It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Criticizes Manufacturers of 'Blood Libel' as Proponents of Speech Limits Cite Sharron Angle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Palin Criticizes Manufacturers of 'Blood Libel' as Proponents of Speech Limits Cite Sharron Angle Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

Sarah Palin made a call to conscious Wednesday for those who would manufacture "a blood libel" for last weekend's Arizona shooting, saying "acts of monstrous brutality ... begin and end with the criminals who commit them, not collectively" with Americans exercising their constitutional freedoms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I decided to lead with the Fox coverage, as that is her official mouth piece.

Honestly, I'm disappointed with the speech. I would have like to see her commit to toning down the language, as Congress has. Time will tell if anyone actually means it, but I would loved to have seen that.

As Congress came together this morning to honor the killed and injured, Palin came out swinging. Ehhh, what does one expect.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
im sure the entire us jewish community is already quite aware of the common synagogue link in the tucson tragedy.

90% percent of america wont see BLOOD LIBEL as an offensive term... but this could very well be an additional insult GIFFORDS and all those BACKING GIFFORD'S CRITICISM of palin's target poster.

remember it was GIFFORD who complained on television that she felt threatened by palins poster.

and PALIN was threatening her political position.

overall, a very POOR if not SUSPECT choice of words

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This looks to me like another attempt to redirect the population's attention from Wikileaks to Arizona to Palin. An 8 minute speech, a pretty good speech, its message gets derailed by a single term which she used wrong. Whether Palin was dumb enough to insert that term or her speech writers did, it will nevertheless be another TMZ-style news story.

America media is absolute trash.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Can't she let the funerals be accomplished before charging out with her defense.
She put "targets" on her site, and she in particlar was quoted by a woman who is in a Hospital fighting for her life after being shot in the head.

We are trying to calm ourselves after this terrible tragedy and this Bimbo Barbie from Alaska just wants to keep spinning and spinning and spinning. Her 15 minutes are up, but she sure is clinging you betcha!

Guilt much, Guilt much Fox News and Pundits????????????????????????????

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistressSOPHIA
im sure the entire us jewish community is already quite aware of the common synagogue link in the tucson tragedy.

90% percent of america wont see BLOOD LIBEL as an offensive term... but this could very well be an additional insult GIFFORDS and all those BACKING GIFFORD'S CRITICISM of palin's target poster.

remember it was GIFFORD who complained on television that she felt threatened by palins poster.

and PALIN was threatening her political position.

overall, a very POOR if not SUSPECT choice of words

You know, honestly, that wasn't my first thought as to what she meant, but I see how you arrived there, and Giffords being Jewish doesn't help Palin at all. Personally, I don't think Palin even understands the meaning of the term, go figure.

I'm sure she didn't write the speech, which makes me wonder if her "team" is done with her, or if she just hired idiots. Just seems this is not her week, and every time she moves, it's wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
Can't she let the funerals be accomplished before charging out with her defense.
She put "targets" on her site, and she in particlar was quoted by a woman who is in a Hospital fighting for her life after being shot in the head.

We are trying to calm ourselves after this terrible tragedy and this Bimbo Barbie from Alaska just wants to keep spinning and spinning and spinning. Her 15 minutes are up, but she sure is clinging you betcha!

And that was my point. The funerals have yet to occur, Congress gave a joint speech of grief this morning, Obama is going to speak shortly about the tragedy, and then there's Palin's speech which I didn't find as sympathetic as I found to be more of a...well as I said, come out swinging it's not my fault sort of thing.

I in no way expected she would take responsibility for the shooting, but as many other congress members have, I would've liked to have seen her say she would be more responsible in the language she chooses to use. Without that bit, I feel that she could have released this later. I understand people were hungry for some sort of response, and that's what they got, some sort of response, not the response I was looking for.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mistressSOPHIA

I can see Team Palin's anti-semitism showing!

I am curious about the synagogue connection, do you have a link?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

And that was my point. The funerals have yet to occur, Congress gave a joint speech of grief this morning, Obama is going to speak shortly about the tragedy, and then there's Palin's speech which I didn't find as sympathetic as I found to be more of a...well as I said, come out swinging it's not my fault sort of thing.

I in no way expected she would take responsibility for the shooting, but as many other congress members have, I would've liked to have seen her say she would be more responsible in the language she chooses to use. Without that bit, I feel that she could have released this later. I understand people were hungry for some sort of response, and that's what they got, some sort of response, not the response I was looking for.

Well back at you with respect. The time is now is to be quiet and respectful. To bow our heads thankful that we live in a Free Country. To feel, if just for a moment the grief of a beautiful child's parents - and collectively carry a bit of that ourselves. To look inside, at the times we fought when maybe a compromise could have been reached. A time to realize when those around us take the fight too far and might need help.

If Mrs. Palin could not have added to the respect of this moment, until at the very least funerals have been accomplished - while the whole nation at large seems to be capabile of doing so - one has to wonder about her judgement. It is SHE that has pulled the spotlight on herself - AGAIN, and in the process, probably out of ignorance used a term that I did not understand until today and now I see will just add to the offense of not being able to just keep her mouth shut and show respect. So here she is on the BIG TEE-VEE thingy she seems to use to her advantage - and then attack others for - if it in any way comes back to haunt her and it is even suggested she has in any way errored in judgement.

So now we will have more defense on her part about her "word usage" and how it is just her alone that is attacked, targeted, smeared - sniff, sniff, sniff. She could have waited until NEXT WED to post her message - but NO lets do this NOW, while everyone else is trying to sort it all out. SARAH PALIN IS NOT, NOT, NOT the victim here - what the H e double LL is the matter with this woman?

edit on 12-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

That would be great if her own team decided to hang her out to dry.
I actually was not familiar with the term, but if I was about to read a speech with it in it i would stick out to me and I think I honestly would ask or look it up. Even if out of fear of just looking stupid. Then when I saw what it meant heads would roll.

edit on 12-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Paul Krugman couldn't wait to jump in with his political BS.
Don't whine about Gov. Sarah Palin defending herself with an outstanding speech.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

IN a very raunchy manner she is simply trying to cover herself. What is is. Her true intents, her true inner self is finally revealing . SHe is a bad seed who needs to get out of the public eye. america has far to many star struct morons to have her loose in politics.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

She is governor of nothing, stop calling her that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

She is governor of nothing, stop calling her that.

Once you are governor or president you get to keep that title the rest of your life.
--- President Bill Clinton, etc. ---------------
That's the way it works here in the USA.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why should she be quiet? I keep hearing out of respect, where are the same cries for the liberal media idiots that she has to defend against? Another case of hypocrasy that saddly, is to be expected today.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I cannot stand Sarah Palin, but I was not offended by the use of the term "Blood Libel". She often says stupid things out of context, like most politicians and pundits.

I'm far more offended by all the blame game going on.

Jared Loughner is mentally ill. He wasn't a Tea Party activist. He wasn't Jewish. He is a Nihilist. He would not give a religious preference at MEPS since he hated religion and G-d. He embraced the writings of Karl Marx and Adolf Hitler.

Yet the media and politicians want to play partisan idiocracy rather than focus on the truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Well, I can only speak for myself, I feel that if she wanted or needed to release something now then it simply should have been a solemn note (speech, whatever) and if she desired to mention the media coverage aimed at her to very simply state that now is not the time for that and she will gladly address her feelings on that after the victims have been laid to rest.

I understand that you feel the media has been overly aggressive, had she kept it to itself, she may have been able to play out the victim card. To it seems she returned the volley which means game on.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

"outstanding"??? Too little, too late and horribly charged with yet more controversy....but, aside from that...huh??:

Don't whine about Gov. Sarah Palin defending herself with an outstanding speech.

Do you mean the former HALF-governor who QUIT before her (FIRST) term was finished? Who RESIGNED from the elected post, for no reason fathomable....other than the what seems in evidence, her own self-aggrandizement and personal financial gain, as a "private citizen"....inculcated in the public sector, and unencumbered by the restrictions of being an elected office-holder.

Why not look at the history of the 2006 Alask gubernatorial election:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I get a sick kick out of people that defend her work history while omitting the facts that

1. she quit midway through her first term (as you mentioned)

2. she left a disgraced subject of investigation for ethical violations, in a case that she is still begging for more time to turn over her emails. She has requested enough extensions that the extensions are longer than the amount of time she served
What's she hiding?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I ran across an article Monday with the words "Blood Libel" in the heading. After listening to her video today, I heard her use the same words and it makes me wonder if she borrowed from this article. Palin is being hammered today in the MSN leading me to believe, however distasteful the timing is, the media is taking advantage of an opportunity to cast a hard blow toward her political rhetoric. Both parties, I believe, want to rid themselves of her. The Republicans have to use caution with their methods because of her Tea Party affiliation. They could lose valuable votes if she cuts ties with the party. She is literally becoming a thorn in their side.

online.wsj.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join