It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Meteor over the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Large Meteor over the UK

twitter.com

We're hearing reports of a large meteor burning up over the UK. Many sightings have been reported in the North West
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Quite a few people i know saying they saw it break into several smaller pieces over the skies over Liverpool. Im sure the local news websites will update soon. Is there anybody from the North-West who has happened to see anything?

www.liverpoolecho.com

Will add more sources as i find them.

Winc(-(

twitter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Keeping an eye on this - any witnesses to the meteor on the boards?

We would love you to call in the ATS UK&Euro show later tonight and tell us what you saw?

Get Skype, add ATS Live Studio and IM us to get on the air.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Very interesting as on CNN they keep reporting on a "mysterious fire ball in the sky" over Atlanta. I have seen the footage and it does almost look like a meteor or something. Though I am wondering if it is just a weird optical illusion and it is just a jet with it's contrail glowing in the sun.

I mean at one point in the video another plain goes by and the contrail is lit up with the same orange glow......... So.....

Here is the footage they showed on CNN.

edit on 8-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i live in nw uk and i cant see anything nor have seen anything

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It will be one of the Geminids

science.nasa.gov...

Expect happenings for the next few days.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I live in Liverpool, UK and have about an 80% view of night sky. Crystal clear night, but didn't see anything sorry
might have been a bit late!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I saw it as I travelled home. I live between Ashbourne and Belper and I was travelling Due North. It was on my right handside at about 3 o'clock travelling to two O clock and was visible for approximately 5 seconds on and off.... Where I was , there were no street lights and the night sky was dimly lit by the crescent moon.... It was actually very pretty but I was in no position to get an image as I was driving.
If I had to give a direction of travel for it then I would say it was travelling roughly parallel with me making it Northwards .....

Time of view was 5.45 pm

Regards

PurpleDOG UK
edit on 8-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: added time

edit on 8-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: change of detail - time

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, i was desperatly trying to post this but cant figure out how to do it now on this site!!

This is all kicking off on twitter now, i saw the big green fireball meteor in swansea, looking to the north, it was heading west.

edit to add, i seem to remember someone posting a prophecy about this a few months ago... The prediction was a green fireball/comet will be seen in the sky by the end of 2010, the advise was we should board up our doors and windows for 3 days and dont leave home.
anyone remember this?
edit on 8-12-2010 by doorhand because: edit to add

found link here... www.davidicke.com...
edit on 8-12-2010 by doorhand because: edit to add link to 'prophecy'

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Cany anyone give an accurate time at all please? Is 17:45 pretty accurate? Just going over various All Sky cams and seeing what I can find.. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
At about 7.00pm I was trying to unlock my back door and enter the house. The misses said look at that, I looked up and a jet was very low, at that moment we both saw a light go flying from one part of the sky to the other. She said "is that a shooting star"
edit on 8-12-2010 by ufoorbhunter because: to add seen in Stoke on Trent

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

The Geminids have a good component of fireballs so these will not just be a quick streak.

You get more 'Ooooooh' for your bucks with a fireball. These should be visible all over the world. It is not just a UK thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This was just posted up on yt. Could it perhaps be this or is it to light out?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

No This is not anything to do with the sightings this evening....

When I saw it it was a Dark night sky and the stars were visible..

Cheers
PDUK

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Winchester_La

I am in the Manchester area and was on my way home around 17:40 when i saw a streak across the sky to my right. I instantly thought firework as Bon fire night has not long passed. I was expecting to see the wooden support hit the road up ahead but nothing came down. I sign into ATS and hey a thread about a meteor. It did break up into smaller white pieces as described. Could be a coincidence.

Cheers

edit on 8-12-2010 by DarkRift because: Just to add. My colleague was 2 cars in front of me. I will ask him if he saw it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
hi there

it was mentioned on the BBC North East news this evening....and on the BBC LIncolnshire news

will try to find some info.

snoopyuk
edit on 8-12-2010 by snoopyuk because: sp

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This is now showing on the ticker tape on BBC news. "BBc has received numerous sightings of a large meteor"

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yeah I seen a green fireball tonight Im in Ireland I was faceing North it looked like it fell east to west for about 5 to ten secs.. It looked like I was really close to it. I had a good Idea where it might be but now as the reports are so wide im not so shure. Its prob somewhere in the north sea.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Its all very interesting, glad to see there are some witnesses here giving good descriptions.

Considering the views from all across the country would that say there was a shower above the uk with many small meteors breaking up?

Winc(-(

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So we all didnt see the same thing..

2nd

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join