It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can A Dustbin have a consciousness?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have been thinking today after a discussion I had with another member about whether animals have a soul, it got me thinking about plants,trees and insects, Then I began to look a little deeper, if we know that animals,plants, trees talk to each other they must have some form of consciousness, but does that mean that everything around us has a conscious awareness. I mean everything that we have in form of technology and nic naks come from this earth, therefore some would say that the earth is alive with consciousness, if thats the case then my dustbin has a consciousness doesn't it?

Have you ever talked to a dustbin, like you would a dog?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
no, not even when ive been on drugs

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Consciousness is a by-product of having a brain that forms countless connections and stores memories.
If that brain is under the influence of any number of psychotropic substances, one might feel the need to actually try to converse with the dustbin - and - if the cocktail of substances happens to be blended in the right ratio and concentration...the dustbin might actually answer back. Keep us posted!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I have never talked to my dustbin, but confess to talking to my car.... quite often.
Does that mean I'm nuts?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A bin has no life,it justs sits in the corner and i doubt many would communicate with it,a car or motorbike on the other hand gets yelled at or praised and even mourned when it dies.It's just a collection of lifeless parts and only comes to life when life is in it.A dustbin is nothing but a bin full off dust

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I pondered your question for many moons (or at least as long as your post has been up here). I went on a great spirit quest to find the truth of that which you speak. I climbed to the higest mountain in Tibet, where I was told lived an ancient owl, wise in all things, and I asked;

"Venerable and ancient wise one. Does my dustbin have a consciousness."

Must to my disappointment, he just kept saying over and over again;

"Thhhhhhree! Thhhhhree! That is how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop!"
--The world truly may never know.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashflash

I have never talked to my dustbin, but confess to talking to my car.... quite often.
Does that mean I'm nuts?

Not to me, you can speak to anything you wish.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by robinmorningstar

Very good, thats cheered me up no end.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There has to be some level of organization structure that can send and recieve data at the same frequency as we do, or as animals and insects do.

Dusbin's lack the machinery required to send and recieve this data.
edit on 17-1-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I think a dustbin is moving at frequency, but I dont think it aware. Yes is made of Earth material. But not in its natural form usually these objects have been formed and modified from original materials so again no awaress frequency and if you find frequency then you perhaps can minipulate..
edit on 1/17/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
From what i can tell and from what i have learned and believe, yes, a dustbin has 'conciousness

Instead of thinkin that a particular entity 'has' a conciousness, imagine that any entity IS counciousness.
What differs us from the 'dustbin' is on molecular level and energy level and i like to believe that both you and me have been 'dustbins' before we evolved from a static 'elemental' energylevel to a higher form of life.

But in the end, what seperates us from 'others' is the gift of free choice. Ponder upon this and ask yourself why you have been given the power to choose your path freely. Are you truly responsible for your actions? Are you even aware of the choices you make everyday? Then what about destiny? Is all not pre-determined? Or does a particular timeline change according to your choices through life?

Interesting and mind-boggling!

If you'd like more 'juice' regarding how life transpired through the dimensions, i would highly reccomend the texts known as 'The Law of One' . I cannot vouch for its legitimacy, but think less of that and read. If its the right thing to read for you, you'll know

I have yet to find a source of information that resonates with me as deeply.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The only time I talk to inanimate objects is when they don't function properly. And again if said nonfunctional object becomes functional again.

IE

"Start you piece of crap car start!" *car cranks over* "There we go! Now that wasn't so hard now was it?" LOL

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I believe all plants are conscious. I don't believe they have any of the senses that we have, but I do believe they are conscious, or aware they are alive.
I also think that machines have the potential to be conscious if they are complex enough. I don't think any machines are complex enough today, but in the future, maybe.

I don't believe that dustbins and other inanimate objects are conscious. Maybe though.

My walls talked to me the first time I smoked salvia divinorum. So maybe.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HexagonSun

What did they say?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I would say yes on a very basic level, in that the particles are showing some kind of conciousness by assembling in certain patterns to become a whole object. These particles have proven this by the way they act in certain experiments I have seen others post in threads about the particle acting as a wave and in another very distant area that is it's twin particle also begins acting as a wave, even though it's not part of the experiment and also if the particle acts as a particle. I didn't describe it correctly but here's a little wiki article on what I am trying to convey:
Particles/Waves

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
The only time I talk to inanimate objects is when they don't function properly. And again if said nonfunctional object becomes functional again.

IE

"Start you piece of crap car start!" *car cranks over* "There we go! Now that wasn't so hard now was it?" LOL

I actually praise my pickup truck constantly to keep her running well. It seems to work. She's not very old, but the previous owner abused her, and I'm surprised she runs as good as she does.

I've heard a friend say about old buildings like sheds and garages, that if you use it all the time, that old shed will stand up forever. You don't need to fix it, it just stays there, non-changing. If you don't go in there for a year or so, it'll completely fall apart. That's so true.

That said, I don't think a dustbin needs the same loving treatment as a vehicle. It won't spit out the dust if you abuse it. I don't think it has feelings (even though vehicles do?
)

Do inanimate objects have consciousness? Maybe the atoms and molecules that make up the object do, I don't know.

edit on 17-1-2011 by snowspirit because: formatting

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by HexagonSun

What did they say?

They were laughing at me. Then they said "pass it on, pass it on, pass it on! Oh no he's all alone he's all alone, ha ha ha haa"

Weird eh? Maybe it was the plant that was comunicating, but I got the impression it was the walls.

I'm glad I tried it. It was an experience. But I don't think I'll be buying it ever again.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
everything created by man has spirit. we give birth to ideas, to creations, to matter ,and imbue it with a spirit. as a child everything used to speak to me. the hand towel. the soap in the sink that missed the soap dish-

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Some experiments into quantum entanglement suggest atoms themselves have a consciousness in the way they can react to each other at faster than light speed. I have though if a rock has consciousness as well. If it does then it is not on a time scale that we commonly associate with, but over millions of years with the memory stored within all the atoms that make up the rock. We can read a rock and learn about its story, not sure how to get it to listen and answer back yet.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I love to ponder these things, so for me I look at the intention of the energy placed on the object, was it created to help assist humanity, to make life or mundane chores simpler with ease?, or was the energy behind the creation for greed? Does it really matter? What was your intention?Did you just grab the first dustpan placed in front of you in your rush to purchase one, or did you look at the size, texture, or color, and what energy did you place on this object? Did you place energy of love and gratefulness knowing it will assist in your ease of cleaning? Mind blowing isn't it? For me,I will not purchase a dishwasher, only because I love knowing I am inter-mingling my energies of gratefulness and love with the pots and pans, dishes, glasses and all, knowing it ALL is created with the life force of creation, and my food will be offered with love upon these things. Weird, I know, but I am grateful for my food and my dishpan hands.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join