It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future for American Youth: AMERICANS READ THIS

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

so how do you go about gathering the people for such an event? you need more than ats u need any site that can get you in thouch with hunderds of thousands of people. but if we were able to form such great numbers our amarica would have no choice but to listen we run our gov they dont run us if we were to boy cott jobs schools on a mass number we would put them out but there are billoins of us we would need sum??? haalf billion people to be involved in this bigger tan the last revolution another hippie age more less u need inside supporters funds all kinds of things i do beleive there to need be another stand soooooo where do we start

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Whats cheaper? Paying off a bunch of people, or paying of half that many people? Right...

that's failed conception
whilst gov knows they can be Lynched, they're very nice guys.
but, now, techs allow to stumble Public down off their holy arses

reply to post by littlebunny

The kids in Europe aren't protesting for freedom, they're protesting they have to pay more money... Just like the riots in France and other European countries. Those kids aren’t doing anything of value, they're just having fun!!!

sorry, buddy, ain't you joking???
they're Just having fun?!
to be well-educated is most rights of any human: that's Future of person per se, h[is/er] country & entire mankind too!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Point 1:
If you can not go to Washington D.C. on July Fourth, 2011, Rally at your STATE CAPITAL BUILDING.
If 500,000 from the East Coast can show up on the MALL in Washington, and 100,000 in Sacramento, 50,000 in St. Paul, and like numbers in other state capitals the effect would be enormous.

Point 2:
TOO BIG TO FAIL is just TOO BIG!!!!
We need a 1933 F.D.R. style BANK HOLIDAY audit of every bank from the FEDERAL RESERVE on down, including STOCK BROKERAGES, BULLION DEALERS, COMMODITY DEALERS, and BULLION DEPOSOITORIES-- including FORT KNOX!!

Point 3:
We need to downsize the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT by about two thirds.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I completely agree that America needs great change. I am 17 years old, and whenever i bring government conspiracies up with my friends they just shrug it off and laugh. People my age that take this kind of stuff seriously are definitely in the minority. The rioting being seen in England is definitely inspiring though.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We don't need less representation in Congress! We need more representatives in the house, which will allow for more voices being heard. The percentage of constituents to representatives is significantly less than it was when Congress was formed, and we need to negate that some. Keep Senators at 2 per state, and follow the Constitution.
edit on 11-12-2010 by exlibertateveritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by exlibertateveritas

I disagree. More representatives will just equal more personal agendas and more money spent. not to mention all of those people would have to paid. America needs to cut down on spending not increase it. And i dont think we need more ideas necessarily, just better ones!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JVance

I think you have the same problems as most ignorant people do on both sides of the fence (I include myself in that group, fyi, so don't take it as a slander).

What I think most people dont understand is what needs to be changed vs. what already is the result of a change and revolution and the utter freedoms that have stem from it. We need to be ambiguous in our ambitions. What we need to do is enjoy and understand what allows us our natural freedoms and figure out what takes away from them synthetically. This is very important in my opinion.

I fully agree there are things that truly are in need of reform. Figuring out what those things are and how to do it is the key.

I like Ron Pauls ideas. Thats a start, but certainly not the only options on the table.
edit on 11-12-2010 by open_eyeballs because: edit to clarify

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
WOW, there has been a lot of response since I logged off! Thats outstanding.

In regards to this being a youth movement-- My initial thoughts of trying to snap the youth of America into action about their futures is still the underlying theme. With that said, this is undoubtedly a PEOPLES ACTION. All Americans are welcome if they share the same interests in a common goal. Again, EVERY AMERICAN IS AND CAN BE A PART OF THIS, NO MATTER WHAT AGE.

In regards to the naysayers: STAND BY. I have a feeling that you're about to see what can happen when a group of motivated citizens try and take charge, and spearhead an action like this. We're only on day 2, and already there is a fervor of activity. so please, stay tuned.

There are several pages of replies directed strait at me, please forgive me at this particular moment in time if I don't respond back. TRUST ME, and trust in the other people who have taken up an active volunteer role in this action on DC. There is a long road in front of us. IF WE STAY UNIFIED AS ONE VOICE THIS WILL BE POSSIBLE.

Currently there are several people that volunteered helping me with a web sight to publish a Mission Statement. Once that get off the ground we will attain one more foothold of organization via the web. BUT, this is not an internet movement. Other groups already have the internet front covered. Come January we will have to take this to the streets and get the word out to other Americans in our own communities, FACE TO FACE. Until that point we'll be focusing on spreading the message of this action in DC through out the internet.

So, get prepared for the streets, that is going to be a key element of this action. Make pamphlets, make pickets, make copies of the final draft Mission Statement (once its published, which will be soon) AND GET THE WORD OUT TO REAL PEOPLE IN OYUR CITIES, TOWNS, AND COMMUNITIES. WE ARE NOT ALONE. THAT POINT IS RINGING TRUER EACH PASSING MOMENT THANKS TO THE POSITIVE RESPONSE TO MY OP.

Good Luck and God Speed. please u2u me to join the current mailing list I have. By this weekend, that mailing list will be forwarded to all of the people currently taking an active role in this action.

I LOVE YOU ALL MY COUNTRYMEN. YOU ARE MAKING ME EVEN PROUDER TO BE BORN FREE, AND BORN AMERICAN.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JVance

you see there can be more people in legislature and less money being spent all you gotta do is spend less money on politicians.... it's a service job not a job

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've been bouncing through this thread amazed at the opinions so many youth have expressed. Are you kids really that far out of it?

In many cases I wonder at an apparent inability to grasp the full depth of the situation. It's not just that you're "screwed," it's that you're "screwed, blued, and tattooed." And that's just the lucky ones.

The oldsters have a firm grip on a society geared to meet their needs as they age and they're not going to let go until they get everything that's coming to them. Which will be everythings there is and it's "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead" with the politicans and the police, and even the parents, dedicated to maintaining that status quo, and their survival.

Pimping your children's future won't seem so funny in the very near future when the debts come due and bring sky-hi inflation along with them, especially in a depressed world economy. There won't be any good jobs, if there are any jobs at all, and this will probably last for generations. Good luck trying to find your first job in your 30's or 40's.

And also, many make the mistake of limiting the misery to those now in their teens or early 20's... better think again. Observers have noted the dumbing down of America and anybody that got a decent education when theu could be had is astonished at the poor quality of the youngsters... but the problem begins with people now in their late 30's so better fit into a long line.

America's success since WWII happened on the backs of those who have come before us and now they're moving out of the workplace without leaving trained workers to replace a lifetime of skills for jobs that are long gone overseas anyway The opinion of every oldster is that the kids aren't worth a damn" and have no ability to rebuild out of the Great Recession.

Clearly too many youngsters lack both education and skills but their piss-poor attitude is overpowering and obvious to the retiring generations scrambling to finish out their lives in comfort. So the kids better figure that the only help coming advice coming from the oldsters that had to "work for it" will be to pay your taxes and follow the rules.

Worse yet, America is clearly in decline and slated for all the problems a floundering ex-superpower will experience, but one thing for sure, the good times are over and will never be seen again. And with 200 million people unemployed in the Western World how far away is WWIII? And isn't it interesting to see 3 generations of socially engineered youth literally prepared for nothing more than that.

When you really think about it, what else have the unwashed uneducated youth actually been prepared for except to be fodder in the future wars for a society happy to cheer from the rear? But at least the youth will finally have a job and that'll be better than living at home with mom, no car, no insurance, no job, no wife and no future except to watch TV, smoke dope and learn Chinese.

Yeah, screwed, blued, and tattooed... if you're lucky.

In the face of reality all this talk of fighting and revolution is nothing but hot air from the weaklings society has produced, the die is cast for you as is your Fate, and there's no escaping it. Resistence is futile. Bend over and watch Karma at work.

edit on 11-12-2010 by Brown Bear because: spelling

edit on 11-12-2010 by Brown Bear because: content expansion

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am 19 years old and American. I am very scared and my parents are for me as well. They never remember things being as bad as they are now (corruption, lack of ability to fix things, apathy, debt, rise of China).

Over and over, my professors and my parents and older folk are telling me that they screwed up and its up to us. Trust me, a lot of young people are felling this tug of crisis and a lot of us want to do something about it.

I will tell you what I will do. I have Christmas break from college now. I will take advantage of this free time. I am also a computer science major. We study how the internet is networked and have all sorts of algorithms for how to take advantage of it.

I am not sure what you guys will do. I encourage you to make some noise and get people to protest.

Here are some major news websites that you can sign up and post to make a lot of noise: CNN.com, yahoo.com, New York Times, Los Angles Times, Seattle Times, etc

I will post something else in a little bit. (EDIT: If you do decide to post. Make the protest on February 5th, 2011)

edit on 11-12-2010 by Yoltel because: Added Date of Protest

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

In the face of reality all this talk of fighting and revolution is nothing but hot air from the weaklings society has produced

yes, you're perfectly right
i see Just two possible results:
1. Nothing (most likeliest);
2. children will be used by someones in shadow.
-------------------------------------------
heh, guys, if you really want to change situation, you must aspire after education to get real profession
w/o knowledge, you can Nothing to do something really useful
you'll be only used, wasted.. no future & no hope shall demolish each among you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

I see where you and Bear are coming from, but i stil firmly disagree that all Hope is lost.

In 2 days there has been a serious fervor of activity all based around my OP. To elaborate, there is now a list of people who have exchanged e-mails with me, and soon (this weekend) with each other. Every one so far who has volunteered their time to help organize this action so far have been under the age of 40. And while I agree with your point that the 'oldsters' think we're worthless, I also believe that some of those 'oldsters' see the reasoning behind an action like this.

All hope is not yet lost for the younger generations. Several of the people who have contacted me are not yet out of their teens! Regardless of their age, they are bright, motivated, and seem to understand that to do nothing at all is worse than trying to take a stand. Whether the ultimate goal of reform reaches fruition or not is beside the point, at least for right now. The important steps that must be taken now are making contact with other like minded souls who share a desire to make a stand, and formulating a broad mission statement that we can all agree on. The key to seeing these things through is going to lay with how many bodies we can get out in the streets.

I understand people are scared of big brother watching over their shoulders, I understand that many people have already given up on hope. We're here to change that. Our group of volunteers can be considered the Frodo Baggins of the United States, and DC can be considered Mount Doom. While there is little Hope of us succeeding, it's that glimmer of Hope that drives us towards this action.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Yoltel

February 5th is too soon, and leaves us little time to organize a true protest.

The reasoning behind the date of July 4th is symbolic and to make a point. Independence Day celebrates our Independence from England. Independence Day 2011 will celebrate our independence from corruption, and try to restore some kind of system that gives the power back to the people who it should reside with in the first place.

The government is refusing to consider the people of our country a power any more. I intend to prove them more wrong than they have ever been about anything before. WE ARE THE POWER OF AMERICA. WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE CHANGE IF ONLY WE CAN STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR IT.

Take the power from the politicians, make it clear to the rest of America, and the rest of the world that we are tired of being rolled over by legislation written by lawyers with every intent to confuse the masses and hide their true agenda, which would have us all be their SLAVES. Well I am no ones, slave. I AM FREE. The action thats being organized to take place on July 4th will remind our countrymen that they are also free. We will show them (the government) how serious we are about taking our futures back into our own hands.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

July 4th definitely makes more sense, look at the weather today. February is the middle of winter not a good time to try and get people out for a march in the first place, much less travel to one.

You will need to get the word out way beyond ATS though.

M

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by morefiber

Of course we will! That's the plan!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I see where you and Bear are coming from, but i stil firmly disagree that all Hope is lost.

ohhhhhh, i Never said hope is lost, i said people need more wise way than new another revolution
evolution is most right method to reach solution: we need the hard work to get Creators among us to solve global challenges(Climate Changing, Drinkable Water Peak, Oil Peak etc. & so on). ain't you thinking revolution can get to people something of it?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A "serious ferver" of activilty surrounding your post would probably get about 15 people to the capitol building.

Unfortunatley, since it is 8 months away, by next month the novelty will have worn off. If Jon Stewart and Glenn Beck couldn't draw over 500,000, then how do you expect to draw a million? Especially using some BS conservative clap-trap theory that only around 30-40% of Americans agree with, and that's being generous?

But hey, lol...go revolution!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Well sure, if everyone had your attitude nothing would happen.

Just stand by. Fortunately for America, not all of us have that attitude.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by zcflint05

Well sure, if everyone had your attitude nothing would happen.

Just stand by. Fortunately for America, not all of us have that attitude.

Count myself and my son among those who do NOT have that attitude! As a man thinketh, so he becomes!! Too many have had the above poster's apathetic attitude for far too long and as such.... here we are!

Viva la revolucion!!!!!!

Revolution will lead to evolution and that's where we need to shift our focus! It is time to evolve beyond the Master/Slave mentality which has imprisoned mankind for far too long, down with apathy and up with power
!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join