It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info War, The Awakening Masses, its consequences... Suck It Up ATS!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Furthermore, as population increases, the battle will be what percentage of the new entrants into this world get sucked into the mainstream media turd. Thats the fight

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
You are mistaken. No one is 'waking up' to anything. People are being 'swept up' in the news-of-the-day, forgetting completely what yesterday's news was. We are more asleep than ever.

its sad..but i agree here 100%

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
i don't think that the world is waking up, really. they been watching that crappy show conspiracy theory and hearing about wikileaks on msnbc and suddenly everyone is an expert. they got so much misinformation out there that suddenly everyone is an expert on things i been studying for six or seven years. but half of the crap these people talk about it obvious misinformation, so these people are gonna try to school someone on something, they will easily be proven wrong, and then these millions of retards are going to think oh i was wrong, okay, these people really are nuts. just another way to discredit and make us all look bad. but yeah, go ahead and celebrate it, i guess, if you're into that kind of thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Sorry OP. My responses tend to be a thread killer but you seemed to have put some time into your thoughts. I thought they deserved the same in reply. There seems to be a lot of talk about awakening and revolution here on ATS. I thought we should look at this in the greater scope of history. How often to actual revolutions happen and what causes them. I know. Not very emotional so I understand if this generates little help to your thread. Again, my apologies.

Aristotle said a while back:

"REVOLUTIONS arise from inequalities, numerical or qualitative--from a numerical mass claiming an equality denied them, or from a minority claiming a superiority denied them. A revolution may result either in a complete change of polity, or only in a modification of the existing one."

In all revolutions, the conditions which leads up to them is the desire of the many for equality, and the desire of the minority for effective superiority. The purposes with which they are set on foot are profit, honour, or avoidance of loss or dishonour. The inciting occasions are many; jealousy of those who have wealth and honour, official arrogance, fear of the law or of its abuse, personal rivalries, failure of the middle class to maintain a balance, race antagonisms, antagonism of localities, and others."

www.publicbookshelf.com...

While there has been deeper study of this issue, this sums up just about every revolution in a nut shell, before or since. So where do we stand today in America? There is a true inequality between those haves running the show and the have-not's footing the bill in gold or blood. The haves are arrogant as they believe since they pay for the country, they should run it. That is not new.

However, the level of the current strip mining of America's resources and its people is bordering on a criminal act. This happens worldwide now. Politics, nationalism, and perceived national interests get orchestrated for the benefit of only the few. The only consolation is the level of secrecy needed to obfuscate this greed and corruption in the age of the internet. Ergo, why the internet seems to be such a target by TPTB but that is a different subject.

If I had to venture a guess, while nations will still remain nations, if there would be revolution, it will have to be a global phenomena. As such, any wholesale change to the status quo is far fetched. Degrees of modification are far more likely and welcome.

As an American, I believe our democracy and our Constitution are a good thing compared to most. But we do need some "cleaning house" as well as in other part of the world. It is long overdue. What is the likelihood of this happening? Now, that is the question, isn't it? :@
edit on 12-12-2010 by ABNARTY because: serious misspelling

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Nations, States, Empires all rise and fall .. Humanity goes on.. Such is life..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog

You are mistaken. No one is 'waking up' to anything. People are being 'swept up' in the news-of-the-day, forgetting completely what yesterday's news was. We are more asleep than ever.

Actually

After a few days to review this I also have to concur

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by angrydog

Actually

After a few days to review this I also have to concur

Or perhaps at the moment people simply don't want to wake up right now, and keep hitting the "snooze" button of life.. but at some point soon it's going to happen.

In Britain especially when the cuts hit home, the pain will simply build to the point that pushing the snooze button won't have any effect.. and we will be faced with a similar situation (in the UK) to that of 1810 - 1830 (Luddites to Swing to Tolepuddle Martyrs) social change is coming..

Both ages have a lot in common for Britain, more so than the Great Depression, Massive under-employment, military lay off's and an ever widening gap between rich and poor..

That's why I reason out the coalition have proposed new reform bills being on par with the Great Reform of the 1830s as they want to try to side step what they know will happen.

But things like under-employment takes time to build to a crescendo that forces people to act.. constantly nearly drowning has a prolonged effect.. give it another 6 months and the face of society as we know it will start to change dramatically.

That is if they don't drag us into yet another war beforehand..

Whichever way we go, society as we know it is at an end.. personally I am pinning my hopes that we'll end up with a better more caring society

edit on 13/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join