It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to civility and decorum within all topics?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Just having a browse through this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and I am appalled.

Ad hom attacks on skeptics abound!

Seriously people, Is it really a coincidence that EVERY SINGLE TIME a thread is started which raises an eyebrow and causes us to rethink our position in the world andpossibly totally changes our world view we have the ever so predictable debunker?????

I've come to notice that chemtrail debunkers are even more ridiculous than UFO debunkers. Both groups are incredibly amusing, though.

s was already stated, it doesn't matter who brings forth the information, the debunkers will spout their nonsense, nonetheless.

weedwacker probably is so against chemtrail believers because he used to be in the airforce and probably was one of the people spraying that crap on us in the first dam place!!!!! you mention chemtrail in anythread and some red phone rings on weedwackers desk lmao he should change his name to chemwacker

edit on 17/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Nice work Comrade! You are to be commended for your valiant act of disinformation. Keep up the good work! There an extra ration of beets and black bread for you. Please see your nearest NKVD- Fusion Center and..dress warm, they may have not yet hit their quota... for the HOMELAND!

INyour FACE debunkers!!!!!

i posted alot of relevant videos bonehead keep up, tht one in particular was makn fun of weed lol

All this from one thread.

This crap is still happening across the boards all the time and nothing gets done about it.

Oh wait, something did happen, the skeptics got targeted and singled out for fighting back.

I thought things may have been on the improve here, I stuck through the above mentioned purge and it did nothing except piss off many long term contributing members.

I'm getting fed up to be honest.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

G'day ol' mate...... Seems to me, this will be an ongoing issue. As long as there is newbies, there will be 'interectual woefulness'.

Just been browsing myself since i moved to QLD....... You prolly havnt seen me on here in a while, i'll be back. Take care mate.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This is the internet, you're never going to make everyone be nice to eachother. Where conflicting opinions are abound, there's going to be petty niggly stuff like this. You can ask all you want, for people to wind it in, but at the end of the day, it's not going to happen. Kudos for trying, but you can stop now. Wasted effort, you'll do yourself a mishcheif ect ect.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Well said!

Aussies are fair dinkum and appreciate manners in all topics.

Some people just don't think!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Yeah I know it's going to keep on happening and the odd snark here and there will get through the cracks but 10 pages of it is too much.

People need to pull their heads in

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Hey there Chad.

I do not frequent this site as much as I used to mainly because of the current attitude. Hope we will get back some civility and decorum with a little moderation here and there.

I have also noticed an increase in off-topic, on-line posts.......bugs the *&^% out of me!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I’ve noticed it too, and I can’t say for sure that I haven’t participated at one point or another.

What I will say is i try to respect all members, yes I may throw the odd dig here or there. But I still like you all. In fact I love you guys, I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t.

EG: I believe in chemtrails and OZ doesn’t, it doesn’t mean we don’t like each other. We poke fun at each other in chat sometimes, well I hope he sees it as jest
if you don’t OZ I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Be the change you wish to see

Originally posted by Chadwickus

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Your so right Chadwickus, I now feel like I can't be bothered with even posting due to the lack of manors and just plain ol decency, it seems to have gone out of the window on this site of late, the days of having a good debate throughout the board on numerous topics appears to have gone by the way side, and we're left with angry retorts and abusive name calling… I'm really not surprised some of our well known informed posters have stopped posting, it's a shame, but I feel the same, I just can't be doing with the ugliness of some people who are without manors, sure if you disagree with someone then debate it and put your side forward, but when it's reduced to name calling and abuse… what's the point in posting?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

In an ideal world that is what would happen.

And look I'll admit, I'm no saint but I and most long time members who are skeptics don't go after believers like they seem to go after skeptics.

granted it's the newbs who seem to have the attitude as I can hold a conversation/argument with some of the older believers here without insults being used.

It's all like a big game of one upmanship to them or something, like their truth is better than mine...wish I could understand it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Ad hom attacks on skeptics abound!

Ahh, I agree ad hom attacks abound but I see a fair few from both sides of the fence..
I think you are being a wee bit selective here Chad..

I'd say the score is about even though it all needs to stop..
Attack the topic, not the poster...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I knew someone would bring that up.

Fair play.

Like I said, I'm no saint...least I don't keep on pushing and pushing and pushing like some do.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Is this a joke? (Is "Ted Gunderson" of sound mind??)

This "world-wide" activity as he claims --- ( Oh, BTW....that "aircrap" website? Links to more similar nonsense...lake that woman in Northern California. Has a LOT of photos of normal everyday contrails, though... ) --- he claims ALL of it is done by just a mere handful of airplnes??:

There's the first post by Weed...Pretty common tone for hi,,,,,
Straight out attack..Not exactly a normal way to debate with facts..
Posts like that set the tone and then YOU wonder why others get their backs up???

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Much of this can be explained buy this thread:
The D-Ego (Digital Ego)

There is another one by SO about us (ct) needing a thick skin.

But in the end we make this site everyone of us...if you think some one crossed the line report the post....stay on topic and when you get the feeling to flip off your monitor, take a walk or grab a smoke...we are all human and we all have opposing viewpoints, so we are not always going to agree on anything.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

No I don't think I'm being selective, from what I see the skeptical side gets pushed into saying something off topic or impolite.

I know the majority if not all of my warnings and the like here at ATS have been due to reacting and replying to rude posts or posters.

And it's simple as someone saying something like "Must be swamp gas reflecting off Venus"

how many times has that been seen???

What does that add to the discussions?

it's just a blatant attack on anyone who is skeptical.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Weedwhacker knows how to attack the post, not the poster.

There is an art to it for sure and he probably toes the line...but I don't see too many off topic and manners and decorum labels on his posts, do you?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You used weed as an example..
I posted his FIRST post on page 1..
Are you saying the tone of his post was fine and dandy?
Could that not be the reason replies were terse??

Not an excuse for uncivilised posts but a reason..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Weedwhacker knows how to attack the post, not the poster.

There is an art to it for sure and he probably toes the line...but I don't see too many off topic and manners and decorum labels on his posts, do you?

Yeah, very odd that...
Been pointed out by more than just me...
But if you call that civil debate then your whole OP is wrong....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Read above, he is attacking the post and the information there-in, not the poster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join