It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Rasputin had some freaky long hair.
Wasn't he supposed to be really clairvoyant?
I'm going to grow the beard and see if I am more sensitive.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm a complete skeptic about this one but I'm a little shocked that I didn't find a single post in here pointing out that our sense of hearing is based completely on hair found in our ears. Not to say that means anything either way... just saying if hair is that important to one of our most sensitive senses then it's hard to rule out that the hair on our heads doesn't have some purpose larger then keeping heat in. Or not.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Though I do wonder about the credibility of the sources, this is easily the most interesting thread I've read in a long time (I've been lurking for like three years). I can think of at least two moments in my life when I had unusually short hair and unusually horrible anxiety. There could easily be some lurking variables though. In any case, it's very possible that this is true! Awesome thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've been reading this thread with interest, but skipped the last 2 pages so apologies if this has been covered, but I wonder if there is any relevance in all this to the taking of scalps by white settlers and red indians? By this act, were they somehow taking away these powers from the spirit of the corpse? Maybe gaining power themselves?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I wonder if hair product like gel cuts down the signals. And is this the reason Rastafarians ( who have long hair but put wax in it ) seem so dim witted. I always thought it was all the weed.

Maybe why shaving your head seems to instructively give you the air of hardness and insensitivity, but long haired hippies the opposite.

But then again some monks shave their head to be closer to the universe. I am confused.

Think I will shave half my head, to cover both bases:
edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Another point, if long hair enhances your senses, then why are most Woman less situationally aware than Men ?

Note: Not a sexist remark, just an opinion based on what I have seen all my life.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Although i'm not sure I agree with you there
men have more overal body hair

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have longer hair than most females, where the hell are my powers?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Alot believe that. You hear stories about the german societies and how females grew there hair really really long.

I think the people must have skills, but the hair maybe helps those skills maybe. I always shave my hair bald, so i do not care for this, but its a theory that has existed along time about hair length.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Well the Yoruba certainly believed that hair was the head's antenna. This is still seen in the rituals of such people s as found in Cuba and the Americas. Short hair or a covered head is also a way to reduce the risk of any spiritual overload.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Does anyone here know how to contact the author of the article, Cee Young? I have some questions. If you have grown with short hair, always cutting it short, wouldnt it make sense that you are disconnected from this "sixth sense" even if you grow your hair, after decades, it would be desactivated. What id like to know if there is something that can be done to train this intuition? Not saying hair have really that ability but this rang a bell in me.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse

Originally posted by onehuman
The story of Sampson and Delilah from the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson's hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated."

You had my interest until the Holy Roller reference at the end. How is it some people always seem to find a way to say "See... the bible tells us so." I'm not trying to judge you, I respect your beliefs. But seriously... what credible evidence is there to any of it? Faith, eh!?
haven't heard that terminology in a long time - it is quite remarkable references are most always made to the Bible - faith? absolutely - have you looked into noetic science? principle is the same -

this is a remarkable thread and it just feels right - i decided to let my hair grow after having a somewhat buzz cut for years - haven't noticed a difference -

s/f

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I have had long and short hair...

But, I have to ask one simple question:

If long hair did anything "empowering" then why do all the people
that have all the power and money in the world have short hair
or worse yet are bald ?

Stands to reason that if long hair did something special they
would all have long hair.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Looks like we can all take a leaf outta this guys book...

I knew there was a hidden meaning in the Addam's Family!

The secret to taking full advantage of extra sensory abilities has been staring us in the face the whole time!

(End Sarcasm here)

I have read this topic but it just sounds like a well written fib, there are lots of people around who have long hair and they would say the same unless they have a large ego.

Just my opinion.
edit on 30-5-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This sounds like a Indian tale, growing up half Indian I have heard a lot of cultural stories. When the Europeans tried to Americanized Indians they stripped them of their language and culture. This story would of been a great agruement for outlawing Native America assimliation in the 1900's.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
I love this thread! Thank you so much. I knew what I felt was right about my hair all along, but it feels good to have it confirmed like this. Western pagan tradition tells that a witches power is in her hair, that it should never be cut, or touched by another without consent, and this had become part of our cultural attitude towards women, power, sexuality and their hair. Although not normally articulated, it's considered unsuitable for older women, perhaps reaching the most powerful phase of their lives spiritually and sexually, to have long hair....perhaps because it's understood that it would make them more powerful. The pressure I get to cut mine is massive, and I flat out refuse...
I also hate beyond reason when someone touches it uninvited.

A couple in interesting linkies here...

Dredlocks

The Spirituality of Hair

I'm nearing 52, and my hair has been down past my butt or just above, depending how much I have trimmed. You are totally correct, I am always percieving pressure to chop it all off, cuz us old 'bags' are supposed to have super short old lady hair. Sorry if no one likes it. I DO. And I'm never gonna cut it.
nyaaaaaaaa

I have not looked at --- all --- the pages in this thread, about half so far. Has anyone mentioned 'The Vrill Society'?
This all makes so much sense to me now. I watched on The History Channel, the women who made up the Vrill Society. Unfortunately, ---------- they were part of The Third Reich. The Reich was obsessed with ufos and alien contact, just as it was, the occult. the Vrill women were psychics who all wore their hair super long, because they were convinced the hair was a psychic antenna, and for some reason, they were also convinced it was helping them in their telepathic contact with ETs. After the fall of the Reich, the women vanished, and it is said that they went with the ETs and are on another planet.
I have a local internet paranormal talk show, which interviewed this gentleman, an African American man, who recounted his childhood abduction and ET contact with a white woman with hair down near her feet or ankles.
edit on 6-6-2011 by simone50m because: edit.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

I have had long and short hair...

But, I have to ask one simple question:

If long hair did anything "empowering" then why do all the people
that have all the power and money in the world have short hair
or worse yet are bald ?

Stands to reason that if long hair did something special they
would all have long hair.

That's material/money empowerment.

You are confusing spiritual empowerment with money.

Hair is about spiritual sensetivities, intuition, secret knowledge.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Hair is about spiritual sensetivities, intuition, secret knowledge.

Hair is dead specialized skin cells. Sort of like most house dust, only it's stuck together in strands instead of floating around as dust like your other shed epidermal cells.

The only secret knowledge there is whether you've got lice living in it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i highly doubt hair has any "extra" properties cuz if they did wouldnt someone with long nails also be equally gifted? u do know hair and nails are made out of the same thing right?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join