It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wademus

Originally posted by cj6
reply to post by mayabong

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites dont really have a "culture" thats just my opinion.

So the Roman Empire, Ancient Greece, Marco Polo, Copernicus, Galileo, Tesla, Edison, The Wright Brothers Airplane, Henry Ford, Oppenheimer, Einstein, Von Braun...... None of these people and things they did are great accomplishments of white people?

But being black in america makes you "African"?
Did you know our Tax dollars now fund an "Ebonics" language program in the FBI

years and years ago before facebook sold out I was banned for having a white pride group. Notice how they arent there anymore and if they are they are watered down spayed and neutered by drunken wanabe frats. But somehow "Black Power" and "Brown Pride" get to stay?

He
edit on 3-12-2010 by Wademus because: content

Oh and how about the British Empire, the Norsemen, the American Revolution, and the MAKING OF THE MODERN WORLD

Not to freaking mention for the billionth year in a row white students outscored minority students in the USA with the largest gap being over 30% between white and black males

But we cant be proud of that cuz it makes the people who wont get there act together feel bad about listening to 50 cent and wanting to smoke pot and rape girls at clubs or have a million kids outside of marriage with different women.

Its the Movie Idiocracy, except it wont be a uncha whites in the retarded future becuz we dont populate enough

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
And another thing to toss into the bunch, Im not straight german or english or irish. But I cant be "white"

Yet you allow blacks and hispanics to say theyre part of a huge broad culture by saying "Africa" or "Latin" when tey have no more roots to anything in there past than I? Have you ever met a real african or a real spaniard?

What a joke of a double standard.

Then the world turns around and expects me to melt in the background. No wonder the world is gone to hell, the culture and people who establish new and progressive things is muzzled
edit on 3-12-2010 by Wademus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by BlackOps719

A short history lesson for those who don't know

And what does this have to do with loving your own race?

How many here in this thread have said anything about "lets kill us some blackies" or anything similiar?

How many of us have said "they were wrong for giving equal rights to others"?

Equal rights are EQUAL across the board. No "special rights" , "protected classes" or "hate crime situations".

THIS is the kind of crap the thread was written for.

I suppose the white / European bloodlines are the only ones that have EVER done anything wrong.

Contrary to some of the idiots here, I'm NOT a racist. If I had to risk my life to help a friend of a different race, the color of his skin wouldnt enter into it.

The qualifying factor would have been met. He / she was my friend and had earned the right.

The only thing in my mind would be "OH shiznit! My bud's in trouble!".
edit on 3/12/10 by felonius because: add

It was just a simple reminder that there are good and bad people in every race, and blaming an entire race of people for the actions of some is violently ignorant, and in essence exactly what most minority groups complain about having done to them.

Hypocrisy is stupid.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Because too much pride can lead to trouble.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Be proud of your racial origins.

Just don't put others down while you express your pride.

Wait,kinda hard,cuz pride is almost arrogance.......

In My Humble Opinion.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Having pride just because you were born a certain race is extremely archaic. You should celebrate humanity not just the color of your skin, what you eat or where you live.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Maybe some missed it (my post on page 10 of this thread) but I'll say it again.

White is NOT a race. Black is NOT a race. Asian is NOT a race. Hispanic is NOT a race.

These are actually races- Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid, Capoid & Australoid. There are additional sub-races, but these are the races and skin-tone is only one factor in it.

Frankly, it astonishes me that so many people define their identity on an anthropological classification rather than something of substance. I'm not a white woman. I'm a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer, etc.... Those are things worthy of defining who I am. My skin--tone, not so much.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Hispanic is NOT a race.

I believe you need to study the origins of the term Hispanic and see what you find. Hispanic is a race.

Hispanic (Spanish: hispano, hispánico) is a term that originally denoted a relationship to the ancient Hispania, a country that geographically coincided with the Iberian Peninsula. During the Modern Era, Hispanic sometimes takes on a more limited meaning, relating to the contemporary nation of Spain, one of the successor states of Hispania. The term is thus applied to Spanish-speaking countries, and to people in the United States who are of Spanish or Hispanic American origin. Cultural elements (Spanish names, the Spanish language, Spanish customs, etc) and people known as Hispanic can also be found in other areas that were formerly part of the Spanish Empire, such as in Equatorial Guinea in Africa, and the Philippines, Guam, and other areas of the former Spanish East Indies in the Pacific Ocean.

source

Seeing where I'm coming from? Hispania in the Iberian Peninsula which has origins in Spain.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with white pride.

They will tell you that it`s wrong to have white pride because our people have done horrific things in the past. All races have. All races continue to do horrific things, not just the white people, all people of all skin colours. I personally have never wronged anyone ever in my life because of skin colour. I either like you because you are a good person or dislike you because you`re not. Race is never a factor.

I don`t see any other race of people who make such an effort to help other races as the white people do. I sometimes think that the other races dislike white people because they are jealous of everything the white race has accomplished.

White people live in a world of double standards. You can have an all black television network but an all white television network would never fly. You can have a United Negro College Fund but a United Caucasian College fund would have people outraged. The real problem, is race based privileges. There will never be any true equallity as long as we continue to give advantages to one group of people and exclude another. If anything, it only encourages racism because the one group will resent the other because of the unfair advantage.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

According to science, Hispanic is an ethnic group, not a race. Those within the Hispanic ethnic group are part of several different races, depending on the country their ancestors originated from.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112

According to science, Hispanic is an ethnic group, not a race. Those within the Hispanic ethnic group are part of several different races, depending on the country their ancestors originated from.

Well I'm one of those people and proud! As I mentioned in a reply yesterday I said "Olive and Proud!" Which in fact I am. I'm a person against a Billion.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Im of Irish decent, i am a Canadian, i am white blonde hair blue eyes.
I am proud of my irish heritage, i am so humble to be a canadian IMHO the best race to be.
I have alot of brown friends who are Canadian and celebrate their heritage and love being Canadian i have alot of black friends that do the same. I dont think as Canadians we so much celebrate what we cant control i.e. colours, what we can celebrate is what our forefathers have done abroad and what our forefathers have done here to make a society in which that stuff aint important.
we aint perfect nor are anyone else, but white as a race??? i dont think so, i went to a highschool that was predominantly Romanian, Yugoslavian, Czech, alot of europeans alot of blacks alot of asians, us "white" folks had more divide in our culture than theres. You think a black man asks his counterparts which part of XYZ he/she is from?? no, but i know for damn sure the yugo ask the romanians, the catholic ask the protestant and the canadians ask the americans. Whites a birth colour not a culture. Be proud of your culture, im proud of mine and my country, im not proud of my skin only my actions.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

this confuses me, why is it you view yourself as one against a billion?? as you put it?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

I realize that whites haven't had the best track record but neither have all these other cultures.

Whites are meant to bear the guilt of Slavery when it is a documented fact that Jews were at the Heart of the slave trade. (although you wont see this in a Speilberg movie). Newport, Rhode island was the center of the Slave trade, highest jewish population in America and the oldest synagogue in the US. (Brazil and the Carribean slave trade were also dominated by jews)

They have no problem celebrating their jewish heritage.

Hispanics can celebrate their culture freely and happily, even though their history is just a dark as whitey's with all their killing of natives in south and central america.

I'm just wondering if this guilt injected into the white race over and over again has a deeper agenda. Kinda like the catholic church instills guilt and fear to take away your power.

I think every culture should be able to celebrate their heritage freely. Just wondering why whites are not allowed by the powers that be.

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

Hispanics celebrating there culture freely and happily while they killed natives? Typical ignorance, first of all this is a very idiotic statement get a damn clue. Hispanics for the most part are mixed native/european, the ones who exterminated the natives where white men, SPANIARDS from spain.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
its because white is right, but we're not allowed to say it

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Why is white pride a bad thing? Easy. Pride is a vice, not a virtue.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
In the melting pot of America, what is "white" anymore?

According to our EEO/AA govt. definitions, I suppose I would be white, but is that really true?

My family arrived on these lands of the Native Americans in the late 1600s-early 1700s and kept pretty decent records. My initial ancestors were largely of what is now UK-origin; however, due to their early arrival, I also have Dutch, Cherokee, German, Norwegian, and Shawnee in my blood lineage. Therefore, am I really "white"?

In contrast, my husband is first-generation immigrant in American, and according to the government definitions mentioned above, he is also "white" based on the EEO/AA definitions. He was born in the Middle East, and the US govt. considers that "white"
We look exactly opposite; blonde hair, blue/green eyes, fair skin, and then brown eyes, dark brown hair, and olive skin....oh, but we're both white....
I won't even cover our children...

I guess my point is that "white" can be very deceptive
I'm an American citizen, look absolutely white, and my husband is not either a citizen nor does he look "white"....yet the govt says we're both white? Whhaatt?

Is there such thing as "mutt" pride?

edit on 3-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Well my ancestry is very, very mixed. Looking at my background I see people from all over the world. Americas, Caribbean, Europe, Middle East and Asia. I even have some African American's. My skin color is Olive.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Decius88

Hispanic originated from Europe and was the predecessor for Portuguese and Spanish people. Mestizo is the term you're looking for mixed of native American and Spaniard.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
There is nothing wrong with white pride.

They will tell you that it`s wrong to have white pride because our people have done horrific things in the past. All races have. All races continue to do horrific things, not just the white people, all people of all skin colours. I personally have never wronged anyone ever in my life because of skin colour. I either like you because you are a good person or dislike you because you`re not. Race is never a factor.

I don`t see any other race of people who make such an effort to help other races as the white people do. I sometimes think that the other races dislike white people because they are jealous of everything the white race has accomplished.

White people live in a world of double standards. You can have an all black television network but an all white television network would never fly. You can have a United Negro College Fund but a United Caucasian College fund would have people outraged. The real problem, is race based privileges. There will never be any true equallity as long as we continue to give advantages to one group of people and exclude another. If anything, it only encourages racism because the one group will resent the other because of the unfair advantage.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

A big ole' Star with extra cheese for you my friend.
Lots of racism towards Whites. I live in a mostly Mexican neighborhood & the "Brown Power" tatts are everywhere. But when I wear my Anglo-Saxon/Flag of England t shirt I get called a racist.
Everyone should be proud of their race.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join