It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange free. Granted bail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I was wondering that myself. Anyone have a source on that besides Michael Moore's person web page?
2nd

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

No, sex offenders are fair game in jail. because and rightfully so some men don't like offences of any sort committed against women and children. once again i think assange is innocent.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yeah I'll be a bit mad too thoughtsfull...

he's still in custody in case of an appeal being submitted...

Julian Assange will remain in custody as prosecutors have two hours to lodge an appeal against bail.

Let's hope the appeal fails...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

We just have to keep to the streets and make our opposition to such attempts heard.
Most all Americans rely on the net, and they like it just the way it is. It would be a true # storm.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

OK. I've just always heard you were only really marked for being a snitch or committing a crime against a child (think about how many people would have it tough if it was just sex crimes like 50 percent of the population)

Either way that's beside the point, I'm with you, he's innocent.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

So.. if the file this appeal will he be held up just by it merely being filed, or does it have to be sufficient and properly filed? Are there requirements?

link   
Cool... Stand up to the bastards and they can't keep holding this crap over your head. Soon they'll be clawing at something else from his past to get him arraigned in the United States. Hey, maybe they'll produce an American birth certificate that they found next to Obama's Kenya birth certificate so they can call it treason.

link   

Originally posted by Majestic RNA
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yeah I'll be a bit mad too thoughtsfull...

he's still in custody in case of an appeal being submitted...

Julian Assange will remain in custody as prosecutors have two hours to lodge an appeal against bail.

Let's hope the appeal fails...

We can hope it fails... the whole thing smells like... well, I can't think of anything smelly enough off hand to express my feelings here..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

it all depends on the princepals of your fellow inmates really. and the top and bottom of all this is the dude shouldnt be in any cell let alone a solitary one. peace

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

Haha.. The original birthers are likely the same people screaming for his head so maybe.
Assange's certificate reveals he is an American and Ann Ardin's reveals her true age, 9.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Hooray! The world is once safe again.
Wait... So now what?
Does Assange mass an empire and release more documents...
How long will this go on for?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Misoir

I was wondering that myself. Anyone have a source on that besides Michael Moore's person web page?
2nd

Michael Moore twittert it himself.

London court has accepted bail money from me & others & has just released WikiLeaks' Assange on bail! Cheering in courtroom.

Others said, he had offered 20.000 $ earlier this day.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I just punched the air.
This is good news. I hope we hear more good news in the days to come.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Thank you sir, I knew he was trying to, but didn't know if it went through and he was actually (partly) responsible for paying it. Now he has some good karma to make up for "Lucky Numbers."

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
If my memory serves correct, wasn't he denied bail orignally because he failed to provide a physical address to the court, instead only reporting a PO box somewhere in London. I wonder if this info was correct, and if it was what has changed since then.

Did he cave in and provide a physical location?

Last week Assange gave a P.O. address in Australia, but this was not accepted. I guess, he gave the address of some family member than.

This time a Londoner gave his address - the house, where he has to stay. Additionally he wears an electronic tag.

...if the appeal does not change things again.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
He has to pay 200k to be free'd?

Since when did that happen in britain? His lawyer said they will need cash because the ycant pay through visa or master card

Oh and he is apperntly in victorian conditions, IMO probably solitary.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
He has to pay 200k to be free'd?

Since when did that happen in britain? His lawyer said they will need cash because the ycant pay through visa or master card

Oh and he is apperntly in victorian conditions, IMO probably solitary.

its more of a deposit. you get it back if he turns up wen asked.
edit on 14-12-2010 by danielhanson420 because: P.S I HATE KAY BURLY

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
SWEDEN NOT TO APEAL HIS BAIL

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The longer I watch this situation unfold, the more I'm getting all TFH about it. Everyone knows the charges are ridiculous. Everyone knows WikiLeaks has something major, or they'd be dead.

Is it in the insurance file? I doubt it. 256bit encryption may be beyond most of us, but over 10yrs ago, 156bit was considered safe b/c the time to crack it would render the info useless. Yet, a network of ordinary PCs was used to crack it in a few days utilising something similar to Seti@Home to link them.

I think this whole thing was a stunt to connect Assange's name to "rape" in the media, so that when they have to let him go, his name can forever be preceded by "alleged rapist" without that being libelous. People just dont seem to understand that I could be a child torturing serial killer & that would not alter the fact that if I said such behaviour is wrong, my statement would be correct. However, a child torturing serial killing government can operate from the commonly accepted but logically fallacious position of "argument from authority" & simultaneously contradict me & enforce laws on others that agree with me, in the knowledge that most people will accept their lies & illogicality simply b/c to do otherwise would create a need for action, but the fear of the consequences of such action prevents it & the shame of cowardice prevents examination of anything that would lead to a need for action in the 1st place.

When you think about it, the human condition really is heart-wrenchingly pathetic. Still, there are moments where somebody gets their big shiny balls of steel on & causes change. Hey Julian, if you're reading this, I hope you had a monster coming out party, without condoms!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Okay! Now he really is out of jail.

Swedish prosecutors won't appeal!

And again a big BUT: The court wants the bail in cash. Could last days, said lawyer.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Siddharta because: to add big BUT

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join