It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dark figure by my bed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The other night I woke and saw a dark figure standing at my bed. It disappeared through the wall....then days after this I was alone in my house and something snapped me on the back, sounded and felt like a rubber band, there was none in sight.

My question is : How does one protect themself from spirit visits and attacks??? And is it possible someone is sending out these attacks/spirit visits??

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
How long has this been going on?

As for protecting yourself im not sure.

What sort of feeling do you get from the entity?

Does this only happen in one place in the house?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The first, if you haven't is to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. If you have, are you involved in anything that is satanic or of the occult?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This may sound silly, but let me ask it anyways ...
Do you have any mirrors on 'outside' walls of your home?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Asala,...how long have I experienced spirit entities... all my life,but not all the time. but Just off and on... this is the first happening in a while. Not only in just one place. I feel the entity was evil. Hope it doesn't return. I used to get phone calls for about six months every day and it was all static but there was a voice in it didn't sound like a humans voice. Maybe same entity.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
dlbrandt,... I have been baptized twice, I do not practice magic or witchcraft, satism or any of the black crafts. I have always been plague with strange happenings.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
FlyersFan, No mirrors outside my house. Why do you ask????

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
dlbrandt,... I have been baptized twice, I do not practice magic or witchcraft, satism or any of the black crafts. I have always been plague with strange happenings.

By baptism, do you mean water baptism?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
3 examples

A married couple that lived across the street from us, told my husband and I that the wife had been experiencing visitations from a tall, dark, menacing figure that had no visible features to speak of, other than being pitch black. It eminated a cold, stifling, fearful presence. She also experienced a form of waking paralysis when these events occured. He only visited them at night, waking only her, but leaving her husband asleep. Each time she would pray, and it would depart. She would then waken her husband and reveal to him the story. She was usually frantic and quite disturbed by it and it would take hours for her to get back to sleep. Finally, her husband decided maybe there was more to it than simply bad dreams, so he stayed awake one night, and lay in bed quietly with his eyes closed, waiting for some noise or other indication. Suddenly, there it was. He FELT it first, then he saw it. It was exactly as his wife had indicated. He immediately began to pray and called a minister to come and pray a blessing over their home.

The next example occured shortly thereafter. Apparently the minister had chased the "Being" out of our neighbors house. My mom and I went shopping. I took our newly born son with us. This left only my husband at home. He said he was sleeping in the bedroom, which was at the end of a long hallway, when suddenly he could SENSE something coming down the hallway. It fit the tactile description of our neighbors apparition. The closer it got to the bedroom door, the harder it was to breathe, and the air wreaked of some foul odor and it became quite chilly. Upon seeing it, it also fit the "visual" description of our neighbors apparition - tall, completely black, no visible features. He said, he began to pray and told it to depart. He then leaped from the bed and charged down the hallway to my mom's room (she lived with us at the time and she prayed constantly - she was big on prayer), as he felt as if her room was the only safe place in the house. He remained there till we got home but the entity stayed outside the door of that bedroom and continued to terrorize him. He said as mom and I opened the door to come inside, it departed immediately. The neighbors who had originally experienced this, said that the while we were gone shopping and my husband was alone (with the visiting apparition) the lights of our home were flickering off and on, and they found it rather odd but decided it must be some electrical problem. Mom, my husband and I all prayed a blessing on our home. It never returned.

Earlier, by at least 3 years, a friend of mine was laying on the couch in the living room of her family's home. She had 2 sisters, a brother, and her mom at home. Her dad had since passed away. She had her back to the living room with her face directed at the back of the couch, so she couldn't see anything, but suddenly she felt this cold, dark being behind her that had a stifling presence. She was frozen in place and could not bring herself to look behind her for several seconds. She realized whatever it was, she could see it with her inner eye - et.al, her imagination reconstructed it - it was tall, dark, so dark in fact, no features could be seen. It moved out of the living room and down the hallway. When this happened, she was freed up to move and she whirled over and ran to her mom's bedroom to see if her mom was okay. Mom was sound asleep. She then saw a shadowy figure enter her little sister's bedroom and heard her sister scream. She ran down the hall to find her sister gasping for air on the bed. She yelled at it to leave their house and called on God to protect them, then she yanked her sister out of the bed and lead her to the living room. By then, the whole house was awake and they gathered in the living room to discuss what had transpired. They called on a minister to come and pray a blessing on their house and it never returned.

So, long story short, pray a blessing on your home or get someone who you have faith in their ability to spiritually cleanse your home. Whatever it is, it isn't friendly.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Water baptism ....Yes, once as baby... and the other as adult.

[edit on 4-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Thank You, Undomiel. Sounds like the same kind of spirit. How terrifying. I will find someone that can cleanse and bless soon ..before it tries to return.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yes once as baby and the other as adult.

Ok, now I'm not trying to be picky, but I am trying to help. I'm trying to word this right. The baptism you had as a baby has nothing to do with salvation. It is good that it was done when you were an adult because, that means it was your decision to have it done. Baptism as an adult is meant to be an outward sign of an inward condition. That inward condition is the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior. That is an "on purpose" decision someone makes on purpose.

I have a little bit of knowledge about this kind of stuff because my ex-wife's family had troubles like this.

I have to ask you a very direct question. Was your baptism as an adult because you made an on pupose decision for Jesus?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes you can definitely have someone bless the house.

Make sure your other "house" (you) is taken care of too by Christ.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes, it was my decision. So what does this have to do with spirit entities??
I do not dabble in the black arts, magic, etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yes, it was my decision. So what does this have to do with spirit entities??
I do not dabble in the black arts, magic, etc.

Because as a christian you have an enemy(satan). It's excellant that you are not into the occult. Even though you are saved he(satan) wants your life to be ineffective and you to be afraid. I wanted to make absolutely certain that along with baptism you have made a verbal committment to Christ. Either with someone else's help or between you and God alone. My main concern when I here alot of people talk is the are relying on baptism for their salvation. That is not Biblical. Faith in Christ alone is the only means of salvation and He(Jesus) is greater and stronger than any spirit entity.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
dlbrandt, I think I understand what you are saying. Are you saying I have little faith? I no longer go to church, that is correct, but I think I have as much faith as the next person. And how does a building give a person faith.?? Doesn't that come from within???

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

dlbrandt, I think I understand what you are saying. Are you saying I have little faith? I no longer go to church, that is correct, but I think I have as much faith as the next person. And how does a building give a person faith.?? Doesn't that come from within???

No I'm not saying at all that you have liilte faith. I wanted to make sur that you had accepted Christ.

My ex-father-in-law has emphysema and should have died caouple of years ago, (he's still alive)I was at the hospital and saw Him, he was in bad shape. He's never made a profession of faith in Christ and belongs to no denomination. His wife is catholic. The Dr. told us he wasn't going to make it and he was unconscious. She had a priest come in for last rights. He sprinkled water on his head and told my ex-mother-in-law his sins have now been forgiven. That's not Biblical.

I wanted to make sure that Christ is in your life. That is the first step the majority of people in this world need to take care of. Keep your eyes on Christ. A church building doesn't save you, Christ alone does. Jesus is your strongest and best line of defense for everything.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thank you... dlbrandt, yes..... I agree with you.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say that such experiences can happen to anyone - born again, baptized or not. If I recall my scriptures correctly, the difference in the speed of its removal is faith and the power of the demon involved. For example, when exorcising a particularly powerful demon, the disciples were instructed to pray and fast FIRST because such things help focus your mind on the spiritual realm and less on the physical realm, lending you an added dimension of faith to do battle. Faith is what its all about. If there's a shadow of doubt, in some cases, that can be the wiggle room the entity (ies) needs to continue to harrass or possess either people or environments. On such occassions it's best, if you don't feel you can muster the faith alone, to find someone who can. Also, there is power in the prayer of more than one believer. Remember it says: where 2 or more of you are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst. Agreement in prayer adds spiritual strength and the more the participants believe they can achieve their goal through their faith in Jesus, the better the chances they will succeed in their endeavors.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Undomiel. I remember that scripture. So it would be a good idea to get help from a few others. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join