It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

That's great!
Life is a mystery. I can and will accept groups celebrating national holidays.
Race is tricky. I study history. Whether you're White, Black, or what not. It's hard to claim a particular area to be prideful for in your life.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadameAquarienne
reply to post by mayabong

Don't get me wrong, if you celebrate whatever, do it. And those of you who claim that white people don't have a culture, well that is probably because white Americans have had their cultures so watered down that anything distinguishing has been removed for the sake of political correctness, so as not to offend other cultures. Which is in part where the topic of this thread is (I'm speculating) coming from.

I agree with everything you said before the paragraph I quoted. I just want to respectfully ask you what it is that has been removed? It's been my experience that the people that say they are denied the right to be proud of being white, are the same people saying if you come here you have to adopt our ways. I'm confused by this in the context of the same people complaining that they are now Americans and have lost their cultural identification for the sake of PC.

Help me understand,
edit on 4-12-2010 by ziggystrange because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
reply to post by mayabong

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites dont really have a "culture" thats just my opinion.

I find this post to be somewhat ignorant. Painting people as either "black" or "white" in and of itself is ignorant of the specific diversity of the human race, of which we all belong to. Do aboriginal Australians belong to the "black" culture. Hardly.

My beef with this post is that your view is disingenous. My ancestors came from the South of France and from the Basque lands in Spain, and I can assure you that they were persecuted for hundreds of years for cultural and religious reasons. They were white, but suffered immensely. There should be no racial contest on who sufferes the most, as persecution and suffering is just as bad as the next.

With that said, there is nothing wrong with recognizing who you are and where you came from. However, understand that from a certain perspective, there is no such thing as a white culture, a black culture, etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

I simply meant to say that white Americans have a culture that is no longer well defined, but just because it is not well defined is not to say there is none. My main point was just that a nationality, race, and culture is not one's accomplishment to be proud of. I tend to ramble sometimes and perhaps my message was lost a bit.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unilluminist

The Spread of Civilization

This linked information accurately describes who, when, and how.

You say your people were busy taking Europe. Who from?

My ancestors are Europeans also but I know my Scott clan "The Phagins, Fagan" clan were cave dwellers during the first millennium A.D.

What we do know of the Sphinx is that it predates the Pyramids by 12 to 25 thousand years, and we don't know who built it except it was very unlikely that it was Europeans.

Peace Ziggy

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MadameAquarienne

Thanks!

Best regards

Ziggy

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I edited my original post so that it better reflects what I was trying to say. Thank you for asking what I meant.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

OMG,,, That clip of that comedian was hilarious.
I'll have to watch that guy the next time he's on TV.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustJoe
Jews weren't the leaders of the slave trade...it was white people from Europe

Actually there aren't any leaders. Asians had massive number of slaves, and slavery is still thriving there today. Africans held other Africans as slaves and sold them out of the country as well. Slavery is still in practice in Africa today. Muslim Barbary pirates were responsible for hundreds of thousands of Europeans (and others) being sold into slavery. I don't think the brown skinned middle eastern Muslims are what you'd call blond haired blue eyed white people. South America - massive numbers of people enslaved by other South Americans. Look at the history in the Mexico and Central America regions .... yikes! (And they ate their slaves!!) Native American Indians enslaved indians from other tribes. And yes, some of the Iroquois ate their slaves too.

Europeans were not the leaders of the slave trade.
EVERYONE all around the world has been involved. Many still are.

Originally posted by piddles
Fox News and Fox (entertainment) are network shrines to white people and the very essence of what makes someone "white".

That's absurd. Careful. Your bigotry is shining through.

Originally posted by dragonseeker
I'm no longer an Obama supporter, but, it has to be said, he has never been given the same level of respect that all the white presidents before him have enjoyed. On this point, it isn't because of his actions, but his skin color.

The exact opposite is true. The press bent over backwards to kiss his butt and to give him free passes on a lot of things that a white person would have gotten nailed for. Everyone in the press is walking on egg shells when it comes to him because .. if they tell the truth about his inability, his ineptitude, his lack of experience, his belonging to an anti-white racist cult for 20 years, etc ... if they told the truth and discussed it then people play the tired old race card. Obama was given MORE room to make errors then any president in my lifetime. (I'm 48).

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Moving against the outline border of this topic;I think I go for the "Thin Pride"- t shirt !

For comparison; you are not allowed to call obese people fat, but it's accepted to harass the skinny for being normal!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

The fact is NO-ONE knows what the first skin color is. The fact is we all know if we did our history research ole Abe has dark skin decentas dark skinned. The fact is We all know he was Bipolar. The fact is KKK and Black Panthers are racist sh##ts. The fact is America is racist and will forever live in the past. I agree dark skinned people have brought to society many great scientific discoveries, and yes light skins worked feverishly to conceal it. HOWEVER inlight of the fact that we have the al sharptons and such out ther fighting for equality the hidden secrets are revealing themselves. We cannot take what has been so deeply hidden and resurfice it immediately, this takes extreme work, such as unearthing the hidden archeology finds. We have equally the level of light skin racist as dark skin racist, when we come together and stop he rediculous games then and only then will life begin to settle. also remember it was not us the light skin american who took the african from their country, and i refuse to take you bullarky anymore..peace to us all we need it

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

Again the hate stops when color is no longer the issue....stop being the hater....im my family I had to "FIGHT" against my mother and father when their grandchildren started dating, then having children, wanna know why? Because our family became a rainbow of colors. My mother called one neice a niger loving whore, my father called another neice a arab loving terroist. I flew in from across the states went to their faces and loudly stated they are the worse form of racist this is blood and I would disown them until they got it together, thank god mom got it together, dad never did. know 15 years later mom is so unracist , dad is out of site out of mind....its that simple. Out of sight Outof mind the racism in our family is gone we have a rainbow of colorful grandchildren from hispanic to african to middleastern, columbian and so on....truth spoken I am proud of my family peace to us all we need it...and if picture need be for proof pictures I have

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

no I bel is a honest believe it post that deserves a honest debate

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

on main stream media dark skin are moving into their place...light skin has every right flaunting our color as dark skin over infasizes the past and the fact is light skin are on the verge of being bored of it...peace to us all we need it

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I do not believe or at least hope the OP was not meaning , To force our color celebration other cultures, we light skin people have been forced to not be allowed to publicly say we are proud to be "WHITE" I can use myself as an example with about a year ago. I was in Texas in a dark skin area leaving a nigt club needing to eat around midnight, stop at Dennys for breakfast with the girls. we sit at the counter, maybe2 or 3 other custumers in the store already served i know this because by know it has been 15 minutes and we do not even have a menu. I stand up and loudly ask for a menu, he brings the menu as he trys to walk away i say, wait arent you suppose to ask what we want to drink? we get our coffee. Another 15=20 passes im getting real pssd know, I stand up and yell as loud as I can, am I not getting service because Im white? Behind me I hear a man say, Oh you are pulling the race card? I turn around and walk the the American Afrrican ( good looking gentleman) and say "YES I AM" if it were you would you? he said not one more word, I turned to the waiter said give me my check for the coffees I do not want your racist service paid for the coffee and left....nough said...peace to us all we need it

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

you are right I stand by you...peace to us all we need it

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Go away ignorant racist you are ruining the rainbow

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MadameAquarienne

I like me I love me because I was born me therefore I am proud of me I am caucasion/white therefore I am proud to be white, and this is a bad thing? NO...peace to us all we need it

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 1FutureMarine1

Are you Greek? I am. "Greek" : "θάνατο πριν από ντροπή"
It is the Creed of the Spatans. It says: "Death Before Dishonor". Miltiades (Battle at Marathon)
Leonidas (Battle of Thermopylae)

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

No. I mean't the black community have always expected white people to feel bad about it. Not saying I ever have. I couldn't honestly give a **** less. What's done is done. Especially with these people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are just exploiting they're own race for profit. It's disgusting. Not people that could make me feel guilty anyhow.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join