It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling all day TODAY (12/28/2010) in Western Washington

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Could the green river be something like this? Artist paints Or maybe Fluorescein? Also a rare one that I don't know much about but I have seen it in the North Sea. It was near the shore, at night and fantastic. It was like Elmos Fire but green. An old fisherman told us it was sea life, like Plankton, very pretty though. It was only there for a day.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm in Western Washington too, and I was reading through this thread when I thought "Okay, I'm gonna go outside and see if I hear that noise." So, I did, and I realize that I have always been curious about that noise! It's been around as long as I can remember, and one time I reasoned that it was the freeway. My city is right off the freeway (I-5) so that's what I was always thinking it was. But I totally know EXACTLY what you mean... it's not really a short thing, it's a pretty constant noise. It happens at night too even when there are no cars on the freeway.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Because I have heard this beginning in Oct and it made me quite ill I have a theory.

This sound that 'some' are hearing is a frequency. I wouldn't believe it myself if it had not changed my life. If you look back at my post on this page of this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was meant to wake people up, to help facilitate a frequency change. Those who did not hear it aren't ready to begin this frequency change. It's a preparation for a dimensional shift. It's been talked about in many ways, Hopi prophecy, Mayan, bible etc.... I believe this is what is referred to as the "rapture" in the bible. That twinkling of an eye and some of the chosen to disappear is simply those who's frequencies have changed and are now existing on a higher dimension, what some call paradise. These are just some examples. Now I'm not going to get religious because I'm atheist but.......I do believe scientifically there is a significance of 2012 when our solar system will pass the galactic equator. Much energy is coming from this passing. Some speculate that earth will be changed and those who are able to take up with this new frequency will change with it. Taking earth into a higher dimension or higher vibration.

My body changed the moment I heard this sound. I became ill with all the classic symptoms of "change". I've never been one to believe in anything metaphysical but I do believe there is a scientific and physic explanation behind this www.streamsoflight.com...

So you may ask why am I not hearing it now? Because my frequency range has already been raised with the first two times I heard it, thus I will not hear the one that is still happening to help others raise their frequency. If anyone has ever read about the "Solfeggio" frequencies then you should google it now. I think once everyone who is able to hear it and change will. Then will come a higher frequency to raise us higher. For some it happens without them even knowing. I know for me, it had a drastic effect. It changed me and I'm changing every day especially with the attitude I have toward life and others. I am at more peace, want more knowledge of self and am experiencing more "love" If you would have told me this before Oct, I would have said you were full of crap because nothing exists outside of our own body or mind. I changed my mind.

I found a pretty good explanation of the frequencies here www.redicecreations.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There have been so many great posts since I went to bed, that I don't even know where to begin!

First I just went outside and if it is there, it is too faint for me to hear it over all the other noise right now. So....if so, much much fainter than the 28th.

I am on my way out the door, so sorry to say I will not be back for four or five hours. Taking the kids to Seattle to IMAX. (hope nothing gives...
)

When I return, I will update the map and answer the multiple, great posts I have missed. The seismo questions and green river in particular.

I am hoping we will get even more personal accounts...it is great to see the networking!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tzavros
reply to post by JustMike

Could the green river be something like this? Artist paints Or maybe Fluorescein? Also a rare one that I don't know much about but I have seen it in the North Sea. It was near the shore, at night and fantastic. It was like Elmos Fire but green. An old fisherman told us it was sea life, like Plankton, very pretty though. It was only there for a day.

That photo/painting looks eerily like that Vancouver photo!! What's up with that?

Also, probably nothing what-so-ever having to do with any of this but----- I came across this snippet from back home (Albany NY) last week:

Mysterious green mist in Colonie
By LARRY RULSION Staff Writer
Updated:10:53 p.m., Saturday, December 18, 2010

Read more: www.timesunion.com...

I haven't followed up on it (seeing I'm in Florida) but last I heard, it just mysteriously came.......and quietly went.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

How's the shakin' OP? Have things calmed down over by you????

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Tree roots? Really? That sounds so ........Lord of the Rings....

You have way too much going on at once Puterman. We're counting down to 2011, 14 hours to go!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here is a pic of the Tom Dick Harry seismo that Puterman was referring to:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/992cce2c6175.gif[/atsimg]
but it seems to have chopped the right hand side.
Tom Dick Harry
edit on 30-12-2010 by zenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
WestCoast, look at the webicorders for St Helens esp. south ridge and crater. There is some rumblings going on there. www.pnsn.org...

This is the latest. www.pnsn.org...
from south ridge.

Yesterday south ridge: www.pnsn.org...

A bit quieter the day before that: www.pnsn.org...

South Ridge has been bumpier the last couple of days.
Rainer has also had a few interesting rumbles.
What are your thoughts Mike?
Mt Hood - Tom dick & Harry started going a little crazy on the 29th too. Is that far from you WestCoast?
edit on 30-12-2010 by zenius because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2010 by zenius because: Added info

Mt hood had decent winds and tons of snow on the 29th

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Tremors are back

12/30/2010
2.2 Hours
29 Epicenters

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Is washington state going to splinter an island or something,hell of a picture

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

This is chlorine gas,what its doing there is beyond me,highly toxic,is there a factory or industrial complex nearby,...aahhh the great outdoors,am going out to get stoned on Air

what next ?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Okay, I am finally home. A VERY long day in Seattle.

First, I want to post some maps. First, this is an updated one with the newest additions:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Nice sound files, PuterMan. You certainly know more about sound editing/interpretation than me.

As to the query of where the Olympics - Snow Dome webicorder is, it took some digging, but this is where it is:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98e8312cabf3.jpg[/atsimg]

Judging from it's position on closer inspection, it is probably very likely to be wind on this recorder. Either that or glacial movement, IMO. I'm not sure on this, but that would be what I expect.

The exact coordinates were: 47.81624 -123.70511.

Found them on this very exhaustive list:
ftp.ess.washington.edu...

Thank you for looking that up....much appreciated. I went ahead and made another map showing the location of that station in relation to mine. Quite interesting. You can clearly see with this that it very well could have been close to where I was hearing the sound coming from:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Yup! That is you...thanks again, I will have to read through the twitter comments a little later.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

You're right, Helen's is acting up a bit:

10/12/25 00:54:22 46.19N 122.18W 0.1 1.6 AB
10/12/25 15:20:16 46.19N 122.19W 2.0 0.9 AB
10/12/25 15:20:57 46.19N 122.19W 1.9 0.5 AB
10/12/27 02:04:04 46.21N 122.20W 5.6-1.1 BD
10/12/28 14:49:29 46.20N 122.18W 2.6-0.3 AD
10/12/28 17:13:29 46.19N 122.18W 3.2 0.3 AA
10/12/28 20:02:19 46.19N 122.19W 2.2-0.9 AB

LINK

But that isn't abnormal. I always pay attention when she seems to have something to say though.

Yes, Rainier is a little grumpy and the outside, tom,dick & harry (Mt. Hood). They ARE all active volcanoes, some more than others, so while I always watch them, what we are seeing right now isn't really anything to be concerned about. If it intensifies, and others jump on board...then definately a bit more unusuall.

I am pretty much close to all of them, as far as volcanos go. I am closest to Baker, than Helens and Rainier. A couple are in Oregon, but still part of the cascade range.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Because your situation is a little unusual and the story below is beyond unusual---- I was wondering if there might be a connection seeing your locations are relatively in the same pocket of the continent.
Could Earth be coughing up something although to me this green stuff does not look natural at all.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Some water in a river on Vancouver Island has turned neon green, prompting an investigation by B.C. Environment Ministry officials.

Residents living near the Goldstream River west of Victoria notified authorities Wednesday and took pictures of a 400-metre section of the river as it flowed by, looking like anti-freeze.

It's not known what caused the discolouration or if the substance in the river was toxic.

The river runs through Goldstream Provincial Park, known for its annual salmon run and as a home to bald eagles.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

edit on 30-12-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

Well, changes in water chemistry can be a sign of some kinds of volcanic activity so I would definately pay attention to any legititmate instances. It would seem though that this was a prank. I found an article dated yesterday which states it was a kind of water traceing dye.

Article

Thank you though, that is the kind of stuff to be on the lookout for.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

While this is the first time I have ever heard of this concept, I find it very interesting.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

yes.....yes they are.

I am still theorizing about this sound being similar to the deep tremors. I'm not sure if this thought process is complete...maybe you guys can help me out with it.

THEORY WARNING

SOOO...what IF the rumbling is another form of energy release, like the deep tremors, but on a different frequency and speed? I know that prior to this decade, no one even knew the deep tremors existed. Was that because they weren't there, or only becaus we weren't measuring for it?

If the rumbling that is being heard not only here in Washing, but in other fault areas, is another form of energy release? Is it such a stretch to say that we could hear it? (those of us with sensitive enough hearing) This would explain the vibrating characteristic that goes with it.

Puterman/Mike...do you think it is around 80 MHZ? What if this were some sort of energy that resonates at that frequency? Depending on the speed then, are there seismometers, or spectographs in place right now that would record it? I don't think there is...but I could definately be wrong.

END OF THEORY WARNING

Let me know what you think!!!
edit on 31-12-2010 by westcoast because: spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I think it's a plausable theory which is why I've been watching the pnsn webicorders. But because I don't watch them usually I don't know what is unusual and what is the norm. Between the magma bubbling below and that fault line moving in at supposedly 38mm a year, surely there must be a huge amount of pressure build up. So with so little volcanic activity and no big quakes, where is all that pressure going? Perhaps it is being released in a more gentle, less obvious way. Just looking at Google Earth, that whole NW corner looks like it could break off. What's the geographical history between the Seattle area and the coast I wonder?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

Well, your observation is pretty much spot-on. (about us falling into the ocean...
)

The geological history of this region is beyond incredible. I think the best way for me to give you info is to provide a link to some education info that blew me away. As I have said, I've lived in this state most of my life and was well aware of the ring of fire, the volcanos and potential for quakes, but I had NO idea how involved and complex it all is. I also didn't realize just how great the potential is for a truely cataclysmic event to occur here.

This LINK will take you to a Washington.edu site with some GREAT stuff. This particular section covers the last 37 million years (The Cascade Episode). They have others that go back to 115 million years ago (The Coast Range Episode)

There are great maps and diagrams and it does a good job of explaining it to a lay person.

After reading through this you will understand where I am coming from. Throw into the pot the recent off-shore volcano discovery, the giant magma chamber theory, the yellowstone plume theory and the deep tremors....well, it's all VERY fascinating!!!!
edit on 31-12-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join