It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi elected minority leader . . . I'm dumbfounded

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
After all the bullcrap . . .. this . . . .

Do they want it to eventually be an All Republican kinda thing or what?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well it almost looks like C.P.R. for the minority party.( Shakes head in disbelief !)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
really?.... just really? i mean, after everything, i couldnt be surprised anymore. this will happen repetitively, just like the msm will convince sheeple to re-elect obama next election. watch. that might be a prophecy i cant see failing

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Why are you dumbfounded? I am not shocked at all. The Dems are just preparing for their 2012 election losses a little early in 2010, is all.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Pelosi is the leader because she hails from a gerrymandered district that would vote for her even if she went out and killed 10 people in a drunken rampage.

She can not be disloged from office.

Since she can't be dislodge no matter what she does, this gives her a lot of power to say and do unpopular things and to take the heat for her party.

As long as people are mad at Nancy Pelosi and not the democratic party, the democratic party is happy.

edit on 17-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Almost as dumb as Republicans electing Boner.

He's probably the single most corrupt Republican now that Bush and Cheney are out of the picture.. I do give him credit, no man can lie, twist words, and completely double back on his own words quite like mr. Boner.

Clearly this is evidence both parties quite simply DON'T GET IT!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The RWNJ's and others on the far right HATE Nancy Pelosi because she is one of the most effective and productive majority leaders in the history of this country, not to mention the first woman to hold the post.

It is no surprise that Democrats in the House want her to continue in a leadership position and no surprise at all that the far right wants someone they can steamroller over in order to force their extremist positions on Congress and the American people. They want all Democrats to have poor leadership. They want the "glory days" of the Bush administration back again and want no progress at all in this country except massive tax breaks for the top 2%, which will add trillions more to the deficit.

It is a given that someone who is in any way progressive (instead of retrogressive) will be hated by the right.

This thread is already so predictable

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Those aren't the reasons I dislike her.
This election did nothing to change Washington. We will just have a whole lot more of the same, I believe.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
After all the bullcrap . . .. this . . . .

Do they want it to eventually be an All Republican kinda thing or what?

You are shocked that Pelosi got re-elected minority leader, and yet john boehner being elected new speaker leaves nothing in your mind?

First of all, the dislike from conservatives over Pelosi has never been clear cut, maybe you can clarify why pelosi in your eyes is such a bad house speaker? I don't like Pelosi and I do believe the voter in the midterms was in part a dissatisfaction for Pelosi's performance.

In my eyes Pelosi failed her position in taking a stance and removing the patriot act. Aside from that I cannot really say she is worse than many other politicians in DC. She was not an effective communicator over the concerns of the American people, but then again I can say that for many other politicians. John Boehner is worse if not one in the same as Pelosi:

-He voted to make the PATRIOT ACT permanent as with many other Republicans and Democrats in 2005, never held himself accountable or regretted it.

-Voted to define marriage between a man and a woman, voted to bar adoption for homosexual couples.

-Voted yes on public school prayer.

-Voted yes on Limiting healthcare lawsuits to $250,000 in damages, that's right, he wants to get involved in the courts and cut the level of accountability of certain people under of court of law.

and yes, he voted for the invasion against Iraq, voted against an exit strategy.

For all those alex Jones anti-NWO folks, Boehner voted no on the United States withdrawing itself from the World Trade Organization.

So, I fail to see how you can focus on Pelosi, to which it's unclear what sets her apart, and ignore Boehner. Maybe you can explain this to me?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Mind you though Boehner did vote against the bail-outs, so theres a little gem for ya'll right there. But then again his previous actions overshadow his stance back in 2008 and 2009.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Don't much matter to me whether Pelosi is a he, a she or an it, what does bother me is the clear sense of entitlement that costs the taxpaying public unnecessarily.

(just a sample)

Yes, Pelosi may have been an 'effective leader' but when that leader gives off a perception that the silver spoon comes with the job while constituents suffer job losses, lose houses, and spiral into a financial armageddon from which they'll never emerge . . . well, lets just say I have a problem with that.

If the Democratic Party believes that Pelosi is the best person for the job, so be it. To me, it tells a lot about the pool of candidates from which the right honorable minority leader was chosen.

It isn't a gender issue with me, it's a common sense issue.

But, if it makes you feel better in supporting Pelosi as minority leader by inferring I'm a gender biased Republican slob, feel free. That's the coolest thing about this country and constitution to which these politicians are collectively laying waste . . . you have that right!
edit on 18-11-2010 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Um . . . if you check the time stamp of the original post, you'll see boehner had not been elected to the position yet.

My step-daughter's daily driving lesson, makin' supper, and helping the aforementioned kidlet with her English homework took precedence over these lofty pages.

Suffice it to say, I feel pretty much the same way about Mr. Tearjerk as I do about most politicians in this country.

They're a bunch of money-grubbing, egotistical, self-entitled, trough-swilling swine that deserve to be pushed face down in a pool of their own effluent until they agree to focus on the people they represent and not their own interest in kissing the appropriate number of business tushies to ensure their war chests are funded appropriately to ensure re-election.

Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It amazes me when Politicians say oversimplified things like "we lost because of unemployment".

Erosion of freedoms, blatant disregard for the citizens, a Health care reform that screws taxpayers and exempts politicians and insiders, the 1.4 trillion that they blew and the hundreds of billions to wall street and failed businesses, the intentional devaluation of our currency in the name of "quantitative easing", denial of inflation and raising taxes seems to just be lost in the shuffle.

It's almost as if they can't see the rest of the elephant if someone points at the tail.

edit on 18-11-2010 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Almost as dumb as Republicans electing Boner.

He's probably the single most corrupt Republican now that Bush and Cheney are out of the picture.. I do give him credit, no man can lie, twist words, and completely double back on his own words quite like mr. Boner.

Clearly this is evidence both parties quite simply DON'T GET IT!

!!! Prove it? Evidence? Link? Hello? WTH are you talking about? Seriously, you're gonna compare Boehner to Pelosi???

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76

!!! Prove it? Evidence? Link? Hello? WTH are you talking about? Seriously, you're gonna compare Boehner to Pelosi???

Here is one instance...Bohner gave out tobacoo lobbyist checks on the floor....
John Boehner admits to giving bribes

There's a video on top of the story where Bohner defends his actions by saying 'it's not against the rules' and 'it happens all the time'. But he does regret (that it got out) it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hey more power to her.

I personally can't stand looking at the woman. She reminds me of that bat # crazy harpy Nancy Grace.

Meh, they'll have to sleep in the bed they made here....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
She wasn't elected, she was chosen by the communists. She is commie to the core and should be prosecuted for treason towards the United States of America. Along with Obama, the art critics, CPS, feminists, department of education, and any other politically correct movement leader/ communist subversive agent.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For those of you asking why conservatives dislike Pelosi... How about that draining the swamp of corruption BS? Just looking at the farce that was the Rangel hearing is reason enough. The most ethical congress ring any bells. Granted Rangels little games went on for a long time and wasn't stopped. But you would think such blatant acts would bring down the hammer once made public.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Um . . . if you check the time stamp of the original post, you'll see boehner had not been elected to the position yet.

As housespeaker? How does this make any difference to his voting record? Boehner assumed office for the house of representitives since 1991. Since then he has made it clear his stance on the patriot act and on the Iraq war. He also voted NO on requiring warrants for wiretapping again in 2008 since he assumed leadership on the Republican party. It is not hard to go onto google and research his history and where he stood on issues.

They're a bunch of money-grubbing, egotistical, self-entitled, trough-swilling swine that deserve to be pushed face down in a pool of their own effluent

Uhuh, but what makes Pelosi special again in light of Mr Boehners and other history? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
For those of you asking why conservatives dislike Pelosi...

Well I figured because she has a "D" next to her name and she was a liberal, that may be a clue, but I thought maybe, just maybe, there would be more substance to this great dislike of her.

How about that draining the swamp of corruption BS? Just looking at the farce that was the Rangel hearing is reason enough.

Ok, so because other Democrats are corrupt, this is automatically linked to her? This is what makes her especially hated among the politicians? because of some guilt by association? I suppose because the Bush administration was corrupt we can automatically link that to Boehner right?

What bills, or laws, or actions did she carry out for you to dislike her? I am not concerned about what other Democrats did.

The most ethical congress ring any bells. Granted Rangels little games

What did Pelosi, Pelosi do during her time as speak of the house between 2007 and 2010 that makes her stand out from the rest in your eyes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join