It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some help with silver.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So I recently got turned on to buying silver bullion. A friend of mine told me if i have any extra money kickin around to go and by .999 silver. I found myself with a couple extra bucks and off I went. I went to every conceivable place I thought I could find silver minus digging it out the ground myself. I asked and asked only to looks of confusion or chuckled at. Who would of thought that "do you have any fine silver i can purchase?" would get a chuckle. I was particularly annoyed with the jewelers help that didn't quite no what I was getting at. So after a disappointing search I returned home with no silver and a slight possible govt conspiracy but thats for a different time. I understood prior to setting out on my failed quest that the internet would be my safe return. So off to the net i went. Contacting the smaller refineries around the country and getting myself roughly a half pound of pure silver at below market cost. Granted these bars are not as pretty as some of the bigger companies i have found but .999 silver is just that regardless of the aesthetics. OK so... to the question at hand....

I have a ton of sterling I would like to melt that down to pure. I googled the hell out of it an could not find anything at all helpful. So I am a pretty practical guy and have a good mechanical understanding so to say. Who knows how to do this? i get that i need to melt it and i understand that it will require some pretty intense stuff due to crazy heat but then what...How do i remove the zinc and copper.. do i need some sort of kiln that has an exact temp setting so the copper and zinc "sweat out ?" first...Christ I dunno I need some help... Also I am in the New England area and would gladly trade product for schooling and use of equipment.

Thanks for reading!

-BC-

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
silver gold silver website will help and basically any mints you have in the area will sell silver as well hope this has helped but then have you got a safe to put it in that will be your next step and make sure it isn't easy to find or move too.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Coin shops sell silver coins, bars, and rounds. Maybe they would have an idea where you can get your silver melted as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Found this on you tube should be exactly what you wanted.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

They actually don't. Well not around these parts. The rumor on the block is all fine metals are sold to some buyer who will pay them 25% over the goin rate... I was told many times that it would be near impossible for me to find and the best place would be the net. Thank you very much for the heads up on places existing that will melt it down for me. I didn't think that it was done like that.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anhur

You my friend made my night with that video. That is simple. Very simple. Is nitric acid legal to but?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

It depends on where you are. I believe that it is legal to buy in most states.

top topics

join