It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamification of Britain: record numbers embrace Muslim faith

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The Islamification of Britain: record numbers embrace Muslim faith

The number of Britons choosing to become Muslims has nearly doubled in the past decade, according to one of the most comprehensive attempts to estimate how many people have embraced Islam. Following the global spread of violent Islamism, British Muslims have faced more scrutiny, criticism and analysis than any other religious community. Yet, despite the often negative portrayal of Islam, thousands of Britons are adopting the religion every year

The Independent

I find this very interesting. The overwhelming impression I get from the experiences of the converts mentioned in the article is one of acceptance and peace. I am sure some will try to show this as evidence of Muslims taking over Britain. But these people have found something and are content.

It's a counter to all the propaganda in the media about Muslims.
edit on 8/1/11 by Kram09 because: Spelling and typos

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Hey, to each his own bro. If it is the truth, well, so what. People can be any religion they so choose. Its all about people making a choice to live the way they want to live and be happy the way they live it. Just because someone is Islamic does not mean they follow the same criteria as every other Muslim. I hope for nothing but the best for the U.K. Even if they became a total Islamic Country and remained peaceful, well then, who can complain? I do not believe all Muslims are hate mongers and terrorists. Last time i checked, there were whack jobs from every walk of life.

People have been converting to Islam for years in the States. You just don't really hear about it that much.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Do they even have Christians in Britain anymore?

I know they have some old churches but I thought they were all converted to mosques a long time ago.

I expect the royals and peers and whatnot to flee for the US at some point leaving the peasants to fend off the invading hordes with umbrellas and fish sticks!

The muslims will take the island. There is no doubt about that any more.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

[

I find this very interesting. The overwhelming impression I get from the experiences of the converts mentioned in the article is one of acceptance and peace. I am sure some will try to show this as evidence of Muslims taking over Britain. But these people have found something and are content.

It's a counter to all the propaganda in the media about Muslims.
edit on 8/1/11 by Kram09 because: Spelling and typos

Well good for them. I am sure that 99.99% of them will abhor the tortured souls who become bombers and or fundamentalists.

I expect the haters will now fill this thread with Islamophobic garbage.

edit on 8-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Just as I expected....

Don't be so ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

I know they have some old churches but I thought they were all converted to mosques a long time ago.

I expect the royals and peers and whatnot to flee for the US at some point leaving the peasants to fend off the invading hordes with umbrellas and fish sticks!

Well we have Christians in the UK. We also have churches. Some of the Old Anglican churches have been sold off for individual homes and some for social housing. May be a few churches have been sold for mosques but I have no stats.

We also have a thriving born again movement so there are Chrisitans there too.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is a slightly sensationalist piece of journalism. The article says around 5,000 a year convert to Islam, this out of a population of over 60million (of which just under 3million are thought to be Muslims)- hardly ground breaking. It even goes on to say the estimated comparative annual figures for France and Germany are 4,000 for each of them, yes the population of these countries are both slightly higher, but nevertheless, not exactly an exceptional difference.
edit on 8-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

There are 42 Million out of 60 million people that identify themselves as Christians in the UK and around 1 in 10 of them regulary attend Church. We also have hundreds, if not thousands, of churches, most of which are still used as such. In the town where I live we have 3 Churches, all still functioning and all within a mile of each other.

To be honest, you'r post smacks of an opinion, based on limited knowledge, wrapped up as a statement of fact. We're not about to be swamped by Muslims and the number of people converting to Islam is still tiny. 90% of the 60+ million people in the UK define themselves as White British, with the vast majority of them describing themselves as either Christian or atheist. Adding up the figures, 71% claim to be christian and 15% claim to be atheist, that doesn't leave much room for the rest of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

In the same way the Mexicans will take the southwest US? Focus on your own backyard, it is in greater need of attention than ours. 2,000,000 muslims compared with 46,000,000 identified Christians is not an invasion.
edit on 8-1-2011 by ProudtobeEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It woul dbe very interesting to ascertain how many Moslems actually cease practising. I know of at least one staunch moslem who renounce Islam when he married his Xtian wife. Ahhh the power of a skirt and nice legs (lol).

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hmmmm..

Islam actually is one of the worlds fastest growing religions if I remember correctly.

If you feel that in some form Islam is "winning" and Christianity is "losing" in the UK. The question would have to be "Why?". In some respects religion can be boiled down to business concepts of marketing and product.

Consider 2 stores - Store A and Store B sell much the same product when you strip away all the packaging. However, Store A gains customers and Store B loses customers. Store B must do something or it will go out of business.

The plain truth of the matter is these converts are choosing Islam. They have to be seeing something there they are not seeing in Christianity, Atheism, Judaism, Buddhism, etc...

To go back to Store A and Store B. Store B could just get mad and watch itself go out of business - or it could genuinely think, "Our root products are much the same - so why do people like Store A better? What do I need to change to draw customers?"

If they are choosing Islam over Christianity do not blame Islam or the mosque. Blame modern Christianity and the church for not meeting the needs of the people and see what needs to change.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Indeed.

I also suspect that the majority of these converts are young and female. young because they are impressionable and if something is sold right, they will lap it up, be it Islam or the latest iCrap. Female, because they've fallen for an Islamic guy (nothing wrong with that) and convert to please the family so they can marry.

I've seen many white Islamic converts in my home town and the bulk of them seem to be female. That said, I'm not sure how to spot a male muslim, apart from the beard, but then I sport one too and I bow down to no God.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh dear
I spent some time away from ATS but when I come back I find that the usual FOX news idiots are still in full effect. Thankfully Stu is still here and I wonder how he has managed to stay sane! Won't say anything else because mike, your not even worth entering into a debate with! I'll grab myself a teabag and make a brew. OOH does that make me a Teabagger?

[dontfeedthetroll.jpg]

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ridcully

Hehe, I only come on ATS when doing a night shift and, trust me, dealing with these types keeps me sane! It's also educational, I was telling another chap in another thread that since joining ATS, I've learnt so much just so I can have these debates.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Naaah Stu
It may be men that are more converting to Islam as it gives the man a clear identity especially when it come to women. I am not knocking Islam but I am knocking a certain kind of male that may be a bit unsure of his place in the world.

If you are wrong you owe me a pint of cold Magners. you can choose the pub.

Rgds

T

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I've seen many white Islamic converts in my home town and the bulk of them seem to be female. That said, I'm not sure how to spot a male muslim, apart from the beard, but then I sport one too and I bow down to no God.

That's interesting, one of the things the Christian church here in the states has struggled with has been that it tends to draw many females and few males. On the other hand, worldwide, Islam is supposed to be fairly equal in male / female from what I recall. But, I have no idea what the stats are for the UK.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Not going to argue with that, just saying what I've seen, which is quite a few White girls in burkhas and Niqabs whereas I have yet to meet a white guy who has converted. I know they are out there though, just haven't met one!

EDIT: Might buy you a pint anyway if you ask nicely, always looking for new drinking buds!
edit on 8/1/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Looks like Christians or those of Christan believes in UK are losing their faith in the manufactured son of god Jesus.

Now they are trying to find another Messiah and Mohamed seems to be the new fashion, until people starts to realized eventually that he is nothing but another manufactured Messiah like Jesus.

Time just in time people will find the realities of religions and then perhaps the world renounce to false Messiahs and embrace enlightenment, then we all will live in real peace, while mohamed and jesus rot in oblivion.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Interesting thread given the recent media news:
www.international-issues.org...

Personally I've seen this quite often. Fair play to any religious convert, male or female, if you really need an invisible sky wizard to find meaning in life then Mohammed is as good as any I guess

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

Oh dear
I spent some time away from ATS but when I come back I find that the usual FOX news idiots are still in full effect. Thankfully Stu is still here and I wonder how he has managed to stay sane! Won't say anything else because mike, your not even worth entering into a debate with! I'll grab myself a teabag and make a brew. OOH does that make me a Teabagger?

[dontfeedthetroll.jpg]

Oh so i assume you don't believe Islamification is real? its been happening islam doesn't have to conquer the world through war you know that? they can conquer it through peacefully means.

I am sad to hear that Britain is embracing an religion that shows no intolerance towards others.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join