It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - First Leaks Revealed

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I was for this last week, but now I'm against it, the information leaked gives no benefit to anyone in the world and having it exposed publicly is undoing the "good" America was trying to do... Wikileaks Cablegat=Fail. Its fine to sit in your centrally heated American home ranting about you want to know the truth, ask yourself, do you actually care about anyone else in the world?
edit on 29-11-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

So all the bad things OUR governments do should be left in the dark? So they can continue doing it?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by Fiberx
If these are opinions about world leaders and social/political situations around the world.. what's the big deal?

What sort of punishment should there be for American politicians having opinions about world leaders and diplomats? I am really curious, because if we are punishing people for their unflattering opinions, we need to imprison most of Europe ASAP for their CRIMES??? of insulting former President Bush and the American people for the last decade..

Right?

Let's see something more than your egos bruised before we declare America the ultimate enemy.

We've been flooded with hate from you for what feels like an eternity. Maybe it will do you some good to see that you can be viewed in a less than flattering light as well.

I'd like to see all the rosy, happy, friendly comments your diplos make in what are supposed to be private communications...

This is the international version of "but tommy said .....", like a bunch of 3rd graders.

Where's the beef?

Have you actually read all the material which is available so far, have you looked at it yourself or are you relying on the snippets which are appearing in the MSM?

With respect, it's you who is sounding like a 3rd grader right now.

I was going to say second grader...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

No, but selective information could have been released, like all the "bad" things. Wikileaks could have made a statement that, ok "this is what the world should know"... leave the other information to be.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

I dont see a difference

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Thermo Klein

WOW, Thank you. I just read through that. It sounds like the recent failed terror attacks could have been staged to implement the body scanners. Check out this qoute...

"If someone really had believed that we have transnational terror under control, and that we can give an all-clear signal with respect to security, then those people have now been taught better. Irrespective of whether the attacker acted on his own or on the instructions of al-Qaida, the danger is not over and that is why travelers, not only to the Untied States, must accept new inconveniences which are hopefully useful."

I realise this quote is from a newspaper but it does resonate in relation to the body scanners.

it sure fits the senario tho doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

America is the only country in the world that would actually do something and plenty of countries rely on them... Are you Mr Conspiracy101 that believe that they are all evil?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

I dont think they can, and of course he has the INSURANCE file, meaning if wikileaks goes down or if he goes down then the unlock code for the massive file (which is now in worldwide circulation) will be given to unlock the most important information which he has chosen not to release for some reason or another.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Yeah and they need to pay for the wrong doings.. Hiding the truth isn't going to make our problems go away; and since all the dirty secrets are coming out, we might as well clean house now

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The bottom line to all this is certain governments,including the USA leading the charge with false flag operations to get WE THE PEOPLE to submit and bow down to this BIG LIE..I for one am tired of it,we need to hold them accountable and figure out a way to prosecute these tyrants to the fullest extent of the law and make AMERICA FREE again...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

What dirty secrets? other than the body scanning, what has changed your life?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

A lot of people have commented here that most of the cables are boring communication, maybe boring to you because it doesn't involve you, but do you care about the country that is influenced? no

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Have u even been reading the posts on here?

You havent read anything I've posted because you'd know that i have a great interest in this and this is definitely not boring...

Stop being a pansy.. we need change and this could work
edit on 29-11-2010 by squirelnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I concur.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Yes I have read to posts on here as well as some cables on wikileaks, I am informed.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
reply to post by kykweer

Have u even been reading the posts on here?

You havent read anything I've posted because you'd know that i have a great interest in this and this is definitely not boring...

Stop being a pansy.. we need change and this could work
edit on 29-11-2010 by squirelnutz because: (no reason given)

DITTO

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

You need to stop looking at this as a bad thing.. It's letting the guys in charge know that they can't get away with everything anymore...

I don't know who's behind it or their agenda, but i think it's a step in the right direction for the ENTIRE WORLD; not just America

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The 'Russkies' (as you call them) put bugs in the walls of embassies and spy on people and countries that way for sure. And I'm sure they spy on people and countries in ways you can't even imagine. Again .. it's naive to think the USA is the only ones that do this.

Originally posted by zero1020
America was founded on the idea that we would not interfere with other nation's problems

No it wasn't. That's completely wrong.

Originally posted by kykweer
In the last few hours, 25 000 people have joined wikileaks on their facebook and nearly 20 000 have started following them on twitter... quite amazing

Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it? All they hype put out by wikileaks .. and nothing coming out of any real significance. Good marketing ploy. They'll get a bundle from commercial advertisers in the future. Someone will get a bundle selling their story in the future too. They've played the public on this one .. and the public fell for it.

Originally posted by Nomad451
So when is this "earth-shaking history changing" information going to some to light?

Good question. Probably when (if) wikileaks actually stole classified info from the Chinese and published it. Then perhaps some interesting info would come to light. But what they've hyped up so far .... boring.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Clinton and Obama are already in the hot seat over breaking UN Laws.

No they aren't. The USA didn't do anything that any other country is doing (or wants to do). The UN is a corrupt cesspool and it's notoriously anti-American. The USA has an obligation to it's citizens to keep a watch on the UN. To do anything else would be irresponsible. and the UN isn't one to talk about 'breaking laws'. It's up to it's eyeballs in broken international laws and nepotism, etc etc

Originally posted by Komodo
it just shows how greedy for information the US politicians are..
WHY.. !!!? why do THEY HAVE to be so greedy?

You still don't get it, do you? Lemme' spoon feed everyone who is complaining about the USA ...

The USA has an obligation to look out for it's own interests. No one else will do it. They've got to do it for themselves. EVERYONE does it. EVERY country and even the UN itself. Everyone spys on everyone else. It's a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY to keep an eye on countries and organizations (UN) that are anti-American. The other countries keep an eye on countries and organizations that are anti-____ (fill in their own country). Spying on enemies and 'friends' is a part of recorded human history for at least the past 10,000 years.

IT IS SMART BUSINESS. To blindly accept at face value anything enemies of the state say is ignorant and just asking for your own country to get whallupped by the bad guys. The United Nations, and many countries on this planet, have a long track record of lies, corruption, and anti-American goings on. It's just that simple.

If America wasn't spying on the UN .. if America wasn't spying on other countries ... Then our elected officials and security agencies wouldn't be doing their job correctly. Americans have to put America first .. just like the UN puts the UN first; and China puts China first; and Russia puts Russia first; and Syria puts Syria first; and Mexico puts Mexico first; etc etc. If anyone out there expects America to sit back and do nothing in regards to intelligence gathering, all the while everyone else is spying and gathering info to keep themselves safe and to advance their own agendas, then you are naive and have your heads in stuffed in the sand.

Originally posted by TheFeminineOperaGhost
I wonder how much trouble USA's going to be in.

None. Because everyone else does the same damn thing. And when other countries hypocritically make a fuss, America will expose THEM for doing the same thing. And America can expose the UN for its broken laws and it's ineptitudes, etc etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The only thing you touched on were the cases of spying, though.. What about the backroom nuclear/missle deals between countries.. In the first day we got North Korea supplying missiles to Iran THROUGH China?.. That's pretty big.. UK company suppling Iran with nuclear conductor materials?... Our dealings with Qatar?

You people gotta remember this is just the first day, more stuff is coming out
edit on 29-11-2010 by squirelnutz because: terrorists made me

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

What about countries like Zimbabwe?

If you have a reading problem, just say so, but i said that I have no problems with the bad things coming out, but everything else should be kept private, you don't need to know everyone's conversational topics or everyone's private opinions. Are you that paranoid? To think that everything done is with bad intentions? I tell you my friend with that mindset, your Government can change, the world could be flat and fairies could be UFO's, you will Never be satisfied.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join