It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US facing attacks by 'home-grown terrorists', senior adviser warns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

US facing attacks by 'home-grown terrorists', senior adviser warns

www.teleg raph.co.uk

Speaking at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, Mr Leiter, who advises the US government on the terrorist threat, said: "In this era of a more complicated threat, a more diverse threat and lower-scale attacks to include individuals who have been radicalised here in the homeland, stopping all the attacks has become that much harder."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Mmm-hmmm...

You mean like the ones that the FBI and CIA create?!?

LOL!

More fear-mongering, "the boogymen are all around us, be afraid, be very afraid" nonsense.

Let's see what kind of rights you guys can get us to give up next with all of your MANUFACTURED "terrorisms".

The biggest terrorists on earth right now are the Fed, the wall street thugs and banksters, and their 2 party crime family enforcers in washington.

Hopefully people are wising up to this endless propaganda and fear mongering.

www.teleg raph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yes, like the one the FBI just created so he could summarily be stopped and arrested.
And just like the "terrorists" that support wikileaks.

edit on 4-12-2010 by pirhanna because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The only thing we have to fear, is our next door neighbor.
And the paperboy, and the guy at the 7-11 counter, and the cab-driver, and the guy that looked at you funny at the stoplight, and your minister, and those two guys standing down at the end of the street, hey what are they doing?
Those two guys are taking photos, what the heck are they doing?, call the COPS! Oh, taking pictures of the sunset. Whew I was worried. Off to get my Xanax refill now.

Life in the US.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You know, I just started reading "1984" yesterday, but somehow I already know that I will find similar rhetoric in that book.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

The only thing we have to fear, is our next door neighbor. And the paperboy, and the guy at the 7-11 counter, and the cab-driver, and the guy that looked at you funny at the stoplight, and your minister, and those two guys standing down at the end of the street, hey what are they doing?

Divide & rule is the oldest trick in the book

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Maybe these are the same "home grown terrorist" that would superglue a toy robot to a pillar. They are a menace and must be stopped

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
lol they better be afraid the citizens are gonna get them

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

And yet Obama is calling for amnesty for illegal aliens..
That's thousands that have entered the country through no security or scrutiny..

You do have to wonder..
s&f

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The "dissident" has now been renamed. The new all-encompassing name is "terrorist". Do not criticize, complain against, backtalk nor sass anything to do with your government or its organs, its agenda, its effects on your life. You don't want to be a "terrorist", do you?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Fear your grandmother, she is a terrorist because she disagrees with taking her medication, and she disliked George Bush's actions. Stop her!!!

They do this sort of thing I guess to distract us to the real criminal activity going on. And, I guess to get us to rat on each other if we disagree with something the media or the government tells us.

Keep us distracted with terrorism while the banking system screws us and Big Pharma and the FDA gets in on the action. It's like a misdirector that a magician uses.

The good thing is, many of us aren't stupid. We know there isn't a terrorist in the cupboard waiting on us when we get home.

Troy

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I suppose when we have a corrupt government that is not accountable for anything and hides behind National Security.
We can thank WikiLeaks for exposing inside information of corruption and now Congress is scurrying around trying to put a stop to, by demanding the arrest of Julian Assange. The fact is Americans are waking up!
Congress is worried and for good reason. Americans are now finding out just how corrupt everything is becoming and are sick of no accountability and may start taking matters in their own hands.

Americans are watching the American dream being stolen right out from under them by the Bankers and they see the corrupt loopholes in the laws that the Bankers lobbied Congress to pass.

I believe Americans are now waking up to a country that is heading down hill fast and the middle class are being squeezed out. What are our elected officials doing about the high unemployment? Nothing!
Over 40 million Americans are on food stamps, the highest amount ever.
Our politicians sold America down the river for more profits to foreign interests and slave wages.

Now these people who are supposed to represent our interest in congress are worried that there could be an up rising, I wonder why.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
You know, I just started reading "1984" yesterday, but somehow I already know that I will find similar rhetoric in that book.

I assume you were being serious and not sarcastic. If you are reading 1984 for the first time, prepare to be flabbergasted. Considering how old it is and how it was, at one time not that long ago, mandatory assigned reading for most high school students, it is absolutely amazing how stupid the average person is to have allowed our government to spiral down the same road Orwell foreshadowed. It is a pretty short book and really I find a lot of benefit to going ahead and re-reading it every few years. Not so much to pick up anything new from the book, but more to notice some new bootprints on freedom's backside which were so quietly placed there it was scarcely noticable at the time.
edit on 4-12-2010 by burdman30ott6 because: I has cheezburger

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I think the reason that it was required reading was to let us know beforehand what we were supposed to do. See, the enforced reading of Orwells book was a singular lesson in and of itself.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You've created this monster with your wars.

You've invited your enemies in through your unsecured borders to convert, train and organize from your own, among you, in the shadows.

Desperate young and often hopeless youths are being taken in.

In the future the battles will be fought inside the USA... You can't infiltrate them all.

These groups are aided as proxies by enemies who will exploit the ambiguity of a terrorist creation known as Al Qaeda and eventually attack you while publicly condemning the attacks and privately praising them.

Can the U.S. intelligence possibly stop what is coming?

The way to defeat the USA is from within, through terror and economic destruction. Great strategists and enemies of the west have a plan. Obviously they have seen the effectiveness of 9/11 and plan to expand on that.

Expect a combination of large scale attacks, and cyber attacks.

You'd be amazed what can be found on foreign servers with a simple internet connection.

Every day is a good day to die!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My favorite part:

Other "lone wolf" plotters based in the US have operated with a small amount of contact with any handlers in Pakistan's tribal areas, where Osama bin Laden and the core leadership is now based.

So that's where he is now? Haha ok they've said he's in Afghanastan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. For being the "most wanted man" on the Earth he sure seems to get around mighty easily hmm?
edit on 4-12-2010 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The real terrorists were those people writing with chalk on the courthouse
sidewalk. They haul them quickly away. The little girl was the real
terrorists, cause they didn't know what to do with her.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
next it will be a terrorist act to vote

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's already a terrorist act to bring up your constitutional rights.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
yea I think your right!
most of these so called "homegrown" terrorist do not have the means to actualy be a credible threat.sooo....the FBI says well we will give them a call and offer them the things they need to be operational

Basicly turning a thought crime into the real thing...."genius"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join