It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Troops Deploying In North Korea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Really? Marching in unison? The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders work in perfect unison, and they look great doing it, but it doesn't say much about their military ability!

Ok this huge army marching perfectly alligned do give me a display of discipline

but come on .. compare the Chinese soldiers Vs the US soldiers .. which one looks more discipline

seriously ?

I think ducking in and out of fox holes, caves, and city streets in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, and Bosnia is a little bit better experience than marching in crisp clean uniforms.

These countries are not Iran Russia NK or China
US have win against small countries who were no match for the US army
edit on 1/18/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
most US marine cant endure pain very much .. since they are not that discipline

1 US marines = 1 Chinese soldier

Well in the Real World

China took a beating something to the tune of over 180,000 killed, That they'll admit [400,000 by some UN accounts] in their first time at bat against the US/West in the Korean war vs 39,000 US casualties. So right there goes your 1 to 1 stat.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ben81

China is definitely not "THE" superpower. Their cutting edge weapons being unveiled have finally caught up with our 20 year old common technology, and despite popular opinion we don't owe them a very large percentage of our national debt. We owe the vast majority of it to ourselves, and after that Japan ranks #1.

Wrong. China owns about 870 billion, Japan owns about 835 billion. But whats 35 billion when you are trying to make a nationalist point?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Ben81

fck them all..... these fools who think they can run amok anywhere in the world they choose...... i say fck em.... and i don't give a fck anymore.......

bring em to me.... i'll take the whole lot of these f'in fools on.....

I'm ready......

And Im sure there are Chinese saying the same thing about you.

And the both of you scare the living crap out of me. Why dont you fly to China and start some fistfights and leave the rest of us out of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Actually I dont think this is directed at the US so much as its directed at N. Korea. Chinese intervention did not stop us the first, and I dont think it would be a factor if a second go around started either.

Personally I think China is attempting to head disaster off (albeit the Chinese troops are assigned to joint venture areas between N. Korea and China). It very well could be a warning to the North to cease any aggresive / provocative actions that would spark a war.

N. Korea is unstable, with the dear leader close to death, and a succesor that appears to be the "liviing in the basement of the parents house" type. There has been speculation that the son who would replace the dear leader would not be able to hold it all together, and the generals would stage a coup.

To me this looks like China is disciplining the errant child. Act like adults and you will be treated like adults. Act like a spoiled child and the parents will smack your ass and put you in timeout.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Maybe you missed some current events.

Who own the U.S. national debt? China only owns 7.5%

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Ben81

China is not "the" superpower. They have a lot of people (hungry mouths), And spend about 1/10 what the US spends. As seen in Misoir's new thread, they only hold 7.5% of our debt. And all their soldiers have almost no battle experience outside of chasing down villagers that only have sticks.

Oh jeez, they only own 7.5% of our multtrillion dollar debt, well nothing to worry about I guess.

Thats like having no money, owing 100K and saying "Well dont worry, I only owe the loan shark about 7 grand of it!"

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well Russia didn't do too hot in Afghanistan or China in Vietnam in 1979 either.

So whats your point?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Right...that chart still shows taht China is the largest overseas holder of our debt, not sure what you are trying to show me.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by getreadyalready

Really? Marching in unison? The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders work in perfect unison, and they look great doing it, but it doesn't say much about their military ability!

Ok this huge army marching perfectly alligned do give me a display of discipline

but come on .. compare the Chinese soldiers Vs the US soldiers .. which one looks more discipline

seriously ?

I think ducking in and out of fox holes, caves, and city streets in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, and Bosnia is a little bit better experience than marching in crisp clean uniforms.

These countries are not Iran Russia NK or China
edit on 1/18/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

I don't know, I'd have to see them under fire. I've seen people teach a group of housecats to march in unison, it is a little different when you toss a pack of firecrackers at them! Now those Chinese Monks that light themselves on fire and get squished by tanks, those are some disciplined fellows!

As someone said earlier, a "volunteer army" already has a lot of advantages over a "prescribed army." I wonder how dedicated those troops are when they start getting shot at? The Iraqi army was very disciplined and impressive until bombs started dropping, and then they started trying to surrender to passing airplanes!

The "Redcoats" marched very nicely too. They were really impressive with their uniforms and muskets and drummers, but once bullets started flying out of cotton bales and rabbit holes things looked a lot different to them!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The Iraqi army was very disciplined and impressive until bombs started dropping, and then they started trying to surrender to passing airplanes!

Yup those Iraqis sure rolled over quick....in and out, those were the gulf wars huh?

I mean they hardly fought back at all, its only 7 years later!
edit on 18-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Right...that chart still shows taht China is the largest overseas holder of our debt, not sure what you are trying to show me.

If they want to get paid they'll have to get inline behind Joe Sixpack US tax payer.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

If they want to get paid they'll have to get inline behind Joe Sixpack US tax payer.

Jesus, havent you had enough of getting our asses kicked in Iraq and Afghanistan that you want to start with China and Korea now?

Great.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Jesus, havent you had enough of getting our asses kicked in Iraq and Afghanistan that you want to start with China and Korea now?

Great.

Assume much?
Who's advocating war here?
I'm just answering the mans questions and posting some facts.

Get over yourself.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ok.. So you are assuming they would attempt to parachute in?? LMFAO... ROFLMFAO....

Have you ever been to America? My little town would be putting up more surface to air fire than the entire country or Iraq... You think that the Chinese could drop 100k troops in the US?? Ben..... Ben..... I will wager this bet... If the Chinese were to drop in 1 million troops on a Friday, without tanks and artillery support... They would have to collect 1 million bodies on Monday.. Period!

Now, if the US military came to help the people.. We could expedite the needed corpse collection to Saturday.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well Russia didn't do too hot in Afghanistan or China in Vietnam in 1979 either.

So whats your point?

I guess each confrontations have random consequences ..
anybody can win a chess game if you move your pions carefully

in these modern times .. its different

A) you nuke the crap out of your enemy
B) you invade them in a surprise attack (including ground troops)

the US cant afford B .. but A is stil dangerous if the enemy see the nukes coming .. they will launch their nukes
for china it would be suicide to try A
their tactical advantage since they own pretty much the US .. they can now say .. lets take back our propriety

the US will not launch any nukes at China after an invasion of chinese soldiers in american cities
all chinese soldiers that invaded US soil would now avenge China big time
by killing american civilians

you have to put yourself in China shoes to know what they might think if a war breaks out or tension go higher between both governments

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I think you support my point?

Yes, those Iraqis did roll over quick! They literally tried to surrender to passing airplanes. The military and standing government toppled in under 2 weeks......twice!

Now, 7 years later, we are still fighting against the general population and having a tough time controlling them. So, to compare apples to apples, how do you think the Chinese would fare in the US? We have 100x more guns, our population is larger, more trained, and just generally more ornery. Our military and government would not roll over in a matter of weeks.

So, if the massive US military machine is having trouble with a sparsely armed Iraqi population, how well could an inferior military do against a much larger and more resistant US population?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptSplatter

Spot on. The US military is far superior to any nations military.

One point people forget to think about is in order for one country to defeat another there has to be an invasion of the defeated country. There will never be a US invasion, not in our life time. There may be attempts but never a successful occupation. With the US having almost as many private guns as military it would be impossible to take the US soil. People think they have seen gorilla warfare but you haven't seen nothing yet. Invade the US and you would wake a very powerful sleeping giant. The American people would fight tooth and nail to defeat any invader.
edit on 18-1-2011 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2011 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

That is if the American population could pull themselves from their Doritos and American Idol episodes. They would not be shooting at still targets on the shooting range. I think we over estimate the capabilities of todays generation of arm chair soldiers. I suspect most would run and hide if ever confronted with a mass occupation.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This is a common delusion that is suffered by many.. Do you think we couldn't flatten the entire country? We are to worried about public opinion.. If this war was just about body counts and old school "winning" This would have been over long ago.. So before you jump on the "getting our asses kicked in the middle east"... Know, it is by choice that we are still there.. If our mission was to stop all beating hearts... This would have been over within months.. Period!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The main reason we are not "winning" in those areas is very simple.The military allows politicians to run the military and we are fighting guerrilla tactics/fighters with conventional military tactics.
Plus the fact that we are doing the whole BS thing of "hearts and minds"
There is a reason why the Romans, Greeks and Barbarians were successful. The enemy either submitted, or they were killed. They took no prisoners.

Great.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join