It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with Loughner's Past Girlfriend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Loughner's past girlfriend, Ashley Figueroa, has given an interview to Joel Waldman of Kgun9 news.
Read the entire article and find her photo here: www.kgun9.com...

This is part of the interview:

What sort of things would set him off that way? KGUN9 asked.  "Things about the government, things about politics...anything that pretty much had to do with the government." she said.
Figueroa added, that Loughner basically kind of thought that the government was crap and that it was just this big, bad thing  that was trying to just take over everybody and that we had no say in anything; that we were controlled by them 100%, and he strongly disagreed and felt people should be able to make own choices," she noted.
And, life at home for Jared Lee Loughner was rough also.
"I know he had a difficult relationship with his parents," Figueroa said. "They would never let me come in the house, and I couldn't understand why they wouldn't let me come in."

And this:

Figueroa believe Loughner planned the shooting, "He's a smart kid, I think he did his homework. And, I think he's playing everything. I think he's trying to get sent to a psych ward because he doesn't want to go to jail because he didn't die like he wanted to."
"I think he actually expected to get shot that day because if you looked at his Facebook and his Youtube everything was written in past tense. That's not common unless going commit suicide. Or, something bad is going to happen to you," Figueroa added.

"There's a lot of people out there right now who are saying Jared Loughner is mentally ill, I know you're not a doctor, but your gut feeling, is he mentally ill or an accumulation of everything you talked about?"  "I don't think he's mentally ill at all. I think he's honestly, I think he's faking everything. I think he's planned it, planned for sometime."
"When you saw him 3 or 4 months ago, what was it like then?" KGUN9 asked. "It was like staring into somebody you didn't know," Figueroa commented.
"He didn't care about anything. He kind of had attitude that it didn't matter, that nothing mattered. There was nothing behind his eyes, is that what you're saying? It was like staring into someone soulless basically."
"Did you see a noticeable decline? Was he much more "normal" in high school than 3 or 4 months ago?" KGUN9 asked. "Yeah, he was different. He had common decency. He had a big heart, but I don't know what happened. I really don't know because he was not the person I knew. I knew he had problems but never thought it would escalate to something like this," concluded Figueroa.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Curiouser and curiouser. She comments that he didn't "die like he wanted to".

It's interesting that most psychopaths or those with antisocial personality disorder don't usually commit suicide, but will, if they think they can go out in a blaze of glory.

Who knows? It's quite possible for one to have both a thought disorder, psychosis, and a personality disorder.

I'm sure shrinks are over him now. Maybe they will be able to shed some light on his problems for us.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think that he was disenfranchised with the whole system. He was thrown out of college and was not allowed in the army and couldn't find a job. He was even told not to come back to the animal shelter where he volunteered. It would be easy to think that the system was designed for him to fail. It is evident that he thought he had nothing to lose. He doesn't have anything to lose now that he has given up his freedom because of his actions.

I would be willing to bet that there are a lot of people who feel the same way about the system and the govt. People are losing their jobs and homes at an alarming rate but violence isn't the proper response to this situation.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I think that the envelope marked "My Assassination" makes more sense now, especially if he wanted and/or expected suicide by cop.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Yes. It does appear to the observer he was interested in "suicide by cop". He took a cab to the scene, obviously he knew he wouldn't need a 'getaway car'.

But it troubles me that his girlfriend commented that he's "trying to get in a psyche ward". Somewhere within him, he knows he's in trouble psychiatrically.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thanks for posting this.

It's interesting that the girl first seems strongly convinced that he's not insane, but then near the end of the article, she describes meeting him more recently and getting the impression that he was hollow-eyed, soulless, etc. These two observations seem to be in conflict, or at least hard to reconcile.

I'm operating under the assumption that Loghner is mentally ill rather than putting on a show, and that he's probably deterorated a lot since this girl knew him. But her observations are important as background info. I also think it's noteworthy that he was preoccupied with many of the same poltical ideas for some years. This suggests that his obsession started out as a more rational and normal way of thinking. I've been thinking that some sort of biological problem is at the root, rather than the content of his ideas, but now I might have to reevalute that .

edit on 1/15/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thank you for posting.

I find it interesting also, but we must bear in mind that this is the assessment of a young girl in "crush mode".
Her statements are incongruent somewhat, aren't they?

The part about his parents not letting her come in their home is also troubling, to me. What, do you suppose, were they hiding?

Maybe nothing. I just find it very strange.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by belowabovetopsecret
his girlfriend was ugly and his life sucked no wonder he killed people

Milhouse loves Jared

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
While I'd have to disagree on her being ugly (she isn't), something was DEFINITELY off in that interview. I can't really put my finger on it though.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by belowabovetopsecret
his girlfriend was ugly and his life sucked no wonder he killed people

You sound like a "Bro"
What are you doing on ATS, aren't you late for a Shirtless Volleyball game with all your bro's ?

Don't forget the natty's

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster
While I'd have to disagree on her being ugly (she isn't), something was DEFINITELY off in that interview. I can't really put my finger on it though.

You thought so too? I cannot figure it out either, but something is a little to the left with the interview. Almost as if she's got some negative agenda in trying to have him convicted as a sane man. Later she adds that he was not the same guy. That's a direct contradiction to saying that he's not mentally ill. Someone who's mentally ill fits her description at the end of the interview. Perhaps she's bitter about the past or something? A woman scorned and what have you?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Maybe there's sympathy to some extent, or some kind of decorum in play (or maybe I've missed them), but I've seen little to no comment on the Loughner family lifestyle. It's odd, to say the least. Loughner's father lived alone in their house until he married the mother, and he apparently wasn't very sociable. He hasn't worked in a "conventional" job outside the home since Jared was born. Mrs Loughner was apparently in a fairly "high" position in her job with, I think, something like the state Parks & Wildlife Dept and appeared to be fairly accomplished in that. Based on some links at Rumor Mill News, she had moved to Arizona from Arkansas. (no info beyond that as of when I saw it) A neighbor, who also remarked on the senior Loughners' reclusive nature, said that s/he saw Mrs Loughner occasionally at the grocery store & that she always had a 30 pack of beer in her cart (not to disparage beer drinkers at all. Usually, "big" beer drinkers are pretty sociable people, in my experience). One of the articles I had bookmarked mentioned that the parents had "boarded up" the windows (not sure now if it said doors, too) right after the shooting happened. If the writer wasn't speaking figuratively, this was a pretty peculiar thing to do.

Not to blame JL's parents, but they seemed to be pretty odd, themselves. What this girl says about not being allowed to go into the house is really weird. I know the cops had been inside (at least in the garage), but it sounds like the parent's- at least the father, were/ was very anti social. Not too surprising to me that Jared Loughner was having a hard time fitting in. I wonder if he was abused in some way because parents like that tend to be secretive & "hostile-ish"; excluding of "outsiders", & hyper controlling. (just a personal observation)
I don't think many people *don't* think that our government is FUBAR/ SNAFU, but agree that JL intended suicide. I can't grasp (no indications, really) why he decided to kill other (or so many) people, though.

(sorry not to provide links! The Mac died & I'm on a Windows now- blind AND dumb. 99% was Wall Street Journal, CNN, etc. I just don't know which article said what or have URLs)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It seems to me the media is loving the "anti-government" aspect of this story.. maybe it's a natural byproduct.. I don't know.. but in an age where anti-Federalist are growing with dissent, a lone loony gunning down a government official after making anti-government rants is very convenient for the government. Now anyone who speaks out against the Government gets put into the same camp as this kid.

I should say as well, Abovetopsecret.com also has a new stigma since it was all over the news he was a member here......
edit on 1/15/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Interesting how the people in his life
his "friend" , his girl"friend" are so quick to throw him to the lions.

talk about loyalty/fidelity.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think he just let all these conspiracy's get into his head. You know how these sites are, so many theories non-stop threads about the government controlling us and lieing about everything. He might of had some disorders which probably didn't help the paranoia.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I agree with Loughner that the government is pretty much total BS, we need a new monetary system, etc, but violence is never the answer.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

..I noticed several of his rants have to with currency. But none of the people he murdered, or assassinated, has/had anything to do with our currency, not really.

Displaced aggression, unless of course, he was aching to kill someone, and after reading about the naked photos of him with his gun, I beginning to wonder about that.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That's pretty vague about "the government." She clearly didn't pay a lot of attention if/when he ranted. Disappointing as far as shedding any additional light. And also a little strange...I think these phrases about the government have been reported almost exactly the same way prior to this interview? But who knows...maybe they were leaked from an earlier interview with her. Then again maybe not. It almost seems as if someone is trying kind of hard to tie his actions to dissatisfaction with the government but really doesn't have a lot to go on.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
the boy was on the right track, just the wrong targets.....bilderbergers the bilderbergers....jeeeez can't anyone ever get it right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join