It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Whoa, I actually screenshot his profile when this first came up. Check this out:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a95215a5f57.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Well the Sherrif thinks he worked with someone else. Unless that someone else was just as distrubed and irrational as he is(and shared his same psychotic disdain for NASA) than it stands to reason that his Raison d'etre for doing what he did will remain a mystery. If it was illogical, than simply any little trivial thing could have served as his reason.

I still suspect that he was the product of trauma-based mind control. His schizophrenic rantings online make him an obvious scapegoat. He will be considered insane and nothing more will be thought of it. They could have made him that way or they could have simply abducted him, programmed him and sent him off. At the end of the day, an irrational visceral person who doesnt think logically, wont be able to discern truth from falsehood. He will consider his emotional 'logical' or feeling sufficient to carry out a mass murder. This is why a few of the 3 named killers were already insane people. They're pretty easy to use for these purposes.

Of course. This is all just speculation.

We wont ever know.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Seriously? You guys are going to make a big deal about people having middle names. Most of the population has a middle name.

You use a middle name in the press and justice because that is your legal name, and your first and last name are shared by a number of other people. A middle name and a local might help eliminate you being mixed up with some crack pot.

Uh...save for the fact that the shooter addressed himself using a middle name in his YouTube videos.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
"The population of dreamers in the United States of Ameria is less than 5%" Jared Laughner from his you tube channel.
This quote strikes me as I believe it could be true. In fact many things he said in his videos are true. We are all basically sleepwalking at this point. Many of us maybe not on here are complactant and just live as if we are not aware of our own demise. I don't really think he is insane or even that his thoughts are wrong.
I agree with him on many of his points I just don't agree with his methods.

What is interesting is his mentioning of "Conscience Dreaming." Anyone have any further info on that? It sounds like something that consumed him.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ok, wait....why is there a duplicate of this thread???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...can we consolidate to just one of these please to avoid confusion? Mods? Thx!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Having looked at his youtube account I saw that he supposedly read some intresting books while at school:

Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
In this video:

www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/nHoaZaLbqB4

It says he's a military recruit at MEPS in Phoenix

www.mepcom.army.mil...

And he says the US Govt is brainwashing its citizens by controlling 'grammar'.

This is eerie stuff. In another thread it mentions something about a bird he saw, and posted comments on someones Myspace page. Hallucination maybe, something about a comet too.

Very, very strange case.

Many Native American and world-wide ancient cultures give meanings to when one sees a certain bird or animal. It has a real and true meaning. I am more interested in this "controlling grammar." How does government control grammar?

What was interesting was how he was talking about the MEPS in PHX handing out Bibles...that sounds a little strange to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is a tragedy, but i doubt that its going to be the only one in the future. People who looses touch with society, or that are being left out by the society. Will do acts like this.

The society hates everything about people like him, and he hates everything about our society. But the society don't care about people like him until he does something stupid and kill.

He is getting a lot of attention now. After he killed.

There will be more, because we dont care about the others until they do something stupid as well.

We call people like him Wackos. But do we do anything about it? No.

But we might be able to shoot them at some point, if we catch them in a criminal act. That makes people happy.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
Politically motivated murder. He shot her point blank then began spraying at the crowd. This is what happens when you combine ATS and right-wing extremism.

Nice assumption; the ultra-liberal New York Times is reporting this guy had long classified himself as a liberal. His high school classmates are saying the same thing.

Frankly, I'm intelligent enough to realize this person was too mentally damaged to be considered to have a valid affiliation with any political party. Open your mind and give thinking a shot.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

While it's hard to discern what it is he actually is saying, I'm thinking that mind control through grammar was meant to mean something along the lines of Neuro-Linguistic Programming to this individual.

Basically in a nutshell, choice words and actions to influence a target audience. Although making the leap to "mind control" by the "government" seems a little far...
edit on 9-1-2011 by Stuffed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

Originally posted by mr-lizard
In this video:

www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/nHoaZaLbqB4

It says he's a military recruit at MEPS in Phoenix

www.mepcom.army.mil...

And he says the US Govt is brainwashing its citizens by controlling 'grammar'.

This is eerie stuff. In another thread it mentions something about a bird he saw, and posted comments on someones Myspace page. Hallucination maybe, something about a comet too.

Very, very strange case.

Many Native American and world-wide ancient cultures give meanings to when one sees a certain bird or animal. It has a real and true meaning. I am more interested in this "controlling grammar." How does government control grammar?

What was interesting was how he was talking about the MEPS in PHX handing out Bibles...that sounds a little strange to me.

I believe he meant that by controlling the way you speak, they control what you say. And my controlling what you say, they control what everyone thinks etc.

Also, we are in a state of "consious dreaming" you could say. Awake, technicallay, but we are unaware of the things going on around us. Sheeple, I suppose he meant.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Repeating the word fallacy doesnt make something fallacious.

What exactly is wrong with the model? The model itself is taken straight from a very influential psychologist (Ignatio matte Blanco) and Eidelberg uses it as his template. It makes total and complete sense.

In simple language, without resort to latin, explain to me how this model is wrong.

So far. Our conversation has gone. I posit something, you return nothing. Its as if im playing catch with myself. Youre not the only one who goes to school and has a library of books, aeon. I get you dont like my philosophical views....ok. But leave aside your emotional dislike and look straight at the crystal clear logic of how the view "hitler and Mother Theresa" (a typical moral relativist assertion. that they are both equally 'moral') are equal is cognate to the confusion produced by the illogical, indiscriminate unconscious which makes a similar symmetry between things. A culture which is based on such a philosophy will undoubtedly produce an innordinate amount of people who suffer from the above said condition. It is sensible. What can you possibly not comprehend?

The logic is fine,. its just that it conflicts emotionaly with your own deeply held views and your egoic need to defend them.

I suppose it is ironic that the Romans - whom the Jews were in complete ideological opposition towards, would devise a system pointed out fallacies in logic. Judaism is called " A religion of Reason", and even Lyceum referred to the Jews as a "nation of philosophers". My view is based on Judaism, while yours is based on the imperialist, cold hearted and SCHIZOPHRENIC romans. I say schizophrenic because they preach about reason; yet indulge in the passions. This is clearly a confused situation. They give primacy to the passions yet use reason to figure that out. Is that not a fallacy?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Snippet:

New York Times is reporting this guy had long classified himself as a liberal.

Why would someone, (who others suggest is) a liberal, want to shoot a Member of Congress who is a Member of The Democrat Party?

Interesting from Wikipedia

Giffords is serving her third term in the United States House of Representatives, having been reelected in the 2010 midterm elections. Her stance on health care reform and illegal immigration was a source of attention for those opposed to her candidacy, and has made her a recipient of criticism from various conservative groups.

edit on 9-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
For those trying to patch together 'grammar' and population control I'd recommend looking at the works and thoughts of Noam Chomsky, a brilliant abstract educationalist and conspiracy theorist in his own right.

This is the stuff they teach when you study education - so no small matter.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The first thought that came to my mind was CIA mind control. Same thing with the person mailing the pyro packages. Another step closer to getting rid of guns and controlling the population. How convenient. My condolences and prayers to the Congresswoman's many friends, colleagues, and family.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The news reports have been conflicting all day from Gabrielle Giffords dead to alive and the death toll going from 6 to 12 to 18 to 19, the number of shots from 18 to as many as 30. The gunman may have had multiple clips or multiple guns to have fired that many shots. At one point fox news reported that a child was shot a 6 year old boy and it turned out to be a 9 year old girl. All of these are examples of the different news outlets trying to be the first to report information without KNOWING the FACTS. As of right now anything that is said is speculation.
I live in Casa Grande Arizona about 45 minutes from Tucson and actually was on my way down there to go to Lindy's (a burger joint featured on Man V. Food) until i saw this report. From my personal point of view this was a senseless act of violence committed by a 22 year old mentally disturbed individual. reports say he was ex military (not sure what branch) which tells me that he was probably pushed to a breaking point and just snapped. Just last week in Chandler a man opened fire in a shopping plaza for no apparent reason.
The conspiracy nut inside me wants to believe that the two incidents are connected with the perpetrators using mind control to make these individuals open fire at random so they can change the current gun laws in this state.
However that is speculation and exactly what every news report is doing. So I am going to do the only thing I can..... PRAY...... Pray for the victims of this terrible tragedy and their families. pray for the recovery of Mrs. Giffords. and Pray that the wild wild west does not make a comeback in the place that I call home.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
Snippet:

New York Times is reporting this guy had long classified himself as a liberal.

Why would someone, (who others suggest is) a liberal, want to shoot a Member of Congress who is a Member of The Democrat Party?

Interesting from Wikipedia

Giffords is serving her third term in the United States House of Representatives, having been reelected in the 2010 midterm elections. Her stance on health care reform and illegal immigration was a source of attention for those opposed to her candidacy, and has made her a recipient of criticism from various conservative groups.

Because he's certifiably nuts...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

Certified Nuts are Liberals?

Can you find a medical report to verify this claim...Thanks

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by Kaploink

Armed or not, she is part of a corrupt group of criminals known as the United States Congress.

The U.S. Government has no qualms about shooting unarmed people they deem a threat, why should the American people?

Do you have to ask the nurse before you use the internet? That is one of the most childish pieces of nonsense I've read on ATS, and trust me, that's saying something. What about the nine year old child that's been killed - you've got no qualms about that?

Tosser

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

What he did was indeed despicable, however I disagree that he was "certifiably nuts". This individual had the intelligence to post well-crafted arguments using logic statements, purposely and intentionally posting videos with well thought out commentary, and consciously (if the dots are connected) posted coherent arguments on ATS as Erad3 where it is obvious he knew exactly what he was talking about and purposely "toyed" with people. I sure hope he does not get off on an insanity plea.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join