It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abovetopsecret.com ridiculed in a College Course.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Hmmmm....

Consider the "insurance file" that is all the rage for discussion on news and in politics right now. Guess where I first heard about that? Right here on ATS - many months ago.

In many cases news is news before its news here on ATS. Heh - hopefully that made sense.

Not only did it make sense, its absolutely true.

99% of all news reported by the media comes here first...usually by weeks, months or even years.

So while that idiot is laughing, perhaps he should be taught how ATS deliver's world events faster then any other web site online...

MM

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dogIt's all good, I mean we are talking about the Big Ten after all.

Ouch.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

That wasn't ridicule. That was what we call "pokin fun" here in the desert SW.

Now what my wife says to me.....That ridicule

link   
As bad as it may seem think about it, there is no institution or organization which has not had individuals go postal. Weikileaks will make this kind of stuff shut down all the independent thinking sites one day.

link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

One rotten apple spoils the whole barrel.

Sure, there are some interesting theories here, some of them could be true, some of them are well thought out, and some of them have been investigated for years and years.

But for one good thread (good apple) how many bad apples are there?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If I cared about what other people thought of me, I would have never joined this site.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Mr Mask

Well I certainly didn't mean it in a bad way ... what you say is true, but your santa thread made me laugh the other day.

I didn't mean it badly either...as for the Santa thread, thats a perfect example...it was easy to see I was being a desktop comedian there.

Is there rubbish on ATS? Sure...

Is there anywhere NEAR the level of lies and corruption here than within the "law system"?

Not by a long shot...

MM
edit on 6-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

link   
With the good comes the bad and the ugly. Lot of things that have been said here are the truth and lots of things are just insane. I would have been offended and would have talked to him after he was done with the class.

link   
reply to post by whaaa

Maybe I should have been more thorough in my name-choice-selection. Whenever I make a thread that is going to indicate some sort of funniness from now on, I will consult your wife for the proper adjective.

edit on 6/12/10 by wisefoolishness because: (no reason given)

link   

What does people helping a suicidal person on a web site have to do with criminal justice?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

The posts he made weren't illegal, but they were troubling. The idea was to come up with a solution to try and help the (or any other) individual who clearly had problems without using the legal system to administer that help he so needed.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No seriously...if you see this idiot again, ask him to come have a talk with me.

I would REALLY enjoy telling him the number of sick bastards found within his little "network of peers".

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I am sorry OP, but I don't believe you since you really haven't said anything about what college you attend.

The whole "I heard my brother's uncle's wife's nephew's girlfriend's friend" thing just doesn't work.

Are you a law student or an undergrad??

Can you tell us which college you go to??

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I remember the poster the OP is talking about, I cannot recall the name he posted under but there is a thread about it actually on here.

As for the Criminal Justice instructor speaking down about ATS, I know this happens. Many people that are more “educated” than the rest of us ridicule this site if it is mentioned. To be honest one only needs to look at some of the threads on here and posts to see that there are some troubled people posting here. I laugh at some of the stuff posted on here myself.

That said, I love ATS and I tell plenty of people about it, I doubt many come by for a visit though because most do not care to try and search through things for what could possibly be going on.

Raist

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

I'm an undergrad. The problem I have with saying which University it is, from that point, it would pretty easy to find the number of professors who are also public officials.

Having said that, disregarding someone's privacy is a good reason for why America is the way it is.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here is a link to the ATS thread about the member discussed in the OP.

Username Weise here at ATS was Minn. Shooter Killer

Raist

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I, for one, had no idea Obama was from Venus!

Pretty sure it was one of the Saturn moon, if memory serves....

*retreats back into the subterranean catacombs of secret insider information to verify this claim*

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

But for one good thread (good apple) how many bad apples are there?

Replace ATS by the MSM, and you could say the same thing. Fortunately, there ARE issues discussed here which are quite important, and in many cases, those discussions lead members to act in a positive way, for the betterment of all.
Let me give you an example. S510, which just passed in the Senate, originally did NOT exclude small farmers, farmers markets, or even home gardens from its claws. As a result of the discussions, and revelations here, many members contacted their Senators, and in fact, a late amendment was added to the final bill, which specifically EXCLUDES small farmers, farmers markets, and other small entities from federal control. That amendment was added by Senator Jon Tester(D-MT), as a result of concerns of citizens. I personally called my Senator, got to speak with him personally, and he agreed that the amendment was needed, after I pointed out to him, all of the chatter on the internet about concerns of home gardeners and small farmers, and farmers market participants.

If you don't like a thread, ignore it. As for the instructor, all I will say is that I encountered enough "colleagues" in my tenure, whose judgment was severely "tainted" by personal bias, and political ideology, to realize that they are no different than other people- some good, some bad, some mediocre, and some useless. Unfortunately, a PhD degree does not require wisdom, and such a qualify seems to be in short supply in the world today.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You said you are at a top ten university

So would I be correct in saying you attend an Ivy league school??

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

That's correct. I didn't want to post any information, but since it's here, those who don't know anything about this particular situation should read this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join