It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany bans cultivation of GM corn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Germany bans cultivation of GM corn

www.naturalnews.com

(NaturalNews) The German government has banned the cultivation of genetically modified (GM) corn, calling it "a danger to the environment."

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wow, I hope this sticks. Thank you Germany for standing up!

Of course it mentions that Monsanto is investigating the possibility of a lawsuit. How ridiculous.

You know what rights Monsanto has in my eyes? They have the right to jail time for what they have done. That's the rights they deserve for their toxic crops. If I were a judge, I would put hand cuffs on them, and laugh them out of court.

But, again, thank you Germany for standing up!

Troy

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
happy to hear this :O

thx for the info

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yeah, it's great. Was just looking around, doing my usual research, and there it was. I want to see this as a sign of things to come. Good to see my brothers across the pond standing up.

Troy

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree. Way to go Germany! Monsanto is busy lobbying for the Food Modernization Act ; info: www.finalcall.com... ; willamettelive.com... ; here in the States. It passed in the Senate but is being held up in the House so far because of an error in the Senate. They have to be stopped. This is just more governmental control.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is kind of old news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Good deal.

Another Nail in Monsantos coffin

I'll post a link to this thread in mine Monsanto - Bayer Engineering Death: Bees, Bats and You?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Not old news....
"Germany bans cultivation of GM corn

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 by: David Gutierrez, staff writer

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com..."

Dated Dec. 15th.

Maybe already posted but not old.

edit on 15-12-2010 by xizd1 because: more info

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well, we are renewing it then. The old post somehow didn't get any respect. I wish it had. I just saw it posted with todays date at natural news.

My love goes out to Germany once again.

Troy
edit on 15-12-2010 by cybertroy because: added some stuff

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It is indeed old news. I had no idea, it was just posted with todays date. But, it does warrant a further look. I wonder if anyone has any updated information on it? I'll have a look myself.

The old link.

www.spiegel.de...

I hope it did stick.

Well, I did some looking. I found some information on Monsanto actually suing Germany.

Can anyone confirm?

www.opednews.com...

Troy
edit on 15-12-2010 by cybertroy because: more info added

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

It may deserve more attention; however, it's not breaking news by any stretch. Perhaps a nice detailed post in the Medical Issues forum would suffice.....?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with you there. It's certainly not breaking news, but does deserve some more inspection to find out the current status. I got so excited that I might finally get to post some real breaking news. I had no idea it was something from 2009. I guess someone decided to post it to natural news today. It gave it an illusion of something that just happened.

I still give thumbs up to Germany for what they did. I just hope I can say the ban is still on.

The moderators may move this to an appropriate category.

Troy

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sweet, I hope this is true. Check this link out. It says the ban had stuck. Monsanto got the middle finger. lol

www.hpj.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Good for Germany, sadly I don't think the U.S. will be following suit anytime soon, at least I am able to buy home grown organic food still..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think the best thing to do here in the states is to keep getting the message out there. You know, keep that eye on the mountain top kind of thing. Keep pushing.

Troy

top topics

join