It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: If Aliens Exist, They Probably Want To Destroy Us

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
-I'm sure they have lived a lot longer than us and have saw and experienced that war isn't good for anything.

Sorry, but I hate when people say this.

Yes, war is NOT good. All the innocent people and nature getting killed.

But,
Didn't war end Nazi Germany?
If we didn't fight nazi germany, then what would have happend today?

And what about all the other wars, that have HELPED us?
Should we just sit back and wait for the enemies to take over your things, or should we fight back?

Yes, if the WHOLE world, saw that war is no good, then yes, it would be peace. But do you ever think we will get to a point, were no wars are?
No hate? No fear?
Aslong as we are all different through out the world, then sorry, I don't think it will happen.

edit on 1/13/2011 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Didn't war end Nazi Germany? If we didn't fight nazi germany, then what would have happend today?

Speaking German and possibly living in a world far better then the one we live today if you were of the race they wanted.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So, humans are all just sick bastards, yes?
We are all only here for resurces?
Well, I'm not.
Are you?

So, lets imagine you found a new world. What would YOU do to the world?
Harvest it?
Play with it?
Study them?
Fear them?
Help them?

Its a hard quiestion, and it is impossible to know what an individual person would do. And then I suppose its also impossible to know how Aliens would do, too.

But answer me this: All of you, who say the humans are Dumb, selfish, NON-LOVING, don't care about nature. Well, who is dumb then?
What I have learned from humans, is that we are LOVING creatures, we do care, we do love.
Its only the leaders who dosen't have this anymore. And that is because of greed.
Yes, ofcourse humans can be evil, but don't you think that even a evil person can love?

As long as we have our natural instincts, I don't think we can be in harmony, yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

I'm glad you are one of the good ones out there!

But I do actually think humans are all sick bastards.

I would hate to have lived in the past in medieval times. You could get murdered or raped at any given moment. Everybody was a threat. The little old lady down the street dobs you in to the local church because she didnt like your hat and next minute you are hauled in for interrogation by torture and burnt alive at the stake.

Obviously people are born neutral, but only a few good people exist out of each group. Evil is crossing the hearts and minds of man continuously.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Yes, all people can do sick things, no doubt about that.

I, for one, have also done bad things. But Its only few really bad things, a few times. I'm not perfect, but im more "good" than "evil". You understand me?

What do you mean when you say all are sick bastards? Are we that all the time, or only sometimes?, Like I said about myself above.

So if we only are bad sometimes, then we are more good than evil, right? Then I suppose that we are good, not evil.
edit on 1/13/2011 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You wear a hat? You have files on Foxes? Do you wear the hat when you are interviewing the foxes?
Help, help ! Devil worshiper. Call the inquisition.

Something like that? I know exactly what you mean. In fact there are still people in this world that behave like that and poor innocent folk are still being executed for witchcraft and the likes.

Some people can be really evil and cruel to their neighbours.

edit on 13/1/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Same as ever

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

A race who is able to travel long distances through galaxies will probably be very old. More than a few thousand years. If the managed it to survive their own wars among each other and learned that war is not a good way to keep societys working they might come in peace.
But:
You really can´t say if they even think like us.
Maybe their are like the ridley scott aliens and just think about killing and spreading their race.

I would probably s my pants if an unidentified craft would land and some kind of being would come out.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I´m afraid the world would NOT be better than today!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Its pretty simple.

If you came across a new planet that was not as advanced as yourself yet you have four options...

1) Attack the race and take all the resources from the planet.
In my opinion, I highly doubt that this would be possible using ourselves an example, we are not able to travel the stars due to the way that we live such as suppresion of energy alternatives, profit based innovation, profit based scientific studies, heck the very way that we live is only possible because we have not yet travelled the stars in any great distance. What worth is a piece of paper in space but what paper is ever going to be earned by investing in space travel? It is an oxymoron.

2) Visit the planet in its current state and help them develop faster.
This again is nothing short of stupidity as you would only stop alternative technologies being developed if you waited. The human race would be a technologically similar species instead of a unique race that could share technology once they have advanced to a similar but alternative level.

3) Visit the planet in its current state, enslave the race and have them worship you as god's.
I dont think this needs any input.

4) Monitor them and have patience for when they are at a similar technological level etc.
The benefits of this far outway any other option as a seperate race is not going to develop the exact same technology, exact same literature, exact same culture etc.

This is all assuming that extra terrestrials exist that are not from this planet or linked to this planet in any way shape of form be it past or present.

There are obviously other things such as food or resources but the idea of resources is absurd as it would already take a lot of resources to reach this planet if you travel the stars and if you can travel space you need a sustainable level of food in the first place. Theres also the idea that we might be created by aliens to solve something that they cannot, but this thread is not about that.

Just my thoughts, I rarely post on Aliens and UFO's.

edit on 13-1-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Sounds like Avatar movie. Funny thing is if the movie was reality humanity would be the NA VI and the humans would be the ALIENS smh... Wonder if any realized the catch. And what reactions were observed when viewing?

edit on 1/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Or

Point # 3) Aliens do exist but the immense distance between stars means they could never reach us

Point #4) They are not at all like us in nature and actually respect other forms of life
edit on 13/1/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i do think if they wanted to destroy us all ... they would probably have no problem doing so
but i dont think this is their aim ... they could have done it time and time again if they wanted ... but why just come down and hover about ? showing off their tech ?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
God we are so narcissistic.

Just because we cosume and devour every resource, doesn't mean they will

Ah human ignorance lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You only declare war on things that you feel threatened by and need to take direct action to resolve.

Aliens would not feel threatened by us primitive humans.

Therefore, they would not declare war on us.

We are too low of a life form to even merit a declaration of war from beings that advanced.

Yeah the Indians were threatening......Our guns vs. their bows.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You only declare war on things that you feel threatened by and need to take direct action to resolve.

We are too low of a life form to even merit a declaration of war from beings that advanced.

Do you really? Current wars seem to be about resources.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

isnt it safer to take out a threat before it advances to the stage where it can defend its self?
the US does
Israel does it
Russia does it
China is coming around to it

So if aliens did exist
they would have it in their best intrest to blow the planet and its inhabitants up before we take our greed and lust for power beyound this planet.

Mankind is nothing but barbaric run on Greed, Hate and domination of others

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If they're capable of space travel they have their choice of resource rich planets and asteroids, earth really has little of value

It's a typical earth centrist view that earth is some kinda special planet, it isnt, get over it

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

didnt war bring about Nazi germany in the first place?
the 3rd reigh just got into popularity with the germans overnight?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Resource hungry? well the galaxy/universe is filled with resources. For example, hydrogen gas clouds as big as our galaxy (add air o2 you have water) and asteroids alone are filled with all sorts of metals.

I guess they want our trees. Oh wait that is a natural resource so NATURALLY they should be everywhere.

Just like a old man to think someone wants to rob him when they meet someone new. haha

S&F just for thinking tho. Makes one wonder...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

This is so absurd and incorrect that I would have to call it fear mongering propaganda.

Point # 1 ) If aliens wanted us dead, we already would be dead.

Point # 2 ) If hostile aliens approached, they would have orbital bombardment capabilities and would be able to destroy Earth in seconds.

Just because humans want to destroy everything they see, it does not follow that all other lifeforms will also be as negative and twisted.

Could not have said it better myself.

Plus, Stephen Hawking is an idiot. Why people listen to him is beyond me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join