It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess who owns most of the mining rights to the moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The same people who created SMARTCAMO. (Camo pattern that adapts to your surroundings and blends you in like a chameleon. Sci-fi sounding stuff which actually exists.)

So we’ve been sitting around the office for weeks trying to figure out Hypersealth came up with SMARTCAMO™, that color changing camo material they recently teased us with.

Then, we find out that Dr. Joseph Resnick, Lt. Col. Timothy R. O’Neill, Ph.D (U.S. Army, Ret.) and Guy Cramer (of Hyperstealth fame) have owned mineral rights for 95% of the side of the moon that faces Earth, the polar regions and 50% of the far side of the Moon since 2007. And that isn’t to mention their mineral rights on Mars!

So this has got to be it, they have found some rare mineral on the Moon that makes SMARTCAMO™ work. Now the question is, how did they get it back to Earth?

soldiersystems.net...

Now one question here which was also brought up in chat was.. how can you own the moon? How do you own ANY land? Put a flag on it. Who did that on the moon? Apparently the states did. Maybe the whole moon landing deal was just to say "WE OWN THIS NOW, HAHA".

It's just a bit odd that the only people who make this sort of camo also own parts of the moon for mining...

This is the mapped out areas where they own:
www.specintel.com...

Moon bases anyone?

edit on 30-12-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'd like to say "Anyone who can successfully get to the Moon, mine material and return it to Earth" has full rights to do so... BUT... We all know there is, or quickly would be, laws put into place by the UN/US that no one can bring back these Moon materials without consent due to hazourdous material er something lol

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You too can own part of the moon

buy acres on the moon

I personally don't think ANYONE on this planet has a right to claim land on the moon as their own but hey it's fun to buy it and get a nice certificate that says so...

We all know or at least I think I do the govts of the world will claims stake to anything they can get to.

So when do they start selling off Mars?? When they do let me know, I want Gusev Crater!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
how can you own the moon? just like they do on earth, plant a flag, claim it, then fight wars over it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I will flag your thread op, not much to say as how in sam hill can 3 individuals have mineral rights to 95 percent of the facing side of the moon from earth, when supposedly they cannot get their by todays means
it just doesn't add up? But again nothing has in my 40 plus years on this planet

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There already are such laws. Most spacefaring nations have already agreed that the moon is similar to Antarctica...i.e. NOBODY'S.

Anybody can CLAIM to own the moon, but that's only important or valid if others RECOGNIZE the claim, and I can tell you, there is no such current recognition.

Dennis Hope claimed to have found a loophole in the U.N.'s treaty that states no nation can own the moon (he simply claims he's an individual, so is exempt). Still could be a legality issue, but since no practical application, no repercussions. He's sold plenty of deeds, but so far, hasn't been successfully sued from doing so. (to my knowledge).

edit on 30-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
CHEESE! They haz CHEESE!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The real question is who did they pay for the rights? Where does the money go for moon real estate and who gave them a right to profit off the moon?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, the Clangers were there first. I`ve seen `em. They`ve got a Soup-mine there. And they whistle while they work too

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

How many hundreds of pounds of moon rocks did the Apollo missions bring back? Which by the way very few of them are on display.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

That infuriates me! WE the American public paid for the entire Moon landing and so it belongs to all of us.

What really aggravates me is that we have not even come together as a global society and learned to be earthlings yet, we have no right to stake claim off world with the same greedy, smallminded attitudes that have killed oceans and which has polluted the entire eco system in the name of power and control.

I was upset when first I heard of individuals selling land parcels on the moon, but this takes the cake S@F!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Great find.
S&F

...I totally believe this but really would like some alternate sources for verification and confirmation. Anyone found any?

Also, do you happen to know if Universal Mineral Leases Registry sells bridges too?

By International Treaty, no country is permitted to own or remove any minerals on any Celestial Body Space Law. BUT YOU CAN!!! And you can authorize others to extract the minerals to be sold and used both on Earth and on the Celestial Bodies visited by man! But, first, you have to own the right to minerals!

Universal Mineral Leases Corporation has established the Universal Mineral Leases Registry and is now offering Exclusive Mineral Leases to certain selected parcels which have been identified and mapped by NASA, to its Members.

You can become a member by registering which qualifies you to purchase as many exclusive, paid-up mineral lease(s) as you want ... and for just $19.95!

These are excellent gifts for loved ones, family member and for all occasions. And some day, this small investment could be very, very valuable!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

That infuriates me! WE the American public paid for the entire Moon landing and so it belongs to all of us.

What really aggravates me is that we have not even come together as a global society and learned to be earthlings yet, we have no right to stake claim off world with the same greedy, smallminded attitudes that have killed oceans and which has polluted the entire eco system in the name of power and control.

I was upset when first I heard of individuals selling land parcels on the moon, but this takes the cake S@F!

Was line one sarcasm? If not it doesn't wit well with your next paragraph.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Another point is that 'if' smartcamo is involved, then perhaps they got the contracts to 'hide' anything they don't want seen on both the Moon and Mars...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
OP --

Do you have another independent source besides this article that confirms that these three people own 95% of the mineral rights to the near side of the Moon? What exactly is the "official authority" that decides who owns these rights, and how were those rights actually acquired.

I have a feeling that, despite what your linked article says, these three people have no real legal claim to the mineral rights on the Moon (even if they think they do).

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wonder if the place to purchase moon land is the same place to purchase seabed like purchased earlier this year for wind farms.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
The Royal Family have secured a lucrative deal that will earn them tens of millions of pounds from the massive expansion of offshore windfarms.
They will net up to £37.5 million extra income every year from the drive for green energy because the seabed within Britain’s ter­ritorial waters is owned by the Crown Estate.

Under new measures announced by Chancellor George Osborne last week, the Royals will soon get 15 per cent of the

edit on 12/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Yep you got it. With all of the debate over the Moon landings who knows? I stand by the side of having been there but it is my personal belief.

As far as the rest no joke that is how I think and feel. Until we have real delegations of higher scholarly and conscious people who evolved beyond racial and or religious differences to come together united, to represent our world, then no one has any right to claim off world planets.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Mineral Rights are a different thing than owning the land.

Essentially what this would suggest is that people are buying mineral rights, perhaps in a Freehold type of contract.

The problem with buying mineral rights is that there has to be some body selling them that can back up their administration of said rights.

In other words, if you can't get there, and you can't put a security force there, your purchased mineral rights mean jack all.

The contract would also have to have some sort of legislation around it that would suggest what buying and selling of said mineral rights. Freehold usually isn't for purchase or gifting. It can be inherited. You can take over the purchaser making the purchaser (a company) a legal part of your legal entity.

This would suggest that there is the expectation that this legislation exists, and is part of a nation / commonwealth that is expected to be able to back up that legislative power in those locations.

edit on 2010/12/30 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You may own your own land in the US but that doesn't mean that you own the mineral rights to your land. Some properties that you buy actually excude you from the mineral rights to your land.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
according to this article

www.popularmechanics.com...

no one owns any rights, and there is no treaty or agreement to determine such rights.

par 7 "So property rights on the moon are still the subject of international discussion"

I suspect there would be no feasible reaction to any exploitation.
do you think someone could fly up there and back wi cargo, and not be detected?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join