It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carcass photos force Knowsley Safari Park changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Carcass photos force Knowsley Safari Park changes

www.bbc.co.uk

A Merseyside safari park was told to change the way it dealt with dead animals after an ex-employee released images of carcasses left in the open.

Knowsley Safari Park photographer Penny Boyd complained to the local council over what she believed was unnecessary killing of animals and their disposal.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jmu-journalism.org.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 1/13/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Its quite shocking how the animals are just left in the open to decompose, surely there should be an external company to "remove" the bodies in order to minimise any disease?

Please visit the links for the photos, there are allegations the bodies have been moved for maximum effect by photographers, either way they should not be left to rot in the open.

Views

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ok they call it Safari Park and attempt to show you how wild animals live.

And you think its wrong to leave them laying there dead?

Thats how it happens in real life. That's how nature deals with death. By allowing a dead corpse to sit there and rot until bugs and other scavengers pick it's bones.

I find this accurate and appropriate, honestly.

In the end, we should not be imprisoning innocent animals and then turn around and cry about the tasteless manner of their death. Such hypocrisy. What about the tasteless manner in which they live in these cages called zoos?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That's what i was thinking....

Its natural to not move the bodies....

Its unnatural to move them...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Come on OP put a little effort in the thread and embed the pictures, no one really wants to have to click links to see the pictures!!

If you need help embedding/ don't know how just ask...

Also I could care less about how they dispose of the bodies... Who cares? As long as no one is catching diseases from it why does it matter?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Disease is only an issue with dead animals if we are keeping them in crowded conditions so that they cannot move away from the bodies. Every ecosystem runs on death, it feeds everything from the bottom up.

I really don't have an issue with this. I do have an issue with people who can't cope with the sight of a dead animal, or people who create "Safari parks" and don't include scavengers. Animals die. Sure, it smells bad, but if you've got the right scavengers around, not for long.

EDIT: Oh, one of THOSE safari parks, where the animals aren't even vaguely related to the same ecosystem, and populations are controlled through culling on what is effectively an english estate. If they're going to cull the animals, at least butcher them and give them to the big predators which we KNOW they have in cramped enclosures somewhere else on the park.
edit on 12/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I agree with what has been said. They shouldn't be there in the first place, natures course etc etc.

The pictures were not added due to the fact that i did not want to post photos of dead animals in bins next to body parts, i asked people to view the pictures on the site as there are alot of animal lovers on here, trying to be considerate.

I was highlighting the fact of human disregard for the environment and its creatures.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
animals have been left to rot throughout the whole history of the earth, untill humans turned up, but even then only right up to the last 200/300 years maybe.

i would think it is very natural something that dies is left to rot, it is nature, or it was untill meddling humans turned up. lots of animals and creatures benefit from a dead animal. the only out rage here really is that humans do not want to see it.

top topics

join