Found another story about it...

www.digitalspy.com...

I think the story is pretty tongue in cheek.... but then ya never know, maybe 'ole George does believe it?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Presumably thats why he doesn't mind losing all of the public good will towards him with his sub standard remakes.

JahJah binks is definitely one of the signs of the apocalypse

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think the reactions in either scenario would be hilarious.

2012 come and goes.. the doomsayers look stupid.

2012 comes and some stuff goes down, I can only imagine the
look on the skeptics face

I think latter would be more hilarious though.. even though it might wipe 80% of the pop out in the process. 2012 fanatics can die saying "I told you so"
edit on 19-1-2011 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y

Yeah if I get killed next year theres certainly going to be some egg on my face, how will I ever live it down

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
To me the entire Star wars Saga was not "anti-government" but "anti-tyranny" the rebels do win.
Funny I was just thinking about this the other day. Good -evil on a galactic scale. Some believe the moon to be a base. HAARP can destroy the planet. Nibiru being a base and or planet killer. Death Star? "A prophecy mis-read, could have been." Yoda
Speilbergs "Close encounters of the third kind" was based on a true story.
Maybe.
If the world ends, it will end "as we know it". The planet itself will continue to carry on. If the earth decides to flip, it will not matter where you run, there is no where to run. If it decides to flip, having a bunker five miles below the surface will only signify that youre trapped and or caved in. It won't matter. Take the propaganda pictures you see and toss them out, theres no way to tell where mountains will rise and seas will form, if something like that were to happen. In such a scenario "the continuity of government" is a joke to me. Who is going to care about such things if they survive an ordeal such as that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fw2011
To me the entire Star wars Saga was not "anti-government" but "anti-tyranny" the rebels do win.

Pretty sure the OP mentioned the Lucas film THX 1138, not Star-Wars

link   
Double post.... :shk:
edit on 19/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

link   
P.s.

Shills have been know to instill false reports in the media. Not saying it is or is'nt. Just that they do and have been known to do it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yea, just a thought is all.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fw2011

Ahhhh ok, got ya

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
if this is true , why is he working on a new indiana jones script /story with harrison ford.....what a load of ,,,,,,,

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
if this is true , why is he working on a new indiana jones script /story with harrison ford.....what a load of ,,,,,,,

Well, the word is that Spielberg and Ford are the ones pushing hard for another chapter to the story.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
who knows, maybe theyre making the film just in case their wrong

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Lets see he is high ranked human who made space films. Ashton is training lol. I wouldnt doubt the high ranked financial folx got there secret society data by now. So who knows maybe end for some beginning for others. Keep faith!
edit on 1/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Pay close attention to the the high ranks and celebs. Globally they will begin to shiver out of fear if they detect "it" and they will start doing strange things in public eye. Some may do things intentionally as to share their secret society secrets due to them senseing they are wrong!!!!!!! and wanting to be redeemed

peace

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There are quite a lot of celebs, famous people and the rich who believe in 2012 so George being one of t hem isn't surprising.

The thing that made me suspicious about it being a joke news article was the description of Seth Rogen as "funnyman".

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
I think the reactions in either scenario would be hilarious.

2012 come and goes.. the doomsayers look stupid.

I think latter would be more hilarious though.. even though it might wipe 80% of the pop out in the process. 2012 fanatics can die saying "I told you so"
edit on 19-1-2011 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

I hope something in the middle of doomsday and nothing happens.. we can all look stupid and move on to the next doomsday scenario.

Its going to be great if NOTHING happens. I can already envision the page of new topics started along the lines of "I toldja so" and " Oh not 2012, 2020 is the REAL date..".. LOL! Just think of all of those poor lonely dust covered BoBs though..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join