It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The highest form of Government is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The People.

Discuss.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Your right. Without us, the people, there would be no government. as far as i see it we allow them to govern us. not quite sure why, maybe cause most of us are to lazy to do anything about it or we think we cant. the government we have today is trying to change america. i gotta say i dont feel safe or comfortable with the government. no matter who's president, no matter who's a senator.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
When i read the title of your thread I instantly thought "the highest form of government is the people... DUH". only to open the page and see you beat me to it

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Agreed.
Not many people understand this, but the constitution forms a Republic. IE Direct government BY THE PEOPLE.
Even if everyone in the country voted for a Green candidate for president, the electorates are what decide.
Dont you get it, they have stolen the government from the people and now just do what they want.

Th revolution is coming.
That or 2012.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I totally agree, Bye the People For the People, It is Duty and Right of the People to throw off a Government that is not working for Us, The only problem is most cant see it or do not care, Im not saying the U.S.A. is a horrible place to live bye any means, but it sure is not the Nation our Fore Fathers had in mind when they established America..

The people do not seem to have a voice anymore......

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As opposed to what, "the lawn chairs"? "The barn owls?" You can't have any form of government without "the people"

The question is, how large of a group of people are we talking about?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
the Bilderbergs

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Self-government, of one;s self and by one; self, so I guess I agree with you on a certain level. If this were perfect in each and every one of us, there probably wouldn't be a need for any other kind of "government."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Maybe I'll show my true colors here but I respectfully disagree.

The highest form of government is a critical thinking, educated, informed, and engaged people.

The government in the USA is contrary to popular belief, is still a government of the people. It is the government your average person wants and has earned. As long as the average person has their base luxury items (A huge TV, some video games, a nice car, a clean place to live.) They are happy to let others think for them and thus become ruled by media machine run by the few with agendas I won't even speculate on at this time.

In order to be the highest form of Government we would need the average person to be a Critical thinking, educated (Self or otherwise), informed (current events and issues), and above all: Engaged in the process of government.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Any government that allows the people to govern themselves is a good government. The problem occurs when the people get too secure in their freedoms and give the government more control....Then the government will try to govern itself and that never works because then the people have no power to govern themselves anymore.
The people are solely responsible to keep the government in check.

It was Ben Franklin who said 'People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.'

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The highest form of government is the absence of government.

"I heartily accept the motto, 'That government is best which governs least'; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe— 'That government is best which governs not at all'; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have."

- Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience (1849)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
The highest form of government is the absence of government.

"I heartily accept the motto, 'That government is best which governs least'; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe— 'That government is best which governs not at all'; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have."

- Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience (1849)

Though it must be critical thinking, educated, informed, and engaged people as a previous poster alluded to as well.

At some point Government will not be necessary as a people turn to the constitutional heart of sacrifice. The two men who threw themselves between their wives and a barrage of bullets last weekend made shining examples of this. Imagine living every moment of your life in the hopes of producing good. Makes all the difference...
edit on 13-1-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenAlpha

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

we are no longer the people apparently we are now the citizens while the government is the people. they do what they want while we work our butts off to pay taxes. we should overthrow the government now
edit on 18-10-2017 by diamonds4days because: 15 different typos needed to be fixed

top topics

join