It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Terrorism - Conveniently Forgotten

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

No you are mistaken it more than Nationalism here religion is involved as well!. Sounds like you support the very wrong IRA Terrorists!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

No you are mistaken it more than Nationalism here religion is involved as well!. Sounds like you support the very wrong IRA Terrorists!

No you are just reading into the situation what you want to see (christian motivated terrorism) just as you are reading into my post, support for the IRA.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

OK no0 worries now we can see the IRA is in the picture as christian terrorists - all is cool!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

How about including the doctrine of excorsism ?

summary judgment [ governed by religious dogma ] is pronounced on the victim , and often nonconcesual vilonet excorcism preformed - if the victim denies the allegation - they are tortured further - as might any third party who denies that excorcism is required

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

OK no0 worries now we can see the IRA is in the picture as christian terrorists - all is cool!

They are Christian (in name at least), and they are also terrorists.

But they are not commiting terrorism in the name of Christianity or to further Christian aims are they?
Unlike say a Muslim who chants Allah Ahkbar whilst sawing of someones head!
They have no beef at all with say a German protestant - only English people and NI people wether protesants or not!

You have utterly failed to prove your point - and yet are unable to bring yourself to admit it!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Your reply is laughable. The IRA christian are terrorists that are supported by the Catholic church in Northern ireland (And some in Ireland as well! note I said some not all) ! scum scum scum for the IRA & their supporters!, no other words for them . If anybody's wants to argue that I'll post all day & night to defend this!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Your reply is laughable. The IRA christian are terrorists that are supported by the Catholic church in Northern ireland (And some in Ireland as well! note I said some not all) ! scum scum scum for the IRA & their supporters!, no other words for them . If anybody's wants to argue that I'll post all day & night to defend this!

Yes perfectly true...................................but thier motivations are POLITICAL!

The IRA espouse some kind of Marxism.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

OK they are political but are primarily Irish Catholic Terrorists! I suppose we could go on with this all night (well it's night here) lol

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

OK they are political but are primarily Irish Catholic Terrorists! I suppose we could go on with this all night (well it's night here) lol

If every protestant in NI converted to catholicism - they would still bomb them because they were BRITISH!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

It's not that I completely disagree with you (I do take it, that you've read all the thread?), but you need to either sharpen up present ideas of what 'religion' is, or completely redefine it to fit with your thesis.

present and redefine "religion .....oh wow that would require several volumes of books to do.

I'll do a summary based on 11+ years f studying this topic and personal experience. It seems the original point of many religions, is a sort of complete deprogramming from the programming of the world and of the psych problems that give humanity a bad name. Very mystical like, it was all originally intended to connect one directly with the source of all things as a direct living and breathing experienced reality. After that happens, the tainted aspects that make humanity a disgusting leech type of organism start to fall away and whats left behind is the highest potential for humanity, or something close to perfection (though thats all work in progress of course)

WHat seems to have happened is that the original disgustingness that is in humanity, has tainted religions and the original messages that were intended for a deprogramming. SO as a result, what is required when studying religion, is to get to the highest possible absolute truth of it all. The minor details are really irrelevant.

I've studied 'religion' for 50 years now, and I've found an amazing amount of intrinsic un-cool things in it.

perhaps its the tainted humanity aspect of it that's primarily coming through for you thats leaving the bad taste. Try studying some Advaita Vedanta and Dzogchen, and then based on what you read from that, then with that perspective, rethink it all over again.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

It's not that I completely disagree with you (I do take it, that you've read all the thread?), but you need to either sharpen up present ideas of what 'religion' is, or completely redefine it to fit with your thesis.

present and redefine "religion .....oh wow that would require several volumes of books to do.

I'll do a summary based on 11+ years f studying this topic and personal experience. It seems the original point of many religions, is a sort of complete deprogramming from the programming of the world and of the psych problems that give humanity a bad name. Very mystical like, it was all originally intended to connect one directly with the source of all things as a direct living and breathing experienced reality. After that happens, the tainted aspects that make humanity a disgusting leech type of organism start to fall away and whats left behind is the highest potential for humanity, or something close to perfection (though thats all work in progress of course)

WHat seems to have happened is that the original disgustingness that is in humanity, has tainted religions and the original messages that were intended for a deprogramming. SO as a result, what is required when studying religion, is to get to the highest possible absolute truth of it all. The minor details are really irrelevant.

I've studied 'religion' for 50 years now, and I've found an amazing amount of intrinsic un-cool things in it.

perhaps its the tainted humanity aspect of it that's primarily coming through for you thats leaving the bad taste. Try studying some Advaita Vedanta and Dzogchen, and then based on what you read from that, then with that perspective, rethink it all over again.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

My apologies, dude. You are right, they would fit on the list as well. I did intentionally leave these groups out, because, well, I made an extremely broad generalization with the Orangers, letting them represent all Irish terrorist groups with Christian connections. I could very well have added those groups to the list as well, but I chose not to.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hutchie9Cyantist

Haha, sorry for using Wikipedia, dude. I made this thread rather quickly, and wanted quick info that anyone could pick up on and continue researching if they felt like it. Wikipedia was just the most simple method of achieving that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I didn't think about the exorcisms, actually. I'm a believer in demonic entities, and I believe some exorcisms might actually be what they claim to be. Some may not, however, and in those cases, you are right to associate it with terrorism, imho.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Re Dominicus

When the lamas opened their first center in Europe, I was there as a shot and had practise there some years.

Never cared much for doctrines etc., but as far as I can see, I was initiated into mahamudra, which I without any other knowledge than my owm speculations, changed to Dzogchen later.

In any case I wouldn't exactly define it as a religion.

Interesting direction, but I'm afraid, we're getting too far off-topic.
edit on 20-12-2010 by bogomil because: forgot the important part

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

Thank you. I appreciate your honesty Champion! Cheers!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Interesting direction, but I'm afraid, we're getting too far off-topic.

Well, my point was, that its broken and twisted humanity itself that looks for anything it can possibly find to justify hatred and then later some kind of terrorism.

As fa as Dzogchen and Advaita, they're all talking about the same thing as Xtians, Muslims, Jews, etc. The former just simplified it and said, . "here, look for yourself, it is beyond words." WHile the later, the orignal messengers had to wrap it all within the mind frames and cultures of the broken humanity that it was directed at.

Either way, its Human beings that create and justify terrorism. Whether its Islam, Xtianity, Jews, Occult, etc .....choose your pick and its been done, but it doesnt necessarily make any of those Religions evil themselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

It may not make any one them evil themselves in that they aren't necessarily preaching evil things (though that is debatable), but does beg the question of whether organized religion as a whole - which fosters divisiveness and is easy to manipulate and pervert - is good or not. I think it's not good.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

If every protestant in NI converted to catholicism - they would still bomb them because they were BRITISH!

No. You appear to be clutching at straws there!. I will still humor you & answer. Better luck next time!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No. You appear to be clutching at straws there!. I will still humor you & answer. Better luck next time!

So - making snide comments, driving your opponent to exasperation with nonesense arguments - then proclaiming yourself the winner - that seems to be your idea of an intellectual debate, over lets face it - a very simple proposition.

Do the teachings of Jesus inspire people to commit terrorism? - quite clearly - No!

Do the teachings of the Koran inspire people to commit terrorism - obviously yes!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join