It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Let China invade Taiwan so that the USA can finally have a reason to blast them with Red Mercury weapons.After that they will no longer be a threat.Kent csm

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We should launch a muti-phased attack against China using vast numbers of Red Mercury weapons.Anyone out there that knows anything about special weapons would understand how such weapons would completely destroy China or anyone else for that matter an also remove them from the world stage forever.It is either us or them.Why them?Kent,csm.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Who is afraid of the Chinese considering what weaponry we have?Kent,csm

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Red Mercury is BS. Anyway if it did exist didn't the Russians develop the technology

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
what the hell is red murcuy anyway?

KC8

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
what the hell is red murcuy anyway?

Take a look for your-self link

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by revengeogmakhno
China does not want to invade Taiwan. They want unification without a shot being fired and are willing to be very patient about it. If Taiwan was to move toward independence, the reaction would start off with posturing then move into the economic realm. At that point, the balance of political and social forces inside Taiwan would back off because their standard of living and their relative personal freedom is more important to them than a risky drive to independence.

Right now, China and Taiwan are both quietly profitting from their economic ties in a big way. Neither wants to upset that. Even a modest push by China will lead to a capital and skilled labour flight from Taiwan which is fundamentally counter-productive to the goal of taking Taiwan over.
(One poster mentioned taking over and matching Taiwan's expertise with slave labour conditions. Sounds great but a huge piece of the Taiwanese middle class would just leave. Again counter-productive)

If a time came wherein China was utterly dominant militarily and economically and the relationship with Taiwan did not represent much in overall economic terms, they could build pressure on Taiwan but it would be a slow process. Pushing or attacking the Taiwanese would bring resistence
but they can be slowly demoralized and resigned to an eventual unification. If the Chinese pull that off, they will have illustrated their self styled political and cultural superiority over the US. That kind of thinking plays well over there.

Furthermore, they want no part of a direct confrontation with the US. You can be absolutely sure of that. They are definitely willing to maneuver to reduce American power and influence in the world, but so is over 90% of the world. I can't say that I blame them on either count.

As far as the military balance goes, China could raise a lot of hell and devastation but trying to invade Taiwan now would be insanely costly, could well fail disasterously and would further discredit their government further in the eyes of their own people. It is not a popular government as it stands now.

This question can be asked again in 5 years although the situation might not be meaningfully different even then.

I've spent SERIOUS time in Taiwan and China over the last 8 years so I think I have a good read on this and can give many other arguments to support this perspective.

Right on target , Bang !

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Who cares if China invades Taiwan. The same products would still be sold at Walmart. Borders and politics no longer matter...only Corporate Profits. Truly the only thing that would change if China took over Taiwan would be whicn companies get to own the factories that produced the good sold at Walmart. Sad, but true.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Being_of_Now
Who cares if China invades Taiwan. The same products would still be sold at Walmart. Borders and politics no longer matter...only Corporate Profits. Truly the only thing that would change if China took over Taiwan would be whicn companies get to own the factories that produced the good sold at Walmart. Sad, but true.

I care. I like my made in Taiwan stickers. =P

Glad you realise it's all done for money now, about time someone did. I just see a few other factors around it as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

being_of_now wrote:

Borders and politics no longer matter...only Corporate Profits.

Yeah, thank you for your philosophy. Soilent Green can't be far away now. I can't wait.

Edmund Burke said, "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

[edit on 3/8/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ambient Sound u only look at it the simple way , ok let me giv u a example
a billion ppl has its advantages " just say a person with a AK (30 bullets ) takes on 100 ppl with no weapon WHO U THINK GONNA WIN !!!!! Let me repeat myself 30 bullets , how many left ? ROFL

Getting bak to the topic ppl !!!
Of course china can invade Tawain now , the only reason stoppin it is WW3 y coz if USA gets involed its GG for the world !!!

China would firstly bomb it with their bombers plus launch non stop missiles to neutrilise their airports etc come by force later on !!! Remember that the closest apart from the two countries is only a few kilometres apart .

The other Question mentioned by other ppl is that why the fuk does china want a small island's resources, i think im not that smart but china;s making more money than tawain. Besides a war would cost even greater than Taiwain's resources combined >>>> lol

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cn_Marine
Ambient Sound u only look at it the simple way , ok let me giv u a example
a billion ppl has its advantages " just say a person with a AK (30 bullets ) takes on 100 ppl with no weapon WHO U THINK GONNA WIN !!!!! Let me repeat myself 30 bullets , how many left ? ROFL

Getting bak to the topic ppl !!!
Of course china can invade Tawain now , the only reason stoppin it is WW3 y coz if USA gets involed its GG for the world !!!

China would firstly bomb it with their bombers plus launch non stop missiles to neutrilise their airports etc come by force later on !!! Remember that the closest apart from the two countries is only a few kilometres apart .

The other Question mentioned by other ppl is that why the fuk does china want a small island's resources, i think im not that smart but china;s making more money than tawain. Besides a war would cost even greater than Taiwain's resources combined >>>> lol

That small island earns a lot of money, for the size of it. It also has a lot of modernized technology and methods that the mainland would like access to. As well as a lot of upto date American weapons, etc.

Oh yeah...it's also a massive strategic point in Asia. That might be why?

And it might cost more then they'd earn in 1 year. But firstly it shows that China has the military might to invade ( to its own people and the world) and in the long run they'd earn more money.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
One thing a lot of people don't realize is that even though Taiwan has 700 tanks... they are quite simply crap

Old M41 chassis with an M60 turret bolted to them and a 105mm gun... even the chinese amphibious tanks that would probably be making the first wave are heavier armoured and have a more powerfull gun.

Taiwans M41D

Chinas Type 63A

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Lucretius]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have decided to give a quick run-down on the chinese navy...

2 x Type 052C
2 x Type 052B
2 x Sovremenny plus two more to come
1 x Type 051B plus 115 and 116
2 x Type 052
16 Type 051 Luda in various configurations

2 x Type 054
10 x Type 053H3
4 x Type 053H2G
32 x Jinghu in various configurations

Thats 77 fleet units. Anything other than these vessels would not be suitable for operations in the open waters to the east of Taiwan where the USN forces would operate.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
By 2010 the PLAN will be deploying 12 Kilo class, 10~15 Song class, and 2~5 Yuan class diesel-electric submarines, as well as 2~4 Type 093 SSN and 1~2 Type 094 SSBN.

www.sinodefence.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
o wut the # if we wanted to we could just send a nuke there no big deal beside this isnt event United States bussnis y the hell did we protect and send weapon to the taiwans any way

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kent
Who is afraid of the Chinese considering what weaponry we have?Kent,csm

who the fc do u think you are. and tell me why the fc dose U.S. have to get involv with the taiwans. this is our fight and i highly sugest that U.S. dont get in the other nations bussnis or you guys will have a lot of truble

o yah one more thing
do you know wut we have?????

i guess not. so y dont you shut your fat mouth and go fc your self

[edit on 15-3-2005 by dragon slayer19900314]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
One thing a lot of people don't realize is that even though Taiwan has 700 tanks... they are quite simply crap

Crap? What makes you say that? Did someone sell them crappy tanks?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't know all the details of army navy numbers but it is quite simple.

Chinese could very easily place people where they wanted to in Taiwan to gain technology of how everything runs. As Fred Pointed out it's economic value is what China wants. What if China just wiped them all out or most Taiwanese biologically.

I am sure China has the man power to take over the industries. Biological weapons would be then contained and life goes on. They could even try to do it so the US doesn't know to much about what is going on until too late. We all know how much 'news' comes out of the two countries. If that happens though I will surely miss watching their parliament on telly. Better than Springer and any reality show i have ever watched.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragon slayer19900314

Thats was you post after 3 edits??????

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join