It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a teacher of sorts.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
As the title states I'm looking for a teacher. Ive always been interested in the paranormal. I come from a family that has gifts as do I. I want to be able to learn methods to expand my abilities. Ive been around ATS long enough to know that this will post will generate a lock of flag and ill-mannered responses. however, I also hope it will generate some interested posters who would be able to be teachers. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Before saying anything, can you give examples of the "Gifts" you claim to have? If your family is "Gifted" why do you need to look here?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

That flack, and those ill-mannered responses are just as effective teachers as the nice posts

If you are willing to honestly explore your own "perspective," and beyond it, you will find your answers.

There is nothing to teach. Well, having compassion and love isnt too shabby

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I suggest that you find someone away from ATS as a lot of this training is best personalised and is more an apprenticeship than anything else. I was always taught there are very few haunted houses but a lot more haunted people for example.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't know what kind of use I'd be but I learned everything I know on my own with the help of a select few since I was fifteen years old. What kind of gifts do you posses? What kind of things are you "WANTING" to learn and willing to learn. That means not giving up halfway and saying oh this isn't for me or she/he isn't a good teacher. Are you willing to have patience and put up with stupidity if your teacher isn't perfect? I mean... for all you know you could have a fake on here who knows nothing of what you wish to learn and then you'd be wasting your time. Yet it would be a good lesson. That and why not learn from your other family members? Unles you have bad relations and such in which I'd love to see some proof of such a circumstance. That and there are dangers to learning. Are you willing to move through them unafraid. Lots of things for you to think about. Don't go rushing head on into this stuff until your prepared for the consequences.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Rishiana because: Had to separete a word

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by w810i

Before saying anything, can you give examples of the "Gifts" you claim to have? If your family is "Gifted" why do you need to look here?

my family on both sides are what i call gifted for lack of a more practical term. Some people call them gifts others may just call them odd. My mother had regular visitations from something through her life that at one point showed her, her sisters death down to the finest detail ie place it happened how it happened time etc. The next day she was told of her death. She predicted her own death the summer before she passed. I have aunts on my fathers side who regularly talk to who they call god, who instructs them on things and tells them when someone is in need etc.

Myself, regularly see spirits,shadow people, orbs. I've met two people on two separate occasions that I believe where angels. They knew things I had not told other people. they were able to describe occurrences in my life.
I have a knack for knowing when someone is in deep emotional trouble and are thinking of doing hurtful things. there have been a lot of other odd things through out my life.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

OK hope you find what your looking for! Probably clutching at straws to find it here though! Cheers!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
the reason why I posted was this is that after years of being here I do believe that are people on this forum that can be teachers. Those who have experienced more then I have or can give suggestions in how to learn more. Right now I want to further myself and explore my own potential. as for my family members learning from them, my mom passed away when I was 21. My aunts are somewhat tight lipped because of their religion upbringing. Ive recently started going though acupuncture treatments and using living oils in the help of unblocking my meridians and chakra's. I live in montana where this sort of thing is not the norm. not really a lot of places i can go for assistance.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

reply to post by w810i

OK hope you find what your looking for! Probably clutching at straws to find it here though! Cheers!

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

reply to post by w810i

my family on both sides are what i call gifted for lack of a more practical term. Some people call them gifts others may just call them odd. My mother had regular visitations from something through her life that at one point showed her, her sisters death down to the finest detail ie place it happened how it happened time etc. The next day she was told of her death. She predicted her own death the summer before she passed. I have aunts on my fathers side who regularly talk to who they call god, who instructs them on things and tells them when someone is in need etc.

Myself, regularly see spirits,shadow people, orbs. I've met two people on two separate occasions that I believe where angels. They knew things I had not told other people. they were able to describe occurrences in my life.
I have a knack for knowing when someone is in deep emotional trouble and are thinking of doing hurtful things. there have been a lot of other odd things through out my life.
~Laughs softly~ Mhmmm I see now. You "ARE" gifted in my book then. I was born into a family of ungifted people. My gifts to them make me seem santanic and evil and they sometimes refer to me as such. You probably feel out of place with others, hence why you come to ATS to..... how do I put this? Um..... hmmmm.... find yourself a teacher? Hmmm I'm willing to talk to you more about this in private U2s. Though before you do, reflect on this song and when you U2s me tell me what it means to you? Is it a teacher talking to you or.... or.... is it just another song? Does it having meaning to a lesson, or is it nothing at all. Based on your response I'll see how your "EMOTIONAL" connections work with music etc. Because I myself "FEEL" music more then hear or see it at times. It also sometimes gives me visions. However odd that may sound. If you get anything like that include it too. I'm looking forward to chatting with you ^_^ Place where I got the video Youtube. Used for showing something to someone. Link to song:

edit on 1-1-2011 by Rishiana because: Had to give a reason for the video

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rishiana

I'll check it out.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2/1/11 by argentus because: removed large quote; inserted 'reply to'

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I'll check it out. K ^_^ I know I may seem weird and stuff but music/human feelings and emotions, much like auras can be the same, at least that is what I have learned. Then again I'm a weird cookie. I look forward to hearing from you ^_^

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2/1/11 by argentus because: removed huge quote

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
u2 sent

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: not to be negative or trying to scare you

BEWARE
the occult or if you prefer the Hidden side of Creation is full of all sorts
head games power plays what have you
when i was in college i could've had followers and started a cult
all on the basis of me being good with the tarot cards
my method was to not have the querant [is that spelled right?] tell me their question
they were to hold the cards and in their mind ask the cards

had a pretty good prediction rate and answered questions without knowing them
4 out 5 occasions The Magus or The High Priestess would come up as "solution" in a 5 card spread
in answer to what sex will my baby be?
4 out 5 correct

I didn't charge or accept payment the whole point was to improve my psychic abilities

eventually people started to think i was some sort spiritual person even a couple of local TV actors came for a reading one of whose father was a well known [locally] psychotherapist and sort of lesser light new age guru with a few books to his credit.

innocent and naive as i was i didn't figure that out till years later

eventually i came to the attention of other kinds of people some good some bad some truly EVIL

the point is this is not something to be entered lightly especially if you are still in your teens [i get the impression you're young] be it The Art or finding a teacher .

as to the former its been described as a awakening from one nightmare to another some more interesting than others.
as to the latter keep in mind that you will eventually have to kill the Buddha when you meet him on the road.
there will come a point when THERE WILL BE NO GOING BACK, EVER.
but still i wouldn't give it up for anything.

youve been warned
and welcomed?

edit by all means ask questions here thats what these things are for but take any advice witha pinc of salt
also what works for some might not or wont for others due to individual diferences.

‘Er,’ Nesbitt hesitated, ‘is this strictly relevant?’ The Doctor shook his head. He was still smiling, but his smile faded as he spoke. ‘Not strictly, no. But I’m trying to gain your confidence and respect, remember. Trying to convince you that I know what I’m talking about and that you should act. It’s not strictly relevant, more sort of tangential. And fascinating. And frightening too, don’t you think? Consider how fragile and thin our own reality must be.’ Doctor Who BBC860 - Time Zero Justin Richards 2002

edit on 1-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit also quoted post is from a novel and not an attempt at cross posting sorry

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I appreciate your concern. However I'm not young in the least. Im not looking for new venues into the occult. I'd go buy a book on that or the like. I just believe that some people have a door open to something else within them, abilities that most of us have but are not aware of it. I believe in God however I think there is more to it then that something that humanity once was able to tap into but most now dispell it or have just forgotten how to do it. Simpy stated I want to hone my own ability.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

young at heart then, no offense[or psychic impression] meant
lol not to freak you out but are you aware that we are conversing on two of your threads at the same time?

as far as i can tell/know youre right all these psychic/siddhi/jutsu stuff is part of our natural abilities
lost or stolen long ago.

if you want to develop your gift(s):
simple answer: use them
more complicated answer: umm i beleive that could involve cross-posting
in another thread i recomended some books with a lot of good exercises
hold on im going to look up def of cross-posting
and get back to u

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
ah yes you are posting on my other post as well just noticed that. Im not sure if the short circuiting (thats what i call it) has anything to do with this post. it may or may not. I would love to be able to use this gifts whenever i wanted but since I dont know how to access it, they just sort of happen.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Dont get obsessed with the glittery items, baubles, and whiz-bangs.

Plus, i just like those words...
see? its easy to do

Either way, an.. old friend of mine gave me a lesson once. They said to me "do not worry about "things" like chakras, once you "learn" to "be" beyond the linguistic limitations of the word "be," all things will align naturally. Then, one can finally move forward"

In other words, the chakras are there, but focusing on them is the same trap we all work so hard to avoid. They, along with your "gifts," are just another thing. Our definitions on such things do nothing but limit them, and skew them to serve our already present bias.

Best of luck.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
have returned more confused does other discussion boards mean outside ats?

never mind
you should look into the books of Ophiel [Edward Peach]
his art and practice series is a treasure trove
his books and his viginettes are obtainable
seek and you shall find
cabala astral projection visualization clairvoyance tarot astrology pretty much all the major
occult stuff and their connections in a down to earth language and quite a few BIG SECRETS set along the
way for the more discerning

not selling you on anything but going by your other thread you seem to be what is known as a Natural(Seer/Magician) pat yourself on the back
however because you are a Natural you are going to have to work harder
why? it seems to be a general rule of the occult that these abilities and/or magical abilities can only be obtain after overcoming considerable opposition the greater the opposition the greater the ability
in order to regain these ancient abilities one has to completely oppose ones programing/conditioning and regain a foothold into a more primordial state of being. Honing your gifts will require a lot of self discipline on your part the above mentioned books, IMHO, many others, yoga, meditation etc (yes your are going to have to read a lot there's no escaping that) offer exercises which you can use within a system that works for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
have returned more confused does other discussion boards mean outside ats?

never mind
you should look into the books of Ophiel [Edward Peach]
his art and practice series is a treasure trove
his books and his viginettes are obtainable
seek and you shall find
cabala astral projection visualization clairvoyance tarot astrology pretty much all the major
occult stuff and their connections in a down to earth language and quite a few BIG SECRETS set along the
way for the more discerning

not selling you on anything but going by your other thread you seem to be what is known as a Natural(Seer/Magician) pat yourself on the back
however because you are a Natural you are going to have to work harder
why? it seems to be a general rule of the occult that these abilities and/or magical abilities can only be obtain after overcoming considerable opposition the greater the opposition the greater the ability
in order to regain these ancient abilities one has to completely oppose ones programing/conditioning and regain a foothold into a more primordial state of being. Honing your gifts will require a lot of self discipline on your part the above mentioned books, IMHO, many others, yoga, meditation etc (yes your are going to have to read a lot there's no escaping that) offer exercises which you can use within a system that works for you.

a natural? define that please

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join