It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest logical hole in alien influence of ancient society.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why would creatures with presumably warp drive technology and other cool stuff teach Humans how to cut rocks and build big stuff? Of all the stuff they have, why teach that?

Now I've heard worship. But the flaw remains. What is their need? Why do they need us? And how can you know they even understand worship or religion, that they even look like us or are anything like us?
edit on 8-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You gotta teach your workers how to work!
And that's all in the ancient texts, so there's your rebuttal.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Kinda a weak question

Do you teach a two year old how to ride a bike?
Do you think our minds could have handled even something like cell phones back then and that is only thousands of years later...not even millions of years later tech
you think airplanes and spacecraft would have done them well...
how about giving them a advanced arsenal? good Idea?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If the ancient alien theory is correct perhaps the reason it seems they only built huge structures Is because that is all that remains. also It may have to do with the Aliens wanting humans to evolve and create technology's on their own without ET help. Or there is always the "giving a monkey a handgun" analogy.
edit on 8-1-2011 by TruthWizard because: typo

edit on 8-1-2011 by TruthWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard
If the ancient alien theory is correct perhaps the reason it seems they only built huge structures Is because that is all that remains. also It may have to do with the Aliens wanting humans to evolve and create technology's on their own without ET help. Or there is always the "giving a monkey a handgun analogy".
edit on 8-1-2011 by TruthWizard because: typo

They were giving them a jump start into their evolution.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by antibren
Kinda a weak question

Do you teach a two year old how to ride a bike?
Do you think our minds could have handled even something like cell phones back then and that is only thousands of years later...not even millions of years later tech
you think airplanes and spacecraft would have done them well...
how about giving them a advanced arsenal? good Idea?

I'm pretty sure that if you took a child from 1000 years ago and raised them today they'd be on the wii or xbox just like any other kid.

Or you cant a child from today back 1000 years and they'd be carving rocks.

Are you saying that 1000 years ago humans were lass able to learn?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think the biggest flaw in your question is you're trying to apply human logic to a hypothetical alien's actions. How do you know they think like us? Not saying I necessarily believe in the alien astronaut theory, but I don't believe this is an argument against it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
this is a pretty weak question.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Cutting rocks and building seems like a good start.
Should they have per-registered them with AOL and got them nice service plans for their cell phones.

Your point is pretty dull.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There are countless possibilities for their influence.
We could simply be an experiment of theirs:

They wipe out the dinosaurs to "clean the slate" or "plow the fields" to plant a hybrid species of themselves.

The could be growing us for something we have yet to understand. Maybe harvesting souls or spirits to use as their source of energy or to build up their own race.

They know we would see them so they made us believe they are our gods. They could have given us technology a long time ago through knowledge, but the knowledge has been lost.

We could be the only other lifeforms they have come across thus far and they played a bigger role in our creation.

We could be a rare type of bacteria living on this planet and they come here to observe and document us.

Or

This life could just be the first stage in growing into them. Maybe when we die, we are taken by them. Maybe we knew that a while ago and working with them built monuments to help them find where the cities were located.

Who knows hahaha. I believe they are still here.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Why do we teach rats to navigate mazes? Big science project for some bored alien kids maybe?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The only aliens i know have no physical bodies, intelligent but cannot use tools. They can shapeshift and become the tool or part they need but it has drawbacks. It usually takes numerous beings joining together and remaining that way for as long as the need for the part exists.

They do have alternatives, they can grow bodies, usually golem type grays or they can possess any living creature and use it until they are finished or the creature dies. They can create robot bodies out of almost anything but all require a large contingent of rather small entities to operate them.

These entities are subterranean and are comfortable in stone. Unlike us, they have free movement because they are aphysical. They are the originators of all the great mysteries, they are still present in them.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

Yes people 1,000 or even 10,000 years ago had the capacity to learn how to use advance tech as its believed the structure of the brain has not changed much in that time, BUT ( in my opinion) giving high end tech to those people would not advance them as they would not understand the principles behind that tech therefore they would not have the motivation or interest to develop any further. For example look at any really spoilt rich kid and they don't (often) grow into well rounded, constructive individuals, they tend to expect things done for them.

Our current position makes us believe we have earned the right to wield the tech we do.

The question then posed is that 'Isn't it a slow process?' Not really, what is several thousand years to a species that potentially could have been advanced for millions of years?

However its all speculation at the end of the day.

Peace
edit on 8-1-2011 by Jamjar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Yea. I would assume such work would range from warrior to engineer. Building a big pyramid isn't such work.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think we were genetically engineered to mine for them. And after our usefulness ended, or it became inconvenient for them to stay, they left. Which leads me to ask, how much God is a test tube baby entitled to? I mean us. If we can engineer life, how valuable is it?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If the theory is true, could be so that we know the basics first. That we know how to make things in a more basic way and aren't just relying on technology, because if we did we'd be absolutely stuck if it broke and not know what to do.

Or possibly because some of them are just slavedriving, miserable vampires that don't really care, and preferred to see us suffer for thousands of years before they gave us the cool stuff.

Or maybe so that when they decided to make contact with us on a bigger level later on in our history they had something that'd make us interested in them. If they gave us all the most advanced technology thousands of years ago and wanted to still have a level of control later on in our history, they'd be pretty screwed wouldn't they? Because we'd not be bothered about what they had to offer as we'd already have it.

Also that yeah, giving us the most advanced stuff could kind of be like setting a bunch of gorillas loose in a nuclear power plant and telling them to have fun. (with all respect to Gorillas of course.)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Why would creatures with presumably warp drive technology and other cool stuff teach Humans how to cut rocks and build big stuff? Of all the stuff they have, why teach that?

Now I've heard worship. But the flaw remains. What is their need? Why do they need us? And how can you know they even understand worship or religion, that they even look like us or are anything like us?
edit on 8-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

These fews words should suffice for their actions: benevolence, compassion, empthy, a grander intelligence than you can imagine and (blush) maybe even.love.

It is absolutely ridiculous for you to call such acts a "flaws." If they were so flawed, then we have that flaw too..

Note my continuing first statement in my signature. It was intended for those that a limited view of what the universe is all about. Please feel free to take up meditation and discover what "cosmic consciousness is all about

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Look into the entire concept of sacrifice as well.

To terminate some one's life is a big task and one that needs reasoning. Our ancient ancestors believed in sacrificial tradition to promote content with the Gods whom they believed controlled many aspects of survival.

Ask yourself this: What would fuel a society so far that it would make it an honor to be sacrificed? Would there need to be cold/hard evidence of a higher presence at the time to promote this type of practice? Also, what conclusions can you draw when Bob Lazar stated that ETs refer to us as containers and various other theorists claim they feed of off glandular secretions?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
hey well unlike the people who just straight out call your statement 'weak' without really thinking of it, I think you do have a point. All of you do. For instance you don't teach your 2 year old to ride a bike but you teach it to ride a bike once it turns 5. You don't teach your 2 year old how to walk then leave it and never return. I myself don't really believe in the ancient astronaut theory but anythings possible. Also like some other dude said the huge none rotting/rusting/dissolving towers and pyramids and buildings could be all that's left.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
These fews words should suffice for their actions: benevolence, compassion, empthy, a grander intelligence than you can imagine and (blush) maybe even.love.

It is absolutely ridiculous for you to call such acts a "flaws." If they were so flawed, then we have that flaw too..

Note my continuing first statement in my signature. It was intended for those that a limited view of what the universe is all about. Please feel free to take up meditation and discover what "cosmic consciousness is all about

Not going to knock you for suggesting meditation, but when it comes to flaws, looking at the last few thousand years of our history and the misery we've gone through seems pretty flawed to me. The problem comes when trying to work out exactly why we've had to go through it at all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join