It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen Buffalo And Cattle In Vietnam, Floods All Over Western Norway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
7,000 dead Buffalo and Cattle in Vietnam
by Wildeagle
started on 1/17/2011 @ 09:32 AM
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Dead Buffalo in Vietnam - What is Changing?

Both dead Buffalo and dead cow events are reported in Vietnam and are attributed to the freezing winter the country is experiencing. The dead buffalo and cows have been dying all over the Vietnam providences with the number 7000 being the total of all the deaths combined from all the providences. Vietnam is seeing mass deaths of 700 deaths in one day due to the cold. The livestock is being frozen.

With the reports saying that the dead buffalo and cows in Vietnam are dying from the unusually cold temperatures, this is at least a valid reason for these animals to be dying. Although it is sad, there is a reason for these deaths.

Sorces > www.associatedcontent.com...
www.youtube.com...

Pole shift?
Whatever it is, is heartbreaking. I am so tired of seeing our nature dying like this, in such masses.

edit on 17-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: Made an oopsie!

Melting Snow Isolates Thousands
www.newsinenglish.no...

A sudden rise in temperatures over the weekend set off a series of floods and snow- and rock slides all over western Norway, forcing road closures and isolating towns and villages. By Monday morning, more than 70 local roads and highways were blocked by mounds of snow, or closed for safety reasons.
Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK) reported that even the main E-39 highway was blocked, near Haugen Camping in Jølster, and the state highway department (Statens Vegvesenet) was warning residents against driving.
“There is huge danger of more slides and the situation is highly unpredictable,” Camilla Einarsen of Vegvesenet told NRK. The warning applied to all of western Norway but especially the counties of Hordaland and Sogn og Fjordane.

So, to recap: thousands of animals are freezing to death in the tropics, while floods from melting snow are stranding thousands of people in the frigid near-arctic-circle country of Norway.

Yup. Everything is just as normal as can be.
Nothing to see here folks.
This isn't part of anything weird happening globally at all.
Move along, move along.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Norwegians are crazy anyways....just saying!! But anyways there is a lot of strange things happening recently that makes one go
But we really have to be careful about signing up for the End of the World Sign carrying members of the hobo class. It is something that we need to analyze and then inspect to see what the cause is before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
...we really have to be careful about signing up for the End of the World Sign carrying members of the hobo class.

Hey,wait a minute...
I'm one of those chattel down in the bowels of ATS.
Steerage that is.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Weird things been happenin' aroun' the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Just had to say that I love your avatar...lol. Cracks me up. One additional thing, though, 'Oficer' has 2 f's. Peace...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

are attributed to the freezing winter the country is experiencing

That is all it is. The cold weather is killing them. It just seems weird because before no one was reporting all the animal die offs. This is a fad which wont last for ever. Has nothing to do with a *pole shift*. This is mother nature thinning the herd . Nothing more, nothing less. I can not believe it is really news. When you see a mad cow disease outbreak then we have a problem. The hoof and mouth disease can spread world wide through people on planes that were in the infected area. This right now is nothing to worry about.
edit on 17-1-2011 by TheBigO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by robinmorningstar
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Just had to say that I love your avatar...lol. Cracks me up. One additional thing, though, 'Oficer' has 2 f's. Peace...

Yikes. Thanks for that. Just fixed it.

So... I came up with this thread after looking around at the Google Earth Weather satellite loop for Iceland after reading a post by Puterman in the 2011 Quake Watch thread where he mentioned a low pressure system moving in on Iceland.

I found some odd cloud formations, or something over Iceland and started a thread on that.

Then:
Looking around the news articles for something on current Icelandic weather I turned up the article in the OP about Norway. Then I thought of the thread I read earlier today about the thousands of dead animals in Vietnam and voila. There you have it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Retracted snipe at poster. I wasn't playing nice...
edit on 1/17/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: retraction

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here's more cold weather news for Vietnam:

Cold Weather Closes Schools In Vietnam
Jan 11, 2011, 7:48 GMT
www.monstersandcritics.com...

Hanoi - Cold weather has prompted hundreds of schools in northern Vietnam to close for the past week, authorities said Tuesday.
Le Thanh Hai, deputy director of the National Center for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting, said the north of the country was suffering its coldest spell since 2008.

Hundreds Hospitalised In Vietnam Cold Snap
AFP, Jan 13, 2011, 05.32pm IST
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

HANOI: Hundreds of children and old people have been hospitalised and thousands of animals killed in a cold snap in north Vietnam, media and officials said Thursday, as temperatures fell to 36-year lows.

People from various provinces needed medical treatment for respiratory and other ailments in recent days, reports said, while the agriculture ministry said more than 4,000 buffalo and cows have died in the cold.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So, just to get it across: Isn't Vietnam a tropical country full of jungles? Thousands of animals dying from the cold? This is NORMAL?

Ok

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There is a cold season in Vietnam, but this is an unusually cold time globally Vietnam included here you go for your pleasure: www.vietnamtravelkey.com...

en.www.info.vn...

www.wordtravels.com...

edit on 17-1-2011 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Landslides Close Over 70 Norwegian Roads
Published on Monday, 17th January, 2011 at 12:04 under the news category, by Michael Sandelson.
theforeigner.no...

More than 70 roads in counties in western Norway are closed after the recent mild weather set off a series of landslides and flooding. Several hundred people on Vestlandet have been isolated, and meteorologists say more rain is on the way.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
How cold does it have to get to kill a buffalo or cow? I know humans can go to about -40 Celsius as long as they have good clothing before they start dropping off. Buffalo and cows do have a good layer of insulation, what was the weather reports for the Vietnam area? Something does not seam to be adding up here, unless it is weather warfare for such an extreme event to happen.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 17-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added link

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Here is the link to the Buffaloes referenced in the first link tuoitrenews.vn... . This is happening in the mountains of Vietnam where it does tend to get colder than in the low laying tropics.

top topics

join