It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Must Kill The Dollar.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

While the entire world looks on at the despair being seen in places such as Greece and Ireland, many are failing to see what is fast becoming the worst economy in the developed world, America.

Link to Article:www.infowars.com

China is in a real quandary. They've been printing more currency to mirror the actions of the Fed. just to keep up. As a result,food inflation (along with other things) is soaring.

I might also point out that China has been subsidizing pretty much everything so far in an effort to fight inflation. From what I've heard,they are going to stop doing this and soon the real rate of inflation (in China) will hit around 8%. They will need to take hard-core action to stabilize their economy and that means cutting loose 'dead weight' from the ship,i.e. America and the Dollar.

What does this all mean? Well,it means China knows it needs to de-couple itself from the U.S. economy in order to save itself. This means letting America fall on it's own which would happen pretty quickly without China's continued support.

America is quickly being left to rot by the rest of the world. It has monetized it's debt (to the dismay of the world),switched on it's bogus money printers to 'Full-tilt Boogie' mode in an effort to keep the Merry-Go Round going a bit longer and in the process, created for itself an economic purgatory from which there is no escape.

At this point, it seems like America is just going to keep arguing over the position of the deck chairs as the ship sinks while hoping everything works out.
There seems to be no other option.
edit on 3-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

edit on 3-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: typo-misspellings

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Great, this means we wont have "made in China" all over everything anymore.

Thanks China!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

Thanks China!

All humor aside,it means even fewer jobs as companies have to further downsize to compensate for the loss of exports. This in turn means American will have 'a whole of nothing' on the shelves (as America produces little or no goods) to go along with that 'whole lot of nothing' they have in their wallets. Everything equals out in the end,I guess.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Thanks China!

ofcourse you will Nephalim, what? do you think everything you own that says 'made in China' is going to magically change it's stamp to read another country? besides all the Made in China stuff are going to be the last things America could afford so you better cherish it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

On the contrary, with less items on the shelf, we find motivation to make all of those goods; which equals the re-opening of local plants, manufacturers, businesses, grocers, farmers and jobs and an easing of all these ridiculous laws that get passed here. We will also lose some weight working instead of sitting on the couch which will shed the fat american jokes worldwide!
People can go out and grow their gardens again, open small businesses, hire US workers, grow and manage livestock...put those degrees to use, good times ahead! Go China, get to dropping that dollar naoooo! NAAAAAOOOOO! I'm stoked about it.

The thought that we are somehow unable to manufacture in mass is laughable at best, and I cant smile hard enough at how people here think them dropping the dollar is a bad thing and leaves us somehow stripped of economic power, helpless, starving and broke. If anything we are more than capable of producing all of these things ourselves. So nothing against China, but by them dropping the dollar, my country moves on and moves forward, I'm all for it, if that upsets someone, oh well but you wont see me sad about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by loagun

On the contrary, with less items on the shelf, we find motivation to make all of those goods; which equals the re-opening of local plants, manufacturers, businesses, grocers, farmers and jobs and an easing of all these ridiculous laws that get passed here. We will also lose some weight working instead of sitting on the couch which will shed the fat american jokes worldwide!
People can go out and grow their gardens again, open small businesses, hire US workers, grow and manage livestock...put those degrees to use, good times ahead! Go China, get to dropping that dollar naoooo! NAAAAAOOOOO! I'm stoked about it.

The thought that we are somehow unable to manufacture in mass is laughable at best, and I cant smile hard enough at how people here think them dropping the dollar is a bad thing and leaves us somehow stripped of economic power, helpless, starving and broke. If anything we are more than capable of producing all of these things ourselves. So nothing against China, but by them dropping the dollar, my country moves on and moves forward, I'm all for it, if that upsets someone, oh well but you wont see me sad about it.

Yes,but where does the money come from to build said manufacturing capacity? Do you really believe a company such as Apple is going to be willing to take a huge hit to it's bottom line by having to hire union labor or pay people $20+ per hour plus benefits when they can pay someone overseas $2 per hour and minimal no benefits? Not mention that the sudden hike in cost would have be subsidized by China in order to make it affordable in what is now Apple's fastest growing market. The China government would happily cut off Apple if the cost of it's products skyrocketed in a bid to develop it's own home-grown, competing products. There goes Apple's cash-cow and there go the investors (share-holders).

Do you really think Americans are going to want to pay $1500 dollars for a phone that used to cost $400 because of subsidies and cheap overseas manufacturing? Nope. Not a chance. Globalization is here to stay. Where there are huge profits and cheap labor,the market will follow. Only when America's standard of living drops in line with the emerging economies will you see any real possibility of a recovery and the return of manufacturing.

Keep smiling because that's the only thing they can't take away from you or charge you for.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Yes,but where does the money come from to build said manufacturing capacity? Do you really believe a company such as Apple is going to be willing to take a huge hit to it's bottom line by having to hire union labor or pay people $20+ per hour plus benefits when they can pay someone overseas $2 per hour and minimal no benefits?

We dont have to build that manufacturing capacity, we already have it, that's the point. When we started buying all that junk from China, our manufacturing went down, it doesn't mean the plants were torn down, just that they lost jobs and some got shut down. Investors know, they KNOW the difference between our workmanship and that of other countries, very few compete, watch that money come rollin in when people start announcing that they can now buy American again. hello stocks and quality, bye bye junk.

Besides you would be surprised at American determination and innovation; if you've never seen it, allow me to point you to the last few hundred years sans major trade with China.
Our world does not totally revolve around China man sorry. We built this country on hard work and right now it is sorely missed. Americans are chompin' at the bit to not only get back to work and compete but to show everyone how its done. If anything, China will only want to invest American once they drop the dollar, just watch.

Do you really think Americans are going to want to pay $1500 dollars for a phone that used to cost $400 because of subsidies and cheap overseas manufacturing? Nope. Not a chance. Globalization is here to stay. Where there are huge profits and cheap labor,the market will follow. Only when America's standard of living drops in line with the emerging economies will you see any real possibility of a recovery and the return of manufacturing.

Keep smiling because that's the only thing they can't take away from you or charge for you.

I think Americans will pay for American products knowing that the phones,furniture, computers and other things that they buy arent going to break in a year and they wont cost as much as you think they will, to add to that confidence, other countries will also benefit from American made quality, and I'll smile all the way to the bank while China and people like you cant figure out why the US didnt fall in this grand plan against our currency. Have fun with that humor, but you know, we just dont suck that much in America, maybe grew a little lazy over the years but even with that, we're actually very capable and even more so capable when presented with challenge.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

When true inflation hits China, it will hit the corporations as well as the masses.

No more can the masses live on $100 a month. No more can the Corporations pay higher wages and higher costs for everything, from materials to land costs and hope to profit. The only way they can profit is to jack up their prices. For example - your analogy of the iphone will no longer cost $400, but probably in the region of $800 as everyone is hit including the middlemen in charge of shipping and transportation.

At that price, Apple can forget about the 1.3 billion people market share that China provides, for none can afford it with the inflation rising on everything else.

Their market will be the world, but $800 for a piece of junk? Nope, probably many will rather revert back to Motorala phones.

Apple will have to either pack up and go to Africa and produce more worthless junk at $400 till inflation hits those states, and then ultimately return to the western hemisphere where an educated workforce awaits to take its products to greater heights on the technological table, IF it is willing to share its profits.

As for the dollar sinking, its a new reality for China, that had been living in a fool's paradise in assuming it can call the shots on the world when their people are still slaves, and have too small a middle class to support its policies. Dumping the dollar isn't going to help, for every nation right now are fiscally unstable.

Their only hope of fiscal stability is gold, either purchased or robbed at gun point. But then, every whore's son of a bitch political puppet will be doing the same. Africa - the lodestone.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
America needs to start competing with China for exports - Alternative Solution to the Union Bailouts

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Yes,but where does the money come from to build said manufacturing capacity? Do you really believe a company such as Apple is going to be willing to take a huge hit to it's bottom line by having to hire union labor or pay people $20+ per hour plus benefits when they can pay someone overseas $2 per hour and minimal no benefits?

We dont have to build that manufacturing capacity, we already have it, that's the point. When we started buying all that junk from China, our manufacturing went down, it doesn't mean the plants were torn down, just that they lost jobs and some got shut down. Investors know, they KNOW the difference between our workmanship and that of other countries, very few compete, watch that money come rollin in when people start announcing that they can now buy American again. hello stocks and quality, bye bye junk.

Besides you would be surprised at American determination and innovation; if you've never seen it, allow me to point you to the last few hundred years sans major trade with China.
Our world does not totally revolve around China man sorry. We built this country on hard work and right now it is sorely missed. Americans are chompin' at the bit to not only get back to work and compete but to show everyone how its done. If anything, China will only want to invest American once they drop the dollar, just watch.

Keep smiling because that's the only thing they can't take away from you or charge for you.

I think Americans will pay for American products knowing that the phones,furniture, computers and other things that they buy arent going to break in a year and they wont cost as much as you think they will, to add to that confidence, other countries will also benefit from American made quality, and I'll smile all the way to the bank while China and people like you cant figure out why the US didnt fall in this grand plan against our currency. Have fun with that humor, but you know, we just dont suck that much in America, maybe grew a little lazy over the years but even with that, we're actually very capable and even more so capable when presented with challenge.

The problem is transfer of technology and brain-drain. So much technology is being developed outside of America and in the hands of other countries like China that it would be incredibly difficult to catch up. Countries like China are absolutely killing the U.S in terms of patent applications now. He who holds the patent rules the court.

Besides,technology displaces workers. Everyone has on their rose-colored glasses and thinks that a return of manufacturing to America is somehow going to create a sudden boom in jobs. Not the case,there are these things now called 'lights out' factories in places like Japan where the manufacturing floor literally has no lights because the automated machinery doesn't need it and there are NO working people on the floor.

Most factories now can shave their workforce considerably with technology. There are very few things that cannot be automated. The days of the blue-collar line worker,whether it be production line or warehouse, are over. Most of these factories need engineers and technicians,who ironically,are also paid to figure ways to further automate and cut costs. And,to save cost,these same guys are also usually part of the management team. Consolidation of skills to reduce required man-power is also the new cost-saving trend.

Remember, Profits NOT people rule business.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think there should be a rule where a patent is automatically voided if it is being manufactured in a different country from where the patent was filed.

link   
We sent all of our manufacturing industries to China.

You know the same industries that poisoned our lakes, rivers, and leached into the groundwater and poisoned the very air that we breath.

China has no human rights laws, no unions and no environmental laws.

They have the same lack of foresight and forward thinking that the United States had in the early part of the 19th century when the industrial robber barons were running amok.

Cue evil laugh

edit on 3-1-2011 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

When true inflation hits China, it will hit the corporations as well as the masses.

No more can the masses live on $100 a month. No more can the Corporations pay higher wages and higher costs for everything, from materials to land costs and hope to profit. The only way they can profit is to jack up their prices. For example - your analogy of the iphone will no longer cost $400, but probably in the region of $800 as everyone is hit including the middlemen in charge of shipping and transportation.

At that price, Apple can forget about the 1.3 billion people market share that China provides, for none can afford it with the inflation rising on everything else.

Their market will be the world, but $800 for a piece of junk? Nope, probably many will rather revert back to Motorala phones.

Apple will have to either pack up and go to Africa and produce more worthless junk at $400 till inflation hits those states, and then ultimately return to the western hemisphere where an educated workforce awaits to take its products to greater heights on the technological table, IF it is willing to share its profits.

As for the dollar sinking, its a new reality for China, that had been living in a fool's paradise in assuming it can call the shots on the world when their people are still slaves, and have too small a middle class to support its policies. Dumping the dollar isn't going to help, for every nation right now are fiscally unstable.

Their only hope of fiscal stability is gold, either purchased or robbed at gun point. But then, every whore's son of a bitch political puppet will be doing the same. Africa - the lodestone.

Great post! I like your way of thinking!
I think you've helped hit the nail on the head here.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

None of that mess is going to matter if China drops the dollar Jade.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
I think there should be a rule where a patent is automatically voided if it is being manufactured in a different country from where the patent was filed.

That is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. I absolutely despise the current,convoluted patent system. It stinks.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

None of that mess is going to matter if China drops the dollar Jade.

Yeah,I know. Things are a huge,interconnected mess thanks to globalization. Everyone's mismanaged their way into a really bad corner. It's like that game where you have to take out a wooden block without collapsing the whole stack of other blocks. Which block can you safely remove?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
China has no guts to drop the dollar.

Even though China has the financial power to do it, the perception and mindset among the Chinese government haven't change that US consumers still top of the food chain. It seems China doesn't want to be on top of the food chain and it also shows its reluctance to help its suffering low-income citizens.

Power and money are nothing if the slave mentality remains. Despite tons of propaganda news about "great" China, the fact is China is still a slave to United States.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

Even though China has the financial power to do it, the perception and mindset among the Chinese government haven't change that US consumers still top of the food chain. It seems China doesn't want to be on top of the food chain and it also shows its reluctance to help its suffering low-income citizens.

Power and money are nothing if the slave mentality remains. Despite tons of propaganda news about "great" China, the fact is China is still a slave to United States.

In a sense, you are right. And China knows this all too well which is why they are in a hurry to develop their own products and domestic market. They want to create a self-sustaining economy that is 'for China,by China.' Not only is it a matter of survival but also a matter of pride. China is tired of playing 'second fiddle'. Everyone wants to call the shots in their own house,right?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

And lets hope they don't drop it, ha, we're all making out like bandits as long as they keep accepting those paper promises, lol. Man, they sure are a bunch of chumps, along with those OPEC nations. We've cheated them out of so much cool stuff and oil and in exchange for what? Paper promises? HAR, the jokes on them! And lets hope they never discover our little paper ponzi scam because, man, will they all ever be mad if they find out what all that paper is really worth. You know that stuff doesn't even make decent toilet paper. Anyhow, lets keep this quite and to ourselves, otherwise the party might be over and we'll all have to go back to work making our own stuff, ha.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The US should be making it's own stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join