It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
One CAN get the insanity please even if one premeditates something.

It's a lot more complicated than it seems - the actual delusional structure someone that is influencing someone is taken into consideration. IE If I didn't kill those demons at that store, the world would end and everyone in it would die.

There's also Guilty but Mentally Ill to consider. That's a bit more popular today - that locks someone away but in a mental hospital vrs a prison if they need extensive treatment.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
VIDEO: Gabrielle Giffords warns Sarah Palin there will be consequences.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Ah, I really don't want to clutter this up either, but I think there is a relevant point to be made from your, and Aeon's comments.

In fact, it might be the crux of the whole issue.

What any of us - perceive - the world to be. And then - if we realize that the world is not what we perceived it to be - most people will have some negative reaction - to being simply disillusioned to a complete mental fracturing. That may lead to violence.

I think we must strive to have a realistic view of the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

I don't know about you, but sometimes I have a really hard time knowing what is real or not lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
More senseless violence.

Sadly, they could've stopped the would-be assasin if there were armed guards...

Being in politics they should be aware some people are litterally gunning for you.

My thoughts are with her and her family.

This is a sad day for the second ammendant.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
One of the dead victims was a political aide to Giffords. I wonder, what duties this aide performed. Were they ever involved in the internet part of the media the Congresswoman maintains? Let us all hope the police and investigators are several steps ahead of us in this piecing together of the puzzle.

I just read the aide killed was Gabe Zimmerman, title, director of community outreach.

firedoglake.com...
edit on Sun, 09 Jan 2011 14:59:26 -0600 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Maybe now people will see why open carry is a good thing. More likely though they will just listen to the backwards logic and think it is a good idea to ban guns.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Maybe now people will see why open carry is a good thing. More likely though they will just listen to the backwards logic and think it is a good idea to ban guns.

Arizona has both open carry and concealed without permit.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yeah I know, but obviously no one there was using that right. Unless they were just cowards?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

You weren't there. Like I said, we had neighbors, we had community, people said hello to one another, etc. People ignored what was wrong? "You" got away with nothing when I was a kid.

I also remember a community like that when I was little. (Before the late sixties when we moved to Westchester)

There was a sense of community and no problems were not "swept under the rug" We had the town drunk and the town took care of his wife and kids. They got food and clothing and dental and medical help, FREE.

When he beat up his wife my Mom helped organize the group of men (including the minister) who went and had a "talk" with the guy.

Unfortunately that type of community is long gone and was deliberately killed. click

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yeah I know, but obviously no one there was using that right. Unless they were just cowards?

Given the previous threats against the Rep., and the fact there was also a federal judge there, those folks who were bothering to show up probably didn't really suspect they'd need to. Better question is, given the political power in that room, where was the security? Police? Body Guards? Even a store security guard?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

They still exist in the really country areas, we take care of each other. I suppose it is just because it is smaller communities, where everyone knows everyone.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Cowards for not pulling their gun in a group of people? Uh Yeah! Whatever!

The interesting thing about "Gun States" - - - they tend to take the responsibility and right very seriously.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What the hell are you going to carry a gun for, if not for a situation like that? A nutcase shooting random people, you have a gun, you pull it and put him down.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just saw that the FBI found a letter from Giffords in the shooter's home, thanking him for attending some previous political event. The letter dated from 2007. Could this guy have been a supporter in the past and now disillusioned for some reason?

Also, the entire incident apparently was caught on security tape.

Link

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

So the solution is not to let everyone have a gun, it is to FORCE everyone to have a gun.
Bet that 9 year old would have been a really good shot.

Face it, this is a great example of how all this "if everyone COULD open carry this sort of things would not happen." Everyone could and it did.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

I still don't see it. There's nothing concrete here that convinces me this is the same person. Has anyone made a list of why they think this is him on ATS (maybe there's a thread?)

A few of the same phrases and acronyms just aren't cutting it with me. Sorry to be dense. Maybe I've missed something, but nothing I've read either in this thread or at that link you post is glaringly obvious.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Bet that 9 year old would have been a really good shot.

No - 9 is too young to legally carry a gun.

But there is no age on marksmanship.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

....I think there is a relevant point to be made from your, and Aeon's comments.

In fact, it might be the crux of the whole issue.

What any of us - perceive - the world to be. And then - if we realize that the world is not what we perceived it to be - most people will have some negative reaction - to being simply disillusioned to a complete mental fracturing. That may lead to violence....

There was a very real difference in American society before the 1970's and after. This is not a "perceived" difference but a very real difference as anyone who actually lived through it can tell you. As far as I am concerned the concepts of "honor and trust" died.

See:
en.wikipedia.org...:US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg

en.wikipedia.org...
Richard Nixon's 1970's War on drugs www.druglibrary.org...
Richard Nixon (1971) abandons gold standard www.cmi-gold-silver.com...
www.epa.gov...
www.dol.gov...

The outlines the actual plan to wipe out American Society: farmwars.info...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

It is just frustrating to me that everyone there COULD have had a gun, but didn't. If everyone did have a gun, the dude would have been swiss cheese before he could get off 18 shots.
edit on Sun, 09 Jan 2011 15:35:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join