It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dis-information nexus, call for action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I rarely make threads to date, but the particulars of the issue on my mind at the moment are compelling enough for one. It's been a good year of learning on ATS, and I'm looking back on a few other web locales I used to frequent in times past, with new eyes. I realize that a few of them, and one in particular, are government shill sites, literally crawling with dis-info agents, locked up in the moderation right up to the administrator levels. They keep a captive regular audience of posters and lurkers under wraps, and regularly hide behind moderator censorship and overbearing word-smithing tactics to keep links to sanity broken and pushed out-of-mind among the readership.

There are thoughtful posters who see past the occasional points, and manage to voice matters of truth - it's not a complete censorship - but they are just as swiftly put "in their appropriate place" by the long-established shills while the fuzzy fantasies of the agenda-makers are fluffed back into place.

For those who haven't studied dis-info it is very hard to pick out what is what unless you have already dug down the rabbit-holes sufficiently to some touchstone facts on a matter. It might tingle as a doubt, but nothing more, if the person covering the truths up is crafty enough with their replies.

There is then the fearful "hard-slap" of heavy-handed moderation policies and "they're watching you" to keep those who are "out of line" in a suitably disciplined and malleable state. The following article is the same as listed in my sig, and is an excellent compilation of topical strategy.

from : Twenty-Five Ways To Suppress Truth: The Rules of Disinformation (Includes The 8 Traits of A Disinformationalist) by H. Michael Sweeney

A rational person participating as one interested in the truth will evaluate that chain of evidence and conclude either that the links are solid and conclusive, that one or more links are weak and need further development before conclusion can be arrived at, or that one or more links can be broken, usually invalidating (but not necessarily so, if parallel links already exist or can be found, or if a particular link was merely supportive, but not in itself key to) the argument. The game is played by raising issues which either strengthen or weaken (preferably to the point of breaking) these links. It is the job of a disinfo artist to interfere with these evaluations... to at least make people think the links are weak or broken when, in truth, they are not... or to propose alternative solutions leading away from the truth. Often, by simply impeding and slowing down the process through disinformation tactics, a level of victory is assured because apathy increases with time and rhetoric.

www.whale.to...

The site I'm speaking of is www.Foolmoon.com, a "forum for intelligent adults", and I clenched my teeth about the same as I did months ago during a short lurk there - it didn't take long to assess. I also note that my user-name and email are no longer on record; my last time posting there was back in April (and resulted in no moderator action against me, nor termination of my account). The matters I posted on were regarding Revelations, and vaccinations, the latter was especially against the grain to what the medical shills were trying to promote.

So, I'm thinking it may be time to shake up a few ideologies again there. Anyone with me? This thread might branch to include a other sites with situations similar to the nature of this grievance. There's more than a few pens in place out there.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Northwarden because: a typo

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
So we have a full scale cyberwar being waged between the the governments with their digital armies and the peoples' cyber armies for truth, and now you want to form little website militias to take on other sites with conflicting direction of interest?

sounds radical. interesting though. what's your name there so I can know who else is on my side? we'll be like covert saboteurs working to dismantle and reconstruct people's opinions. hah! catching them at the thought processes rather than at the bullet's end.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

That's the idea! I'm still forming my concerns, but I'll add that they root back over nine years to this site. Old acquaintances who probably won't remember much about me, and I'm seeing some still there.

It's good to (officially) meet you Asperetty, and I'll IM you my user-name there.

Point in focus. Here is a gem I received months ago, in response to addressing the vaccination issue, and dangers inherent. The funny thing is that I politely included a link to Whale.to, a few short opinions, and the briefest of overviews at the time. This is practically for your entertainment ...

Oh my goodness, no.

These pages are filled with wild rumors and paranoiac insinuations by what appears to be multiple wild-eyed crazies (or perhaps one guy in a basement writing under different names).

The claims that AIDs was manufactured by the US Government as part of a biological warfare program, for instance. Clearly this author doesn't understand the concept of what a retrovirus is, nor that they have existed long before hominids walked the earth.

The claims about the dangers of vaccination and the "antibody conspiracy" reveals no understanding of how the human immune system works, and that it is through exposure to pathogens rendered inactive that our bodies can learn to recognize a live infection and fight it off successfully.

These pages are full of specious warnings about "mind control" and urge "shifting your chakras" as a replacement for actual medicine for people with serious illness.

There is also a continual ignorant shouting that your sinister family doctor is (gasp!) an ALLOPATH! There are two accepted schools of medicine accepted in the United States... allopathy and osteopathy. Doctors trained in allopathic medicine use surgeries and medicines as therapies, while osteopaths use both of the prior plus body manipulation and more of a holistic view of the human body. "Naturpathic doctors" are people who advocate herbal remedies and weird carnival-like treatments. In the US, anyone off the street can start calling her or himself a Naturopath and "prescribe" off the shelf herbs or even dangerous practices in their "alternative" medicine approach.

You would have to be insane to have a disease and trust your life completely to a quack calling itself "Doctor of Naturapathy", a degree that does not exist.

All the mad conspiracy claims and mind control claims on these pages tell any normal person that this territory is shaky ground; tread elsewhere.

foolmoon.com...
edit on 10-12-2010 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Here's from a Current thread on vaccination, and the very same author.

Oh geez, stone, please.... when it comes to your baby you can't be too safe.

The only reason Polio isn't the scourge it used to be is BECAUSE of vaccines. But the virus still exists in nature. If enough parents fail to have babies vaccinated, Polio will become a terrible scourge again. And what liz said about measles and mumps is quite true; these diseases can kill and permanently damage the liver and the brain and the sexual organs.

I had Chicken Pox as a seven year old... I nearly died from it. I was a little girl covered with pox on the inside and outside of every inch of my body... the palms of my hands and soles of my feet.... my face. My mouth and tongue and throat were covered in crusty pox so I couldn't eat or drink, my ear canals were completely blocked, I had pox on the inside of my eyelids which badly scratched my corneas, inside my nose.... everywhere. And fevers over 106 degrees that caused the pediatrician to order me immersed in an ice bath to save my life. A vaccine could have saved me from that.

Your precious little girl deserves to be protected from these things that can still be infectious.

foolmoon.com...

"Your precious little girl deserves to be protected from these things that can still be infectious". Yet, in direct answer, I will point to what was included in the following thread.

Are you ready for the new "COCKTAIL"?
by Pipconvent
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please don't see this as me fishing for stars and flags, it isn't. Do you see an actual illustration of purpose here? This is a potentially good call to action, and I welcome you to open up this topic to include further areas of address. Backed with our knowledge on ATS, and everything that has been uncovered, we can be backed with the knowledge found here and make a difference to people elsewhere on the net, and from the net.

You don't need a batch of rhetoric regarding the "why" of the matter, that's well-covered. I welcome others to add their own concerns about other sites which have been similarly relegated to the realms of the purposefully deluded, or determined ignorance.

I hate to add this, but ... Or is it by "natural selection" that the person(s) effected by this person lead a disadvantaged life, thanks to the above post. Ideas and ideologies rule action. The blueprint is greater than the building.
And I'm not one for drama, at all.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Address one. The wake-up call.

foolmoon.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Great opening post and a very interesting topic.

I think everywhere on the net, you have what I refer to as "Keepers of the Gate" even when it comes to a site as explosive as Wiki-Leaks tries to be.

Some 'truths' are so taboo, that when you try to broach them, and talk about them, those "Keepers of the Gate" descend. It might be a member an owner, an adminstrator, or moderator, who has a strong compulsion to thwart, stifle or shut down conversation on certain topics because the 'truth' when it comes to that topic is a real 'lynchpin' that supports and holds together a whole host of other 'truths' that are desgined to withstand attacks against them individually but only as long as that 'lynch pin' remains sacrosanct.

Go after a 'lynch pin' "Truth" and you will know it when everyone and their mother suddenly appears out of the woodwork to assail, defame, and do what ever they can to discredit or nuetralize the attempt.

Now where it might be a misonomer to declare this a deliberate 'conspiracy' is that in some cases there are really other elements at play. For instance to give a common easy to understand example. Put up a site about organized crime figures in New York City and chances are you or your servers are going to have an 'accident'. So you have a site that's about current issues, or news, or conspiracies and all of a sudden someone out of no where posts a complete break down of Underwold figures their subordinates and associates, their names and locations, the break down of the businesses they own, and where they are, and what they are, and what criminal acts are being conducted through them.

Well the first thing that owner is likely to say to themselves is "Oh boy, I am going to end up having an accident" the fear factor kicks in, and then censorship becomes about self preservation as opposed to being a deliberate part of a larger conspiracy.

A pick your battles wisely type of thing, where you know if you don't have the money, clout and muscle to protect yourself from the fall out it's better not to play the game.

Gate keepers are often just good businessmen who realize that taking somethings on can put their businesses into peril when the repercussions hit.

Sometimes they are schills, Mickey the Chin is actually DiamondDave5 and says wait a minute here, and begins assailing the piece. They have a vested interest.

Sometimes they are just programed idiots good at ignoring reality JedgageHooverJr posts "There is no such thing as la costa nostra" it's a myth!

Of course DiamondDave5 responds "You tell him babe, fa get a bout it, ain't no such thing!" meanwhile the site owner sees what's going down and chimes in "There is absolutely no evidence that Italian Americans are engaged in any form of organized criminal activity to any greater degree than any other ethnicity, and in reality FBI statistics on violent crimes clearly display that Italian Americans have the lowest incident of violent crime prosecutions against them, I think you are just stereotyping people for attention".

Now you have all three involved, the schill, the programmed idiot and the gate keeper, keep flying in the face of that storm, no telling what might happen.

Great post, starred and flagged.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You have discussed no science in your post, only posted links to crazy, alarmist conspiracy sites about "The New World Order". I'm not going to follow links all over "whale.to" to read crazy anti-vaccine hysteria. I've studied the human immune system in an institution of higher learning; I know the basics of how our immune systems actually work. Can you say the same? I doubt it, because if you did you would have been embarrassed to link to nutball websites as you did 12 times.

She's a righteous nutter, she is. I asked her if it really addressed only *her*, or an *issue* in a last post, but it was moderated right off her board. End of Mission. I announced myself completely in a welcome post, included information to my past posts on the board, and even my time there almost a decade ago. I guess I wasn't welcome!!! I couldn't be casual about saying some important things, there's too much to understand, and too little time to catch up on it & break away from Shill sites like Foolmoon. I had no opportunity to post a reply I should add for completeness. I had a "submitted to moderator before posting" message arrive for the first time, and no post landed on the board. Off the shield with this nonsense I'm saying! It's about looking into Existing Vaccination Poisons, Ulterior Motives behind the Disease Racket, and their methods of implementation as specifically affects the Flu Vaccine Racket. Is that so much nonsese to research on www.whale.to? No, it isn't. But they passed it off as irrelevant. Who funds the universities? The pharmaceutical companies. They also offer many kickbacks to doctors who endorse their many products and services. Yes, why not private servicing companies too, acting throughout the hospitals. It's as deep a business as any.

Her flurried response was obscene to a few otherwise golden points, lacked accurate conjecture in portraying what nothing she knew about me as a person, and could possibly have been written by her superiors - although I discredit nothing to her scathing tongue! Tread carefully on this board, ladies and gentlemen. Fascist attitude to the bone-crunching truth in her last snarls. I will respond back in a bit Protoplasmic; thank you, there's great advice there.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've reflected on this matter a few ways now, and wanted to pause a bit before I put any further thoughts on the board. I need to consider the potential T&C concerns, regarding sites that are "in competition" with ATS foremost, even though such an enterprise as this can have only positive results for ATS. First is the conflict of web-site competition, which unfortunately for the sake of fairness, is a two-way street. Besides that, I really have few concerns. I believe in the message, I think people have a right to know and even have a desperate need to know in regards to much of the information being studied, and no, I don't think some people will ever look beyond their noses to find some things which would help them out unless someone, once in a while, points it out. It's not a mission to discredit, it's a mission to inform. When that much shows, and it's from the heart, it puts everything in perspective.

They will have their perspective, I will have mine, as I approach another site with particular aims of address and inform in mind. I'm not insensitive, but I also "may not care" if those aims lack the priority mine do in the address of strangers health. The issue is bottom-line, not the people who represent against it. It becomes a real decoy to our thoughts, time, and potential value if we refuse to address the important subjects we speak of, akin to looking at an abyss and being expected to describe it instead of the bridge that fathoms it, or similar to dwelling on the long, possible fall while you are trying to climb a rocky slope. Why would you ever acknowledge the fall, unless you were climbing for a purpose that, if successful, results in some eventuality worse than your death. That is a responsible outlook, and this was a responsible ...ah "mission". The rest is slander and assessment, conflicting aims, and a clash of will and hope. More pointedly, and the only opponent faced, was the admin Helice, and her backwards and deliberate stances. No matter, the message was clear, and people have enough to decide on. It doesn't change the fact that I was moderated right off the board. Don't agree with the administrator of Foolmoon. She also changed around three of my posts, even after they were on the board.
Not omissions, rather, re-wording them. Bad policy on her part.

top topics

join