It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lodge/White Lodge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Did anybody watch Twin Peaks back in the early 90's? They had this running storyline about these mystical lodges. Characters would enter them by walking through the forest and be transplanted into the lodge where many odd things happened.

There was a small person who spoke backwards and they all had weird eyes. In one scene a FBI agent was chasing after himself in the lodge and when he escaped the lodge, only his doppelganger was able to escape and lived on as the agent.

The scenary in the lodge was interesting. Every room had walls of red rose curtains and the floor was black and white zigzags. It was very interesting.

I was just curious if anyone knew what it meant or what anything in that show meant? I was interested in the show back then and I am still interested in it.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Episode 18 describes it pretty well:

The White Lodge is a place where the spirits that rule man and nature here reside.

... The Black Lodge: the shadow self of the White Lodge, a place of dark ... every spirit must pass through there on the path to perfection.

... if you confront the Black Lodge with imperfect courage, it will utterly annihilate your soul.

So it looks like the Lodges are intended to symbolize the progression of the soul through "hell" to reach "heaven".

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
MW, did you enjoy Twin Peaks and its symbolic references? I am still learning stuff everyday about that show. I believe that is David Lynch's best work. I wish it would have continued. I think it had a lot more to contribute.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slickwilly95991
MW, did you enjoy Twin Peaks and its symbolic references? I am still learning stuff everyday about that show. I believe that is David Lynch's best work. I wish it would have continued. I think it had a lot more to contribute.
David Lynch, while almost certifiable, is a creative genius, I really like most of his work, for the simple fact that it is different, and off the wall intellegant. But besides entertainment, I'm not sure what else his work contributes. I wouldn't confuse imaginative creation for anything meaningful and symbolic.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Dark, I would agree with you completely. When I said I was learning stuff everyday, I meant that I was understanding the symbolism the show continuously used. I'm sure Lynch's only real contribution is looking at the creation of a story in a different light. Watching something of his is like reading a book, because your thoughts are competing with what you are seeing. Usually when watching a movie you take what you see as what you see. When reading a book, you are lifted and usually made to think about several different things at once. That's how I view Lynch's work. I think Mulholland Drive is a perfect example of my brain working overdrive for 2 hours.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Any Masons want to add on?

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So what exactly are The Black and White Lodges?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Gnostic Glossary

Black Lodge: The diabolic intelligence which seeks to pull souls into attachment to desire-sensation and the awakening of the consciousness that is trapped within the ego. Excerpted from The Perfect Matrimony: "From the dawn of life, a great battle has raged between the powers of Light and the powers of Darkness. The secret root of that battle lies in sex. Gods and Demons live in eternal struggle. The Gods defend the doctrine of chastity. The Demons hate chastity. In sex is found the root of the conflict between Gods and Demons... There are Masters of the Great White Lodge. There are Masters of the Great Black Lodge. There are disciples of the Great White Lodge. There are disciples of the Great Black Lodge. The disciples of the Great White Lodge know how to move consciously and positively in the Astral Body. The disciples of the Great Black Lodge also know how to travel in the Astral Body... The White Magician worships the inner Christ. The Black Magician worships Satan. This is the �I,� the me, myself, the reincarnating ego. In fact, the �I� is the specter of the threshold itself. It continually reincarnates to satisfy desires. The �I� is memory. In the �I� are all the memories of our ancient personalities. The �I� is Ahriman, Lucifer, Satan."

Christ: "The Gnostic Church adores the Saviour of the World, Jesus. The Gnostic Church knows that Jesus incarnated Christ, and that is why they adore him. Christ is not a human nor a divine individual. Christ is a title given to all fully self-realised Masters. Christ is the Army of the Voice. Christ is the Verb. The Verb is far beyond the body, the soul and the Spirit. Everyone who is able to incarnate the Verb receives in fact the title of Christ. Christ is the Verb itself. It is necessary for everyone of us to incarnate the Verb (Word). When the Verb becomes flesh in us we speak with the verb of light. In actuality, several Masters have incarnated the Christ. In secret India, the Christ Yogi Babaji has lived for millions of years; Babaji is immortal. The Great Master of Wisdom Kout Humi also incarnated the Christ. Sanat Kumara, the founder of the Great College of Initiates of the White Lodge, is another living Christ. In the past, many incarnated the Christ. In the present, some have incarnated the Christ. In the future many will incarnate the Christ. John the Baptist also incarnated the Christ. John the Baptist is a living Christ. The difference between Jesus and the other Masters that also incarnated the Christ has to do with Hierarchy. Jesus is the highest Solar Initiate of the Cosmos...." - The Perfect Matrimony "Indeed, Christ is a Sephirothic Crown (Kether, Chokmah and Binah) of incommensurable wisdom, whose purest atoms shine within Chokmah, the world of the Ophani "Christ is not the Monad, Christ is not the Theosophical Septenary; Christ is not the Jivan-Atman. Christ is the Central Sun. Christ is the ray that unites us to the Absolute." - Tarot and Kabbalah.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Celibacy

Many schools exist. All of them are necessary. All of them serve to help the human being, but it is good to warn that no theory can engender the internal bodies. We have never seen anyone born from any theory. We have not met yet the first human being who is born of theories.

There are very respectable and venerable schools. These institutions have their courses of instruction and degrees. Some of them also have rituals of initiation. However, in the superior worlds the degrees and initiations from these schools are useless. The Masters of the White Lodge are not interested in the degrees and hierarchies of the physical world. They are only interested in the Kundalini. They examine and measure the spinal medulla. If the candidate has not yet raised the serpent, he is for them simply an ordinary being, like any other, even though he may occupy some high position in the physical world, or be a venerable person or some supreme Hierarch in his school or lodge. If the Kundalini has risen three vertebrae he is considered by the Masters to be an Initiate of the Third Degree, and if only one vertebra, an Initiate of the First Degree.

Thus, the Masters are only interested in the Kundalini.

Initiation

Indeed, all the initiations and degrees that many schools of the physical world confer have no value whatsoever in the superior worlds, because the Masters of the White Lodge only recognise as genuine the legitimate initiations of the Soul. These are completely internal.

Clarifications

Initiation cannot be bought with money or sent by mail. Initiation is neither bought nor sold. Initiation is your own life accompanied by the festivals of the temples.

It is necessary to avoid all those impostors who sell initiations. It is urgent to keep away from all those who give initiation by mail. Initiation is something very intimate, very secret, very divine. Avoid all those who say, "I have so many initiations, so many degrees." Avoid all those who say, "I am a Master of the Major Mysteries; I have received so many initiations." Remember, dear reader, that the "I," that the personality does not receive initiations.

Initiation is a matter for the Innermost, it has to do with the Consciousness, with the very delicate things of the Soul. One must not go about speaking of these things. No true Adept would ever use phrases like, "I am a Master of the White Lodge," "I have such and such a degree," "I have so many initiations," "I have these powers," etc., etc.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
lol

Originally posted by Midnight Watchman
Episode 18 describes it pretty well:

The White Lodge is a place where the spirits that rule man and nature here reside.

... The Black Lodge: the shadow self of the White Lodge, a place of dark ... every spirit must pass through there on the path to perfection.

... if you confront the Black Lodge with imperfect courage, it will utterly annihilate your soul.

So it looks like the Lodges are intended to symbolize the progression of the soul through "hell" to reach "heaven".

It may be all symbolic huh?

What about the Central Sun Sirius?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wasn't avoiding this thread. On the contrary, I just found it. What source are you posting from? Sounds like a mishmash of Mdme. Blavatsky and some Gnostice Christ-Buddha outfit.

There are no black or white lodges in Masonry. The only legitimate lodge is the Grand Lodge of each jurisdiction (states in the U.S.). The idea of colored lodges sounds like Leo Taxil more than any A.F.& A.M. Lodge I've ever been to (and I collect photos of lodge building archetecture.)

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Although I do know about the neurological phenomenon called "Astral Travel' (I used to do it when I was a child - I used to project, too, and I only rarely slip into it nowadays), I don't know enough about this notion of the Black/White Lodge to comment on it.

join