It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7$ dollars a gallon for Gas are you ready?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
$182 to $200 dollars a barrel,
Bush�s Energy Adviser, Matthew Simmons had said in an August 2003 interview quote� The situation is desperate. This is the worlds biggest serious question�
At a May 2004 conference on peak oil he predicted oil would be priced at $182 per barrel
Heck even Osama Bin Laden feels $200 is a �fair price� for a barrel of oil.

The highest oil has ever been was $80 per barrel / 1979.
And that knocked the world into a recession, what�s going to happen at $200 per barrel?

Quote from Vice President Dick Cheney �By some estimates, there will be an average of two percent annual growth in global oil demand over the years ahead, along with, conservatively, a three-percent natural decline in production from existing reserves.�

Cheney ended on a disturbing note, �That means by 2010 we will need on the order of an additional 50 million barrels a day.�

This is equivalent to six times the amount of oil produced per day by Saudi Arabia, the world's leading oil producer.

Do you the readers here think gas and oil will go as high in price as these quotes say? and when, one year, two, five years.?

Are you ready for $7 per gallon gas, $182?
Per barrel oil, 50 percent yearly inflation, total economic collapse, unending resource wars, and a large-scale reinstitution of the military draft?
www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net...

The undeclared oil war - By Paul Roberts
www.hipakistan.com...

[edit on 10-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes, I do see oil prices rising irrevokably in the not-too distant future. I would expect that we should start feeling the crunch within 2 years, with a full scale economy crash within 5, if current reserve estimates are even remotely correct, and nothing more is done than is already done. Matthew Simmons is correct. The petroleum geologists agree. The only people that don't see this as a major problem are the economists, who think that growth without end is actually possible.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ouizel
The only people that don't see this as a major problem are the economists, who think that growth without end is actually possible.

Um, no, economists don't think that. Investment advisors, on the other hand, and their counterparts on "business television" and in the media who want to hype up the markets for their own profit... they might think that, or rather want you to imagine that they think that.

Anyways the oil companies are sitting on all these alternative energy patents, preventing alternative fuels from being developed and exploited. Once the market price of oil goes high enough, they'll budge. And yeah, it's not going to be pretty for the economy. Any suggestions?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'd be interested to know how Peak oil issues effect other petrochemical products, as well as gas prices.

I imagine it to be a threefold problem.

1/ Oil products used as an energy source in industry getting more expensive
2/ Oil products used as a material for manufacturing (e.g. plastics etc) getting more expensive
3/ Oil products used in transportation. (petrol/diesel for cars, trucks, trains, planes etc)

For problem 1, industrial energy, I expect rising prices to lead to more use of alternative sources such as natural gas, nuclear or other sources.

For problem 2, I don't know. Products will change, we'll be forced to recycle more, we may even go back to natural materials in many cases. I expect molecular engineering and other advanced sciences to lead us to new methods of fabrication as well. We may eventually be able to "grow" what we need biologically...

AS for transport, this may be the area that suffers. It's one thing being able to implement a new technology in an industrial setting, but transport has so many extra requirements such as size, weight etc it may be much longer till we find real solutions.

We're actually not far from $7 a gallon for gas/petrol in the UK right now. Then again the UK is smaller and much more densely populated. We don't need to travel as far by car each day to get to work, shops, etc. so high prices don't have as bad an effect as they might in the US.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Just Google for "Peak Oil". There are plenty of websites. Some of them paint extremely grim pictures of the not-too-distant future. Others say it's won't be so bad, but it'll be very different, still others say that Peak Oil is a myth. I'm not sure which to believe, but I'm preparing myself anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I was thinkin that if its true that oil reaches 7$.....Well..bad things..really really bad things..catch my drift?

Unless of coarse our govt.(or anyones govt.) had some secret fuel technology just waiting for oil to max out...well..we can hopelol

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sauron, You've never been to the UK have you?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Sauron, You've never been to the UK have you?

Actually I�m from Belfast Northern Ireland originally, I haven�t been back in 30 years

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm thinking we are all gonna have to ride those Segway scooters and live in cities. Its gonna be one rough future!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You know what the sad thing is, even with the fossil fuel crisis Bush's plan to introduce hydrogen fuel is based on the fact that oil will be used to produce the hydrogen, effectively eliminating the whole purpose of hydrogen fuels.

The oil industry is definately the parasitic leech on mankind!

MBF

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren
You know what the sad thing is, even with the fossil fuel crisis Bush's plan to introduce hydrogen fuel is based on the fact that oil will be used to produce the hydrogen, effectively eliminating the whole purpose of hydrogen fuels.

The oil industry is definately the parasitic leech on mankind!

The biggest problem is that too many people in power are tied too closely to the oil industry. What we need to do is develop new energy sources that are not tied to oil at all.

A lot of people have a lot of good ideas, but they don't have the resources to develop them and put them into production.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Look what I found.
Ok, It�s Teheran Times....
Take a look anyway.

www.tehrantimes.com.../11/2004&Cat=9&Num=032

"High Oil Prices Due To Speculation Not Lack Of Supplies"

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Look what I found.
Ok, It�s Teheran Times....
Take a look anyway.

www.tehrantimes.com.../11/2004&Cat=9&Num=032

"High Oil Prices Due To Speculation Not Lack Of Supplies"

Interesting

are we being manipulated? Is there a conspiracy here?
Mind you its� just one Eastern country saying this, could it be disinformation? To make us think the Western powers are lying to us again

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
are we being manipulated? Is there a conspiracy here?
Mind you its� just one Eastern country saying this, could it be disinformation? To make us think the Western powers are lying to us again

Well, I know that at least Norway is not crying because of the high oil-prices.
I bet there are other actors on the market who make a few bucks as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is precisely why I haven't bought a car yet. When I was 16 I started hearing about all this, and the problem is gaining momentum at an exponential rate.

When the world DOES decide to use another form of energy.... I'll only hope that I can convert a DeLorean to use it.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
high gas prices like that spell bad news. for 7$ a gollon we might as well all use methol alcohol (mainly for drag racing). fortunately it will be an easy swap for me!

XL5

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I figure the hydrogen in place of gas will be the means to charge us for something we could have had for free anyway.

The PTB probably have free energy or something close (90%eff. solar cells) and will make the energy to make the hydrogen, then sell it to us as they did gas. Since there is no way they could charge people for something they can get them self. People will fall for it since hydrogen is much like gas and probably has the upper hand on a pure electric car.

I feel that if they really wanted a solution to the recharge, weight and life time issues with batterys in electric cars, they should develop capacitors to have energy densitys that exceed lead acid and weigh 3-5 times less then a lead acid of the same energy.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Well, I know that at least Norway is not crying because of the high oil-prices.
I bet there are other actors on the market who make a few bucks as well.

- anyone connected with oil production is going to loving the prices at the moment.

As has been said the UK proves the market will already 'bear' approx $7(per imp gallon!)....so you can bet the sights are set higher.

Still, we can at least all comfort ourselves on the thought of the massive (completely 'unearned') wind-fall profits this hike has generated for Bush and his big-oil mates, huh?

Watch out for that latest terror alert now y'all!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ethanol. We have entire states that grow nothing but corn. Get the picture?

Corn. Greedy arab monarchies, terrorists, and sleaze bag enron jokers, beware. Good luck bombing the state of Iowa.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There are three things I can think of this morning that Americans will buy no matter what it cost:

Gas
Cigarettes
Coffee

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join