It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we wear clothes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I realize that clothes do serve a purpose especially in winter. I love clothes sometimes. But I can't help but wonder why nudity is so frowned upon. Why are there laws against it? Is it because of Religion? Why is showing skin a sign of weakness? Obama was in shorts and flip flops in hawaii, and it was huge news.

I've been on a few nude beaches, and it seems like when you meet people or converse with people who are butt-ass naked, a HUGE wall is already knocked down and they are more real. It seems like clothes effect you mentally more than people can imagine.

There's nothing more freeing than just running around naked. Maybe thats what our society needs. lol

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I suppose its all most easilly explained by the whole "Adam and eve" Eating fruit from the tree of knowledge story

Genesis 3 introduces the Serpent, "slier than every beast of the field." The serpent tempts the woman to eat from the tree of knowledge, telling her that it will make her more like God and it will not lead to death. She succumbs, and gives the fruit to the man, who eats also, "and the eyes of the two of them were opened." Aware now of their nakedness, they make coverings of fig leaves, and hide from the sight of God. God asks them about what they have done. Adam blames Eve, and Eve blames the serpent. God curses the Serpent and then curses Adam and Eve with hard labor and with pain in childbirth, and banishes them from his garden, setting a cherub at the gate to bar their way to the Tree of Life, "lest he put out his hand ... and eat, and live forever."

And my guess is TPTB dont have the physique to pull off nudity without been mocked, So out of jealousy they make everyone wear clothes

edit on 17/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I wear clothes so that my friends and all the other men around me won't get jealous because their wives and gf's can't stop glaring at me

In the famous words of Joe Dirt: "You might as well ask why are boobs good, I dunno man, they just are."
edit on 1/17/2011 by budaruskie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
because we have a conscience and the ability to experince shame . We have the ability to critical think and look upon others . We have the ability to say eww why is that fat boy naked i don't want to see his flubber all over the place . Were very visually stimulated creatures . We have the option to say EWWWWW thats why we wear clothes .

if you don't like my answer how about hers

"Human beings wear clothing for a variety of reasons: for temperature control and protection from the environment, for hygiene purposes, for self-expression, for status, for ceremony or special occasion, to uphold tradition, to honor the past.

Clothing is an integral part of culture and society. The development of clothing has centered around the reasons mentioned above, but each reason is not mutually exclusive"

www.helium.com...

edit on 17-1-2011 by seedofchucky because: because my laptop [snip]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2011/1/17 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I always thought that it was to maintain body temp., prevent the spread of nasty body fluids & debris, and to keep our junk from accidentally getting slammed in drawers or doors.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well until we were modified within Edin we didnt need clothes. It seems there is major probs. with clothes because of fashion and how it effects those who are less fortunate. I remember seeing the children in school who would get talked down upon because they didnt dress as trendy as the rest. Seems clothes take the new form of our outer shell and as long as you can dress to impress you can work other unknowing minds to your liking. Even if you are a total piece of trash. The image oversees the interior. It is sad tho because if you dont know how to fashion yourself there is a big chance the oppisite sex will pay you no mind. So it is strange.. On another thought w/o clothes how would we have naturally survived within different weather patterns.Extra LONG HAIR over our ENTIRE bodies SOUND FAMILIAR (KONGS)? It should as it signifies our original hairy bodies???
NATURE HAD OUR BACKS ALREADY
edit on 1/17/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

err no - society has been conditioned to " have shame " its not innate

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

err no - society has been conditioned to " have shame " its not innate

Did you miss the part about having a conscience and critial thinking to be able to even have something like shame in society ? or were you to eager to hit reply before understanding my post?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy to sell us vitamin D supplements.

Just Kidding.....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Trust me,the world is not ready to see me naked.
Plus,I have to keep these big monsters holstered.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

And my guess is TPTB dont have the physique to pull off nudity without been mocked, So out of jealousy they make everyone wear clothes

Actually they all can't wait for the yearly ceremony at Bohemian Grove where they do in fact take off all their clothes and stand naked with their backs pressed to the Red Wood Trees.

So I would have to say that's not it.

Clothing of course has a lot of functions from warmth to highlighting divisions in the socio-economic class.

Believe it or not I would say what led to clothing becoming a formal part of societies was 'dressing' soldiers in a 'uniform' way so you would be more frightened of that armed naked force charging at you screaming at the top of their longs because you could now count how many of them there were exactly!

While that interjects a bit of humor to it, the reality is everything from money to markets, to slavery, to the divine rights of Kings and States to just about all the technology and medicine and science we have was first invented and developed for military purposes and clothing likely was too.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

Actually they all can't wait for the yearly ceremony at Bohemian Grove where they do in fact take off all their clothes and stand naked with their backs pressed to the Red Wood Trees.

So I would have to say that's not it.

Clothing of course has a lot of functions from warmth to highlighting divisions in the socio-economic class.

Believe it or not I would say what led to clothing becoming a formal part of societies was 'dressing' soldiers in a 'uniform' way so you would be more frightened of that armed naked force charging at you screaming at the top of their longs because you could now count how many of them there were exactly!

While that interjects a bit of humor to it, the reality is everything from money to markets, to slavery, to the divine rights of Kings and States to just about all the technology and medicine and science we have was first invented and developed for military purposes and clothing likely was too.

"Actually they all can't wait for the yearly ceremony at Bohemian Grove where they do in fact take off all their clothes and stand naked with their backs pressed to the Red Wood Trees."

source?

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2011/1/17 by GradyPhilpott because: see above

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I will keep this short and sweet cause nobody wants to see this greatness nude trust me on this one.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It is a status symbol, always was.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

source?

Friends who go, who look forward to it with that kind of enthusiasm I described.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

source?

Friends who go, who look forward to it with that kind of enthusiasm I described.

Really you telling me you have buddies that go into the grove and tell you there experinces? Do they not have a bond and trust not to talk about what goes on in the groove ?

What about alex jones video of him going into the groove i saw no mention of naked men nor in his video anyone naked . Im curious about your sources are they high ranking who go with the mainstream members? Or is it the water boy ? Surley your friends have no problem telling you then they should have no problem getting some pics of such activities ? I find it hard to believe they go up there and get naked with each other espically high ranking officials . That would be carrer suicide if that ever got out

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I agree, why not
lets just let it all hang out

:
let freedom rane

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Other than the legal aspect of public nudity, i would say:

For many people it's about individuality, and for many others it's about conformity.

Plus, it would be a distraction in our society, until we got used to the fact that nudity was the norm. Seriously, most people i do NOT want to see naked. That guy i'm standing behind in the grocer? Double no thanks. A business meeting with a bunch of older, pasty nude guys and one hot nude female...The table's enough wood for me, thank you.

I could go on...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Also if E.T. or aliens wore clothes is this a way to determine their awarness? Where the taught the ways of dressing up to hide? If so its a good indicator except for perverted Aliens who just wanna be nasty...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The Bohemian Grove Annual Retreat is a event full of activities that last two weeks, with Alex Jones having 'snuck' in to video a portion of the annual "Cremation fo Care" ceremony as part of his usual half assed approach to 'painting' a picture, that is designed to support his often incorrect 'theories' that usually border on or all about 'fear' where he reinvents the actual meaning behind some of the annual activities that go on at the Grove some of them being parts of traditions that date back a 100 years, or since the annex to the Bohemian Club was oppened for the place of their annual retreat.

The truth is that the Bohemian Club originally founded by journalists during the California Gold Rush as a place where they could meet, create and enjoy entertainments not available in early San Francisco they had grown accustomed to enjoying in bigger more culturally varied East Coast Cities has changed from it's original membership to include some of the wealthiest by and large exclusively White Anglo Saxon Protestant corporate and business moguls of 'up standing breeding' evidence by 'blood line heritage that dates back in most cases to before the founding of the nation or right around that time'.

So two things are at play a sensationalist and showman like Alex Jones fails to always properly represent or consider.

One is many of the zanny activities that go on at the Grove have their traditional roots born from men who could not go to the Opera or Theatre or Poetry Recital or Orchestra because they had yet to be built in early San Francisco, so the earlierst members created their own entertainments that are part of these traditions.

When and ever possible Alex Jones likes to portray these as 'ceremonies involving a satanist kabal or form of occult ritual' which based on my own observations and personal relationships with people who attend regularly is simply a figment of Jone's propensity to 'sell' things in a way that make his theories credible to people who want to take Alex Jone's view of them.

However while resting and relaxing and joining what ranges from hoakey self staged productions and activities to some true world class entertainment by visiting artist, poets and intellectuals invited to the two week long festival to entertain their members and guests some very real networking does occure.

This networking is in fact little different that what takes place at a local chamber of commerce or kiwi club, except in this case the people networking happen to own huge national and international corporations, major banks, rail roads, shipping lines, media businesses and law firms that have a much bigger impact on society when the owners of General Mills and Kraft sit down to talk about things than they owner of Sal's Hardware and John's Pizza sit down to talk about things.

Sak and John talk about who they would love to see on the City Council that could give them so code and tax relief and better business enviornment.

Where as the owner of General Mills and Kraft sit down and talk about who they want to be President and Department Heads of Government and how they can influence the legislation process using their wealth and influence so there business like wise can get a more favorable tax code and business environment.

There businesses and desires and abilities just happen to be a whole lot more extensive with a whole lot more effect on every one else than Sal and John's are.

Yes some huge decisions are privately made at the Grove amongst people who are often friends and networking who belong to a social economic class where the decisions that they make do have a huge impact on everyone else.

Yet this is in reality capatilism as well as corruption in it's ultimate form as practiced by those at the top of the business and social and political latter, as opposed to the satanism and occultism that Jones presents based on an outsider's view as it's being forward to carve a niche audience he profits off of by captivating with the stories he tells and the theories he promotes.

As a showman the more sensational the better, that's what sells for him, that's what his audience buys.

However he has turned down invitations to see the Grove as it really is seen and experienced by and large by it's members who have given him the opportunity to see how it really functions and the bulk of what goes on there except those private conversations between concerned individuals with areas of mutual benefit they wish to privately discuss as part of their business.

Part of their business is corruption for the sake of power and control and profit, and while yes it's possible to promote that as being inherently 'evil' it's nothing different than millions of people are doing every day to a much smaller scale in places like the Chamber of Commerce and the Kiwi or Rotary Club.

It's just being done on a grander scale with much bigger chips on the board.

The people who go to the Bohemian Grove Retreat are albeit very wealthy and connected people while there chosen guests might not be wealthy or terribly well connected at all, but they are all none the less real flesh a blood people, that frankly Jones does a disservice to his audience by painting in the scions of evil demonic light he does where he attempts to convince other 'unworldly' sources aide and abet these people making them more powerful than they are.

Sadly misinformtion runs to polar extremes with people on both sides of the good/evil divide spreading it by design or accident either well intentioned or not, and while I know that the people who are members of the Grove are not particuarly well intentioned besides to themselves (as most of us are) I would contend that Alex Jones is no different in carving out and pandering to a small market niche for profit by painting a deliberately false picture at times in order to do that.

Your real friend lies not to either side of the polar divide, but you yourself, in a process that engages 'seeing is believing' where you challenge yourself to discover yourself the information you need as close to the source as you can get.

Thanks.
edit on 17/1/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join